**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Scorpion rotation question

JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 831 ★★★★
Does anyone know the fastest rotation for scorpion? A guy took my ascended doom down in a minute with his r3. I use an r4 scorpion and it took 1:30 and I had twice as many hits.
Just been doing mlm spam sp1 to get burst damage but he’s still a new champ to me

Comments

• Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★
    Are you charging your Sp1's?

For bg's I go straight for an L2...
  • Options
    BeastDad said:

Are you charging your Sp1's?

For bg's I go straight for an L2...

I’ll try charging, thanks.
  • Options
    JuanmiJuanmi Posts: 36
    Don’t charge. MM up to sp2. That’s all you have to do.
  • Options
    PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,453 ★★★★
    Apologies for my ignorance here - but what does it mean to "charge your SP1"? Is it like charging your heavy to build up something, or holding it down like with Hawkeye?

I haven't used Scorpion at all so maybe it's something special for him?
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,319 ★★★★★
    There's this huge misconception that the right way to play Scorpion is doing the heavy charge sp2 intercept rotation and I really don't get why. There's a video from KT1 comparing sp1 spam and heavy charge sp2 intercept rotation and guess what, sp1 spam was slightly quicker and safer too lol.
    Personally, I only go for sp2 when I want to heal, otherwise sp1 spam. If it's taking you too long you must be doing something wrong cause that is his quickest and safest rotation 9 times out of 10.
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,151 ★★★★★
    I always do MM and spam sp1. If they are close to 1 bar, I would do a full combo to get them over a bar and bait it out. Those stings add up quickly.
  • Options

I did mlm spam sp1 here but it feels slow for how almost perfect the fight went.
  • Options
    OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,695 ★★★★
    Thanks to the OP for asking this question as I’m seeing some things I didn’t know in the responses.

Just for clarity - are all of you recommending the spam sp1 or spam sp2 rotations (ie don’t heavy charge) suggesting this for all Scorpion play or just for BGs?
  • Options
    spiderknight616spiderknight616 Posts: 462 ★★★
    My go-to is MM and SP1 spam. Usually the stings build up enough to finish off the opponent very quickly. Plus taunt somewhat helps in baiting specials. The heavy charge SP2 thing is too risky for my taste.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,341 ★★★★★

Thanks to the OP for asking this question as I’m seeing some things I didn’t know in the responses.

Just for clarity - are all of you recommending the spam sp1 or spam sp2 rotations (ie don’t heavy charge) suggesting this for all Scorpion play or just for BGs?

Sp-2 if you mess up a bit to heal,
    Otherwise sp-1 spam spam spam, never charge as BG AI for some reason does not dashes into your charge for at least 4 seconds.
  • Options
    GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,209 ★★★★★
    You all sp1 and sp2 spam? Pfft. MM till sp3 is the way, trust
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,319 ★★★★★

I did mlm spam sp1 here but it feels slow for how almost perfect the fight went.

Against Doom you can't do mlm sp1 spam only because of his aura. You can only do mlm sp1 while his aura is not active, while it's active you have to do full five hit combos so he keeps getting to one bar throwing sp1 and killing himself in the process, since most people run mystic dispersion all it takes is one combo and he'll be at one bar again usually.
  • Options
    victor158victor158 Posts: 73
    Mm until sp2 and then spam sp1s. youll finish with 100% health and finish quickly