Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

BG points farming

Is points farming considered a bannable offense by Kabam? We saw this problem last time they added extra milestones which is the case with season 12.

Also, anyone know how many extra milestones and rewards are in the alliance event for BG season 12?

Comments

• Options
    WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,328 ★★★★
    What do mean with points farming? It’s allowed to play BG.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,267 ★★★★★
    It makes a difference to the system overall, and other Players.
    In response to your question, no. It's not a bannable offense.
  • Options
    CASrinivasCASrinivas Posts: 970 ★★★

Yes...But it doesn't make a difference to Kabam...
    He's not usingb3rd Party Apps
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,267 ★★★★★

Well no, as of right now it's not a problem they're looking at. That could change in the future if they decide that people camping out and picking others off is something they need to inhibit.
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,082 ★★★★★

Is points farming considered a bannable offense by Kabam? We saw this problem last time they added extra milestones which is the case with season 12.

Also, anyone know how many extra milestones and rewards are in the alliance event for BG season 12?

There is also extra incentive to get to the GC this season, so we’ll see how it shakes out.

As of now, there is no limit to how many losses or forfeits a player can have.
  • Options
    KTPrimalKTPrimal Posts: 103
    It should be an issue. Its supposed to be a competitive mode. Competitive games/modes go out of their way to limit/stop tanking, smurfing, and if you forfeit or lose connection there's usually a timeout period before requeuing. They have started looking into win sharing for gc so maybe they'll shift towards tanking in vt as well.
  • Options

Well no, as of right now it's not a problem they're looking at. That could change in the future if they decide that people camping out and picking others off is something they need to inhibit.
    those people getting "picked off" are also getting tons of free wins, since you have to forfeit 50% of the matches. It's not like someone can just keep winning and stay down in plat
    Thats just cope. On the surface they're free wins for those players, but they're also free wins for the one who's tanking when a push is decided. The problem is there's no derank system. That would at least make the tanker have to use much more energy or elder marks to reach where they want when they decide to push. Alliances do the same thing in War, and its frowned upon, but is acceptable for bg. What's the difference?
  • Options
    Greekhit said:

KTPrimal said:

those people getting "picked off" are also getting tons of free wins, since you have to forfeit 50% of the matches. It's not like someone can just keep winning and stay down in plat
    Thats just cope. On the surface they're free wins for those players, but they're also free wins for the one who's tanking when a push is decided. The problem is there's no derank system. That would at least make the tanker have to use much more energy or elder marks to reach where they want when they decide to push. Alliances do the same thing in War, and its frowned upon, but is acceptable for bg. What's the difference?
    Difference is that at AW tanking helps to place at a higher final ranking that you would otherwise do.
    At BGs tanking won’t affect your final ranking at VT or GC.
    There is actually a big difference.
    Also, what’s the problem with people farming BGs solo event?
    No one is losing anything.
    People that farm except for winning “easier” opponents they give away wins to “easier” opponents too.
    There is really nothing Kabam can do, since they can’t force people win their matches, and at the end of the day who is that who will decide which matches are meant to be won?
    Only thing Kabam can do to regulate farming is to close the gap between EM and energy contribution to BGs solo/ally event.
    And since that is very unlikely to happen, for obvious game economy reasons, farming is here to stay as the most effective way to use your resources at BGs 😉
    Considering players who got free wins were disqualified for the Brawl, I'd say tanking and giving free wins is an issue.

Tanking place players who received free wins at a higher level than they may or may not have otherwised placed. Then those players become fodder for when the tanker chooses to push. Tanking allows players to gain more event points and rank higher than they normally would. Otherwise a player wouldn't tank. The same applies for shell alliances in war.

• Options
    There are plenty of ways this could be combated, if it were deemed to be a serious enough issue. I’d agree change however is unlikely. Just off the top of my head:

- Rework the matchmaking system
    - Limit the number of forfeits per time period/level/etc
    - Limit the amount of points that can be earned from each level
    - Deduct points for a forfeit loss
    - Greater incentives to progress to GC with bonus for how quickly you get there

Some won’t work, some will be played around. It will take people longer but with penalties for forfeiting, most people just swap in a low rated deck.
  • Options
    Wubbie075Wubbie075 Posts: 734 ★★★
    edited October 2023

There are plenty of ways this could be combated, if it were deemed to be a serious enough issue. I’d agree change however is unlikely. Just off the top of my head:

Some won’t work, some will be played around. It will take people longer but with penalties for forfeiting, most people just swap in a low rated deck.

You do not have to forfeit to tank. You don't even have to run a low rated deck. You just have to not win.
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,047 ★★★★★
    KTPrimal said:

Greekhit said:

KTPrimal said:

Difference is that at AW tanking helps to place at a higher final ranking that you would otherwise do.
    People that farm except for winning “easier” opponents they give away wins to “easier” opponents too.
    There is really nothing Kabam can do, since they can’t force people win their matches, and at the end of the day who is that who will decide which matches are meant to be won?
    Only thing Kabam can do to regulate farming is to close the gap between EM and energy contribution to BGs solo/ally event.
    And since that is very unlikely to happen, for obvious game economy reasons, farming is here to stay as the most effective way to use your resources at BGs 😉
    Considering players who got free wins were disqualified for the Brawl, I'd say tanking and giving free wins is an issue.

Tanking place players who received free wins at a higher level than they may or may not have otherwised placed. Then those players become fodder for when the tanker chooses to push. Tanking allows players to gain more event points and rank higher than they normally would. Otherwise a player wouldn't tank. The same applies for shell alliances in war.

Most seasons i also tank within GC. I'll usually get to around 150 rating because i can go 16-1 or so usually, then i'll just forfeit down to 0. Should that also not be allowed? Your war example was nonsense because there has never been, nor will there ever be a punishment for tanking in war.
  • Options
    Wubbie075 said:

You do not have to forfeit to tank. You don't even have to run a low rated deck. You just have to not win.
    Perhaps… the last time there were increased rewards in season 9 there was a definite race to forfeit and people who tried to just not win ended up winning and getting pushed through the ranks.
  • Options

Every other Player gets a bye, eventually pushing them to a Tier they didn't earn, and the ones that are ambushed for easy Wins are suffering. Meanwhile, the Players who were pushed are just saved for later, when the Tankers want to make their final push.
    Anytime the system is manipulated, it causes ripple effects.
    Yup. If they even institute fair matchmaking it would help, but I don’t see it. There’s no way to prevent someone from losing if they want to lose anyway
  • Options

KTPrimal said:

Greekhit said:

KTPrimal said:

Most seasons i also tank within GC. I'll usually get to around 150 rating because i can go 16-1 or so usually, then i'll just forfeit down to 0. Should that also not be allowed? Your war example was nonsense because there has never been, nor will there ever be a punishment for tanking in war.
    Nonsense? What do you think alliance shelling in war is? Kabam reset those shells to 0 war rating and did it as a warning. If it continues further punishments were said to happen.
  • Options
    Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 810 ★★★★
    Nothing I have seen from Kabam suggests they will prohibit it or want it to stop. They are perfectly fine with milestone scoring system that promotes farming. Anyone who can get their hands on elders marks without progressing while winning at will in between forfeits with energy is rewarded with top tier milestones.

It’s a garbage practice and destroys the meaning of “competitive” mode because anyone able to win at will in VC should be progressing in GC (let the “disagrees” fly). But my ire is toward Kabam and not the players who exploit it. The milestone system as constructed is a joke as is any notion that this is a “competitive” mode.

But whatever, I will keep playing it straight up… I like to actually try to win games I play.
  • Options
    KTPrimal said:

KTPrimal said:

Greekhit said:

KTPrimal said:

Nonsense? What do you think alliance shelling in war is? Kabam reset those shells to 0 war rating and did it as a warning. If it continues further punishments were said to happen.
    Shelling and tanking are completely different. Tanking is when an alliance decides to not try for a season, go 3-9, and the following season go all out. Shelling is cheating, completely different and unrelated to tanking
  • Options

KTPrimal said:

KTPrimal said:

Greekhit said:

KTPrimal said:

Shelling and tanking are completely different. Tanking is when an alliance decides to not try for a season, go 3-9, and the following season go all out. Shelling is cheating, completely different and unrelated to tanking
    There's no way you just said they're unrelated. Shelling is an alliance tanking their war rating. Which gives them easier matchups than they would by not tanking.

In BGs, players are intentionally losing matches to prevent tiering up which gives them easier matches.
  • Options

KTPrimal said:

KTPrimal said:

KTPrimal said:

Greekhit said:

KTPrimal said:

There's no way you just said they're unrelated. Shelling is an alliance tanking their war rating. Which gives them easier matchups than they would by not tanking.

In BGs, players are intentionally losing matches to prevent tiering up which gives them easier matches.
    No, shelling is an alliance having a second alliance that they tank, allowing them to both get good rewards and gain the advantage of losing. Tanking is giving up on a season.
    Both of those alliances war rating are tanking when not actively doing wars in them all the while still queuing. Gaining the advantage of losing the war rating for easier matchups getting good rewards. The same as tanking in BGs to get better rewards from the event from gaining tiers and an easier ride to GC now that the higher tiers have a wider range of weaker players.
  • Options
    CASrinivasCASrinivas Posts: 970 ★★★

This will work if they introduce Tier Rewrads like AW.
    If you reach Gold3, this reward at the end of season.
    If you reach diamond 1, This much rewards
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,708 ★★★★★
    When the rewards system doesn't distinguish where you earn your points it would be madness for anyone to deliberately make earning those points harder for themselves than it needs to be.