**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Best champs for Necropolis

What are the best champions for doin Necropolis .?

Comments

• Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,164 ★★★★★

People say Zemo but the content isn't even out yet. They say that DOT champions will be important

I'm getting a feeling that Kabam just won't let Zemo run wild, debuff ticks will get damage nerf or something.

• Options
    SquammoSquammo Posts: 474 ★★★
    Since I haven’t seen a lot of ascended rank 5 Groot around it’s definitely not him…some very suspicious ascending and ranking of another specific champ going on, though. ;)
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 4,063 ★★★★★
    PT_99 said:

People say Zemo but the content isn't even out yet. They say that DOT champions will be important

I'm getting a feeling that Kabam just won't let Zemo run wild, debuff ticks will get damage nerf or something.

Zemo was in one of the clips from Kabam, so highly unlikely.
  • Options
    smdam38smdam38 Posts: 920 ★★★
    Probably Amber Heard or didn’t hear suing the depp.
    I’ll take that loss all day. Put a damn blanket on a pirate ship and little miss Aqua girl can go away.
  • Options
    MmaatthheewwMmaatthheeww Posts: 47
    Pikolu said:

AMS94 said:

Many people who had access to Necropolis on beta servers have recently ascended Zemos
    There are alliances at the top with 5-6 ascended Zemos
    This can't be just a coincidence
    Or, hear me out, they were ascending a defender for war. Keep in mind that in top alliances, you don't have the luxury of just ranking and ascending who you want, you also have to rank and ascend who the alliance needs you to ascend.
    You do realize not all alliance member need to ascend zemo for defense in AW (only one per battlegroup)?
  • Options
    Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 544 ★★★
    We should wait until the 15th for that 😂 Some 🐳 or people in a hurry will go and take stock quite quickly I'm sure and some ;)
  • Options
    Milan1405Milan1405 Posts: 952 ★★★★
    In light of the nameless grandmaster preview, I'm tempted to go back on what we said earlier, and maybe aegon will be an MVP again as he could do seriously well against the grandmaster potentially, whereas zemo, kate, shuri etc probably won't.
  • Options
    KeonexKeonex Posts: 315 ★★★
    Aegon
  • Options
    NEXTONNEXTON Posts: 600 ★★★
    OP is just yappin
  • Options
    CASrinivasCASrinivas Posts: 992 ★★★
    Dudeeee....Let the event drop in first
  • Options
    BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,597 ★★★★
    The only champ you will need…

100% MVP

• Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,262 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

AMS94 said:

Many people who had access to Necropolis on beta servers have recently ascended Zemos
    Or, hear me out, they were ascending a defender for war. Keep in mind that in top alliances, you don't have the luxury of just ranking and ascending who you want, you also have to rank and ascend who the alliance needs you to ascend.
    Or they were ascending a champion they liked.. or, surprisingly, they ascended a champion who is known for his damage in long form content before some long form content dropped. That doesn’t seem massively surprising to me.

I’ll also push back on something in AMS’ message, that we had access to necropolis on the beta. We did not, and we do not have access to that in the CCP.
  • Options

Pikolu said:

AMS94 said:

Or they were ascending a champion they liked.. or, surprisingly, they ascended a champion who is known for his damage in long form content before some long form content dropped. That doesn’t seem massively surprising to me.

I’ll also push back on something in AMS’ message, that we had access to necropolis on the beta. We did not, and we do not have access to that in the CCP.
    I think it's a bit of a stretch to say all those R5 ascended zemos are all people's favourite champion (except a few like karatemike :) ) but we all saw the screenshots of zemo against the mr fantastic fight in necropolis preview so I think it's highly likely people saw that and guessed he will be good for necropolis since he has that great infinite bleed damage.

Then with everyone guessing (note, not knowing) that zemo will be good for necropolis, other people have seen these ascended zemos in game, or observed these rank ups in videos or on the forums, and in turn ranked up and ascended their own. This created a snowball effect resulting in a lot of R5 ascended Baron Zemo's in the game as a potential option for necropolis, but 99% the people who did this have no idea if he would be good or not, they were just making an educated guess or following other players actions or reasoning.

Further to this point, zemo looks like a very poor option against the nameless grandmaster boss if the leaked nodes and abilities are true, so I really do think the whole 'zemogate' thing was just educated guessing, and in fact may turn out to be completely wrong; zemo may only be useful for the odd fight here and there, or maybe one path.
  • Options
    MiniMFMiniMF Posts: 848 ★★★★
    i bet cheelith will be very good
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,262 ★★★★★
    Milan1405 said:

Pikolu said:

AMS94 said:

I think it's a bit of a stretch to say all those R5 ascended zemos are all people's favourite champion (except a few like karatemike :) )
    Firstly, I actually didn’t say favourite champions, I just said liked. So unfortunately you’re applying that stretch yourself there a bit, remember that ascension is becoming a bit more common now, so it doesn’t feel like you only need to ascend the very, very best.

I’m speaking for my own alliance here - SSX, I know a couple of them did it for defence. But I also know that a couple of them just love the champion.

As for others, I can’t speak for them so I don’t know why they did it, maybe it was jumping on the hype train, maybe it’s just overblown. But the silly conspiracy was started off the back of maybe 4 SSX ascensions? So that’s what I’ll speak to here.

After that, I think it’s just becoming confirmation bias. There have been many more Kate Bishop ascensions that I’ve seen, another champion that performs well in long form content, but people aren’t rising up because there wasn’t a video made about it. Most other champs that are good for long form content have been released as 7*s, so no need to ascend those. And I don’t see anyone ascending an aegon for a single use piece of content, at least Zemo is a somewhat decent BGs champ, and a great war attacker.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,618 ★★★★★
    Bulmkt said:

100% MVP

We need to update this image for the 7 star and the new UI lmaoo
  • Options

Milan1405 said:

Pikolu said:

AMS94 said:

I think it's a bit of a stretch to say all those R5 ascended zemos are all people's favourite champion (except a few like karatemike :) )
    Firstly, I actually didn’t say favourite champions, I just said liked. So unfortunately you’re applying that stretch yourself there a bit, remember that ascension is becoming a bit more common now, so it doesn’t feel like you only need to ascend the very, very best.

I’m speaking for my own alliance here - SSX, I know a couple of them did it for defence. But I also know that a couple of them just love the champion.

As for others, I can’t speak for them so I don’t know why they did it, maybe it was jumping on the hype train, maybe it’s just overblown. But the silly conspiracy was started off the back of maybe 4 SSX ascensions? So that’s what I’ll speak to here.

After that, I think it’s just becoming confirmation bias. There have been many more Kate Bishop ascensions that I’ve seen, another champion that performs well in long form content, but people aren’t rising up because there wasn’t a video made about it. Most other champs that are good for long form content have been released as 7*s, so no need to ascend those. And I don’t see anyone ascending an aegon for a single use piece of content, at least Zemo is a somewhat decent BGs champ, and a great war attacker.
    Well tbh I doubt people are ascending champions they merely 'like' as their first or second ascensions. Its either the best champions (herc, NF, scorp etc) or their favourite champion.

I know people were pointing out SSX but it wasn't just there that the zemo ascensions were popping up, it was all over, which what a lot of people pointed out to KT1 and the 'zemogate' conspiracy emerged from there. And since he is a decent war defender, but not a top tier battlegrounds champion I definitely understand the leap that people made. I have seen some kate bishop rank ups but she is decay and a better battlegrounds attacker than zemo. But recently that hype train, and as you said confirmation bias, has meant we are seeing zemo pop up more than kate and pretty much all over.

I do think that it is all just a bit of harmless fun and enjoy the speculation as it has been many years since we have had such a hype piece of content drop and where we all know very little about it. Anyone taking this speculation seriously or as 100% fact is just being stupid. But I do think most people talking about 'zemogate' are just taking it as a joke.

I do think it is 100% worth ascending a champ for this content and I, as are a lot of other people, are simply waiting for necropolis to drop to pull the trigger. The nameless grandmaster boss looks designed so that common previous theoretical options like kate shuri and zemo etc won't work great for him, however I think ramped up aegon could do phenomenally. I am holding all rank ups and ascensions until at least the 15th, but if it looks like aegon will do well on the path and especially the boss I will no doubt rank 5 and ascend him.

That being said, I do of course have my baron zemo and a 4 to 5 gem on standby, just in case!
  • Options
    ahmynuts said:

Ask in 2 weeks when the content is out lmfao

why is my boy banned lmao
  • Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,856 ★★★★
    Chee'ilth and Kushala
  • Options
    WeaponXWeaponX Posts: 136
    ahmynuts said:

Bulmkt said: