**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Progression

Anyone else feel that progression is getting easier for lower level players? With the recent events over the past few months, I think a lot of players under UC have been getting six stars faster than I did when I was at that point in the game. Not hating on this, I'm just curious as to why this has been happening more recently?

Comments

• Options
    It happens more because if people spent as much time as I did to get through act 4, they'd just Uninstall the game after a week. Acts 5 and 6 were tuned down because the average player getting to them don't have 2+ years of experience with the game by the time they get there. A lot of players are probably getting to act 5 within a couple weeks of playing the game.

Game economy inflation will always benefit lower players to progress faster.
  • Options
    PristineWaterPristineWater Posts: 46
    Pikolu said:

It happens more because if people spent as much time as I did to get through act 4, they'd just Uninstall the game after a week. Acts 5 and 6 were tuned down because the average player getting to them don't have 2+ years of experience with the game by the time they get there. A lot of players are probably getting to act 5 within a couple weeks of playing the game.

You think this will ever be changed? I find it kind of unfair, especially for people that pay money, that lower level players are breezing through the lower ranks with essentially free six star crystals from events. The game is meant to be a long progression, it shouldn't be changed. Early-game, mid-game, and end-game need to be intentionally different from each other not melded together.
  • Options
    WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,365 ★★★★
    6* are nothing special anymore, everything is shifting to 7* Meta slowly. It’s fine as it is imo.
  • Options

Pikolu said:

You think this will ever be changed? I find it kind of unfair, especially for people that pay money, that lower level players are breezing through the lower ranks with essentially free six star crystals from events. The game is meant to be a long progression, it shouldn't be changed. Early-game, mid-game, and end-game need to be intentionally different from each other not melded together.
    You pay money for an advantage of time. Also this is a mobile free-to-play game. If you cut out the new players, you're going to have a really bad time later down the road as your old players lose interest and leave. The goal of a free-to-play game is have the game be fun enough to hook people in and have them stay. Look at Marvel Future fight, you can basically get the equivalent of a r3 6* super fast in that game now. It happens everywhere, and I'm fine with that. I want more people to join my favorite mobile game and stay around.
  • Options
    Viper198787Viper198787 Posts: 465 ★★★

Pikolu said:

So you’re saying that new players should play the game for 9 years to be able to progress to where you’re at now? Then what happens in 9 years when you’re another 9 years ahead of them? If there was no incentive to help new players catch up, then they wouldn’t play. Why would they even bother trying to play BGs, AW, or AQ if their roster is going to be permanently 9 years behind you?
  • Options
    PristineWaterPristineWater Posts: 46

Pikolu said:

So you’re saying that new players should play the game for 9 years to be able to progress to where you’re at now? Then what happens in 9 years when you’re another 9 years ahead of them? If there was no incentive to help new players catch up, then they wouldn’t play. Why would they even bother trying to play BGs, AW, or AQ if their roster is going to be permanently 9 years behind you?
    An understandable comment. I’m not saying they should play the game for nine years, I’m actually a cavalier player right now. When I first played the game cavalier was harder to reach, but now that I reinstalled the game a few months ago I’ve noticed that there are a lot of players at my level who took just two weeks to get there. Once again I’m not complaining I just feel that there could be a better way to go about getting new players interested.
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,766 ★★★★★
    Yes, and I think it's fine. New players get masteries, champs and resources faster, but they inevitably hit the skill wall sooner or later. 6.1 is becoming a big challenge lately, at least based on Reddit posts of struggling players. Sooner or later, the players will have to learn the valuable skills (parry, reparry, intercept, dexing the harder specials, reading nodes,...), so it's not like they are served everything on a silver plate. It's just that they are limited by their own skills rather than resources acquisition and management. And that is perfect imo.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,495 ★★★★★
    I started the game in 2019 and got my first 5* within 2 months.. for a player of 2017, it takes almost 1 year to get their first 5*. So can we conclude that it was unfair for them?
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,599 ★★★★★
    edited October 2023

Pikolu said:

If you were in charge of the game and how it's "meant" to be then I'm sure it would be exactly like that. Unfortunately, it's Kabams game and they think it is beneficial to streamline the early game and there is nothing you can do about it. Games get updated over time, that's just how it is.
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,495 ★★★★

Anyone else feel that progression is getting easier for lower level players? With the recent events over the past few months, I think a lot of players under UC have been getting six stars faster than I did when I was at that point in the game. Not hating on this, I'm just curious as to why this has been happening more recently?

1) battlegrounds is now the main focus of the game and as such is its primary revenue driver
    2) battlegrounds is geared towards/rewards users with diverse, high-ranked champ decks
    3) diverse, high-ranked champ decks are more easily attainable via higher progression, or cash, or both
    4) faster you get users with diverse, high-ranked champ decks, via cash offers or accelerated progression, faster you get revenue, faster you hit your sales numbers, happier everyone gets.

That's about it.