**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Stream Recap - November 3, 2023

Ackbar67Ackbar67 Posts: 401 ★★★

November Content - As Above, So Below/Dark Catacombs

Dark Catacombs is a weekly event that sounds to have some sort of entry cost.

Chee'Ilth/Kushala

Chee'ilth is an mcoc original champion that has access to cleanse, and can stack large amounts of high damage bleeds. Her abilities are more potent against Gamma-Infused opponents. She has many standard skill abilities, and she should perform well against Jessica Jones.

Kushala has a standard sorcerer 'blessings' ability, and you want multiple stacks of as many as possible. She can nullify buffs for huge incinerates (like longshot) and has access to a soul barb as well. She can place special buffs on the opponent to fuel her rotation more. She gets power when buffs are gained, instead of upon expiry. (Side note: I got to try her in Vancouver and she seems crazy fun)

MCOC on Amazon Prime Gaming

For those with Amazon Prime, you can log into your account, and get some free goodies. It looks like a follow up to Marvel Insider, awarding things like new champions as 3 stars, cav crystals, and energy refills, up to twice a month.

Alliance Quest Setup 2.0

The AQ landing page has been updated to have a much more modern feel, similar to the battlegrounds page. AQ has been switched to 4 days a week, customized within a 7 day calendar week. An alliance can individually assign battlegroups, maps, and modifiers, so you could have BG1 running map 4 Sunday through Wednesday, while BG2 runs Map 7 Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday. This also sets up for Raids, coming early 2024.

AQ Raids

Raids split a battlegroup into sets of 3, each section must defeat several enormous bosses. Each player takes on a specific role, and must alternate attempts on the boss. By playing into the node, you buff up the next player. This creates a feedback loop where your damage scales up and up to crazy levels over your attempts. Raids replace an entire week of AQ, and are available every 4 weeks.

Deathless Champions

7* deathless pieces are for endgame players, and will always be accessible through in game content and currencies, and never limited to a cash offer or rank reward. 6* deathless pieces are accessible to late game players and will generally be easier to obtain. if you get the 7* champion, the 6* comes with it. The deathless champions are designed to be a fun questing team, and will likely not be meta in battlegrounds or war, but there may be challenge objectives in the future that require their use. Obtaining all 4 deathless champs will give a special additional deathless champion, that one will be very powerful.

The remaining 7* Guillotine pieces are found in Necropolis Completion, a Challenge Objective, and a Banquet milestone. (Note: The banquet milestone it is in can be achieved by simply opening the freely awarded crystals, and spending the units obtained from other milestones)

The remaining 6* pieces can be bought with loyalty, glory, and artifacts later in the year.

The 7* pieces will be purchasable with units later on, but it will be very expensive

Necropolis

Path Rewards:
  • 7* crystal
  • 6* 4-5 gem
  • 200 t2 dust
  • 7* crystal
  • 6* 4-5 gem
  • t2 dust

Completion:
  • Title: Ruler of the Necropolis
  • 7* Deathless Guilly piece
  • 10k Titan shards
  • 6* Relic
  • 7* 1-2 gem
  • 7* 2-3 crystal
  • 2x 7* class crystal selector
  • 6* Maestro
  • 1 mastery point(!)

Exploration
  • Profile Picture
  • 3x 6* Relics
  • 1x Titan Crystal
  • 7* 1-2 gem
  • 7* 2-3 gem
  • 7* Maestro
  • 7* Launch pool selector

New Progression Title: Valiant

• Complete 8.3 and have 2x r3 7*s
  • Upon launch, the only way to be Valiant is to explore Necropolis (unless you're Fintech)
  • There will be a SINGLE r3 available from cyber week, combining unit and cash offers

Valiant Perks

• Valiant will launch with better Login Crystals, Calendar, and Holiday Gift.
  • Updates to Glory Store and new Challenge Objectives early next year
  • Exclusive Content to come
  • Upgrades to Daily deals and Preview Bundles coming soon
  • A few bonus Cyber Week offers (but no bonus r3 materials)

Comments

• Options
    Malreck04Malreck04 Posts: 3,323 ★★★★★
    Malreck04 said:

You know what, for once, just because of guilly, I’m considering doing Everest content. I won’t find the time this year, but I think I will actually start saving units and chasing whatever turns out to be the easiest completion team.

For context, I have completed neither LoL nor Abyss

Forgot to mention the new title. The one from act 8 will be trivial, so this will probably be the fastest, reasonable route for me
  • Options
    Loki_Poki1280Loki_Poki1280 Posts: 471 ★★★
    @Ackbar67 You are Amazing
  • Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,183 ★★★★
    Thanks for the recap. I couldn't see the live stream due to work.
  • Options
    benshbbenshb Posts: 798 ★★★★
    edited November 2023
    Buttehrs said:

benshb said:

My biggest fear is the exclusive content being locked behind new title. Will it come before 8.4? Will it be permanent? These kind of questions

Probably similar to how paragon gets exclusive stuff like paragauntlet and objectives/milestones etc.
    Sure, but those came late in the life of paragon.
    We had time and options to achieve the title.

Releasing temporary content for the 0.5% of the players doesn't seem fair, when the only option to get the title was either the newest everest content exploration or your wallet.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,336 ★★★★★
    What's launch pool?
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,787 ★★★★★
    edited November 2023
    benshb said:

Buttehrs said:

benshb said:

My biggest fear is the exclusive content being locked behind new title. Will it come before 8.4? Will it be permanent? These kind of questions

Probably similar to how paragon gets exclusive stuff like paragauntlet and objectives/milestones etc.

Releasing temporary content for the 0.5% of the players doesn't seem fair, when the only option to get the title was either the newest everest content exploration or your wallet.
    To be fair it does say to come on those and they aren't available day 1. So by the time they do release them, there will be probably be more than a few ftp valiants in the wild.
  • Options
    benshbbenshb Posts: 798 ★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

benshb said:

Buttehrs said:

benshb said:

To be fair it does say to come on those and they aren't available day 1. So by the time they do release them, there will be probably be more than a few ftp valiants in the wild.
    The slides said exclusive challenge objective Q1. 8.4 comes probably in April, which is Q2 (hopefully in March, but I'd give my money on April.)
    If those objectives are like Carina's, and permanent, no worries. But if time-locked, it will be sad.

• Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 1,949 ★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

benshb said:

Buttehrs said:

benshb said:

Buttehrs said:

benshb said:

The slides said exclusive challenge objective Q1. 8.4 comes probably in April, which is Q2 (hopefully in March, but I'd give my money on April.)
    If those objectives are like Carina's, and permanent, no worries. But if time-locked, it will be sad.

8.4 should actually be much sooner. The beta has already given out Invites. Plus since it's half the amount of paths it used to be, it shouldn't ever take 6 months for one chapter. Also it sounds suspiciously like a carinas chapter.
    I wonder who the 8.4 boss will be. Glykhan? Carina?
  • Options

You forgot to mention 7* sandman and shocker is coming lol

Really? Did they mention they both are coming? In what way or crystal? I haven't been able to watch the stream but that news is not mentioned anywhere on youtube by any CC

• Options
    TheHeroDeservedTheHeroDeserved Posts: 740 ★★★

You forgot to mention 7* sandman and shocker is coming lol

Really? Did they mention they both are coming? In what way or crystal? I haven't been able to watch the stream but that news is not mentioned anywhere on youtube by any CC

No details other than their arrival soon. They just wanted to mention it before people rank up their 6* based on the rebalancing period ending.
  • Options
    MmaatthheewwMmaatthheeww Posts: 46
    Malchaeis said:

Hmmm for the r3 7* gem available during cyber weekend, I wonder how it will be offered? Will it be straight forward and be like past cyber deals where it's in the end of bunch of deals bought with units think it's usually 18k worth spent? Or will it be that you have to purchase with real money all the unit offers from 5 bucks up to 100 and then you get the 7* gem? Or will it be that horrible milestone one where you get points for purchasing timed offers using units and if the timer expires you lose out and can't get it.

There's no such thing. Kabam said enough t4 alpha catalysts fragments spread throughout money and unit deals to get you a r3. There's no one source. It's very disappointing for f2play. If I explore necropolis, I can't participate in cyberweekend, and, if I complete necropolis and participate in cyberweekend, I can't get valiant. I think I'll wait to cyberweekend to see if it's worth it, and, if not, I'll explore necropolis instead.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,760 ★★★★★
    One thing I'd like an answer to is if any of the pieces of future champions will be locked behind objectives that require heavy alliance participation or if the alliance participation that's needed is similar to the Banquet objective. I'm an endgame player but am the leader of a very chill alliance with a huge variation of tier progressions and general skill levels. I don't mind the Banquet objective since it sounded perfectly doable within any alliance but I worry that there'll be a need to be in an "endgame alliance" for certain pieces, which we very much aren't.
  • Options
    wappykidwappykid Posts: 94
    Fitnesscw said:

Will the new title entail valiant 5 star to 7 star crystals? Will it have a valiant battlechip crystal? Will they get their own daily objective crystals?

Paragon players shouldn't still be getting cavalier fragment crystals and I am sure valiant will get everything updated

The most they can do is introduce paragon shard crystal for paragons and valiant with paragons forming it every 2 weeks and valiant forming it in a week
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,537 ★★★★★

Malchaeis said:

Hmmm for the r3 7* gem available during cyber weekend, I wonder how it will be offered? Will it be straight forward and be like past cyber deals where it's in the end of bunch of deals bought with units think it's usually 18k worth spent? Or will it be that you have to purchase with real money all the unit offers from 5 bucks up to 100 and then you get the 7* gem? Or will it be that horrible milestone one where you get points for purchasing timed offers using units and if the timer expires you lose out and can't get it.

There's no such thing. Kabam said enough t4 alpha catalysts fragments spread throughout money and unit deals to get you a r3. There's no one source. It's very disappointing for f2play. If I explore necropolis, I can't participate in cyberweekend, and, if I complete necropolis and participate in cyberweekend, I can't get valiant. I think I'll wait to cyberweekend to see if it's worth it, and, if not, I'll explore necropolis instead.
    That ship sailed a long time ago. We ftpers just need to wait about 6 months.
  • Options
    _Pez__Pez_ Posts: 216 ★★★
    Don't know if it's been asked but has there been any mention on how deathless champs would be awakened if they are doing one piece of each, or would you then have to use the expensive unit approach to awaken
  • Options
    SandeepSSandeepS Posts: 1,167 ★★★★
    Was there any mention of alliance ticket system for the raids?
  • Options
    PseudonymousPseudonymous Posts: 35
    I don't see anything in Amazon gaming
  • Options
    MrNonameMrNoname Posts: 14
    So new title will comes before Cyber Weekend.

I wonder if i got one r3 from complete 1st path of Necropolis and then buy the r3 deal from Cyber Weekend. Will i still able to get extra bonus/able to buy extra bonus offers (separately)? Or i have to completely buy all offer again as Valiant to get extra bonus.
  • Options
    doctorbdoctorb Posts: 1,726 ★★★
    Is the special Deathless champion only available for collecting all 7* Deathless champions or is there a 6* version for those who collect all 6* Deathless champions also?
  • Options
    MmaatthheewwMmaatthheeww Posts: 46

Malchaeis said:

That ship sailed a long time ago. We ftpers just need to wait about 6 months.
    I don't know what you mean. I'm saying that, if cyberweekend offers don't look tempting, I'll explore Necropolis instead. I have the skill, roster, and units for it.