Cerastes sp1

PistolcuApaPistolcuApa Member Posts: 155
Hi all, what champion should I practice on for sp1? I went and faced Cerastes and either missed 2nd or last blast consistently. I'm not a pro at this game, saw the videos of people taking him down with herc in 2 mins, but their dexing skills are up through the roof.

Comments

• PriyabrataPriyabrata Member Posts: 1,237 ★★★★
    edited November 2023
    flapjax said:

It's pretty close to CGRs SP1 but CGR has a melee hut first, and then 3 consecutive blasts with a slight delay after the 2nd beam before the final hit.

It's like Dex, Dex (wait half a second) Dex.

There's no way around it you just have to practice and learn how to do it, also the cgr thing works the first hit might be a melee in case of Cgr but it as almost identical timing for the last 2 dexes.

Just swipe twice really fast and slow down slightly for the third one
  • Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Member Posts: 1,112 ★★★★★
    I struggled with it - but did get better on the second and third tries. For me- it’s the same pattern of CGR’s SP1 but I had to force myself to start the pattern quicker and each dex was just a fraction quicker.

In fact, there were times I thought I even dexxed it too quickly only to find I didn’t get clipped. Visually it didn’t look right to me… but it worked. Pragmatism is rewarded in this game.

• PistolcuApaPistolcuApa Member Posts: 155
    Thanks guys, will have to duel some cgrs and get some sense into my thumb, hopefully unit man won't break my unit stash lol.
  • Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Member Posts: 1,171 ★★★★
    You could just use sm like gorr/fantman (regen/tanky) and try it on the real deal. It took me like 1 gorr death to learn to dex it comfortably. I managed to get him down all three times without a single revive used.
  • WhoDaPooWhoDaPoo Member Posts: 344 ★★★
    Storm Pyramid X sp1 is also close to the dex timing... but CGR has the animations to train you closer to what Cerastes does.

Also if you have a good angela, bring her for the fight. She's very forgiving with that regen.
  • OrtounOrtoun Member Posts: 772 ★★★

You could just use sm like gorr/fantman (regen/tanky) and try it on the real deal. It took me like 1 gorr death to learn to dex it comfortably. I managed to get him down all three times without a single revive used.

Gorr with Odin prefights is a really great counter, especially if you take the south path that has a couple gods/elders to build his heresy on.
  • PistolcuApaPistolcuApa Member Posts: 155
    Have no gorr, no cgr, no Angela, no fantman 😅. Need to hone that sp1 dex.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Member Posts: 3,972 ★★★★★
    Its very close to CGR, first time cost me a few revives but after that its sweet.
  • WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Member Posts: 1,376 ★★★★
    I soloed him without dexing SP1 (R4 Angela Sig 200). Just take it into the block like a King.

(I used this to hit his Block Armor after blocking his SP1, it’s the perfect timing)
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,065 ★★★★★
    edited November 2023

Hi all, what champion should I practice on for sp1? I went and faced Cerastes and either missed 2nd or last blast consistently. I'm not a pro at this game, saw the videos of people taking him down with herc in 2 mins, but their dexing skills are up through the roof.

1st and 2nd dex is back to back, 3rd dex, a little pause.
    If you want to practice first beam then OG ironman's reworked so-1 beam has same timing.
    Try Kang as well.

You're only going to get caught by kractes special during 1st beam, rest follow a pattern.