Options

Red guardian buff

never in a million years did I think my boy would be getting a buff I'm gettin emotional rn I can't lie (I have a 6 star r5)

Interested in seeing if yall will end up liking him if the buff is good.

Comments

• Options
    MarvelNoobMarvelNoob Posts: 925 ★★★★
    Ya I've loved him forever and took to r4 for jokes...whose laughing now spidey!!🤣🤣
  • Options
    Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 973 ★★★★
    My alliance mate took him to r5 a couple of weeks ago for the laughs. Except now he’s the one laughing.
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 1,972 ★★★★★

Well, it's a tune-up, so I would keep those expectations low.

They specifically stated how they wanted to make his rotations more sustainable and make his damage more rewarding, but again, don't expect beyond God tiered destruction.

Tune ups still have potential. RG isn’t bad now anyways, and the things they’re targeting could make him much better. He’s always been a cool champ with an interesting concept, but just not very sustainable
  • Options

Well, it's a tune-up, so I would keep those expectations low.

They specifically stated how they wanted to make his rotations more sustainable and make his damage more rewarding, but again, don't expect beyond God tiered destruction.

I don't need to get my hopes up because from what they said about the tune up its going to make him better regardless. all he really needs is an easier way to keep the debuffs up either through pausing them during specials or just increasing the duration but obviously its a tune up so they'll be giving him more than that.
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,663 ★★★★
    Can't wait for the buff! Right now he's a pretty niche champion who requires high sig to be viable.
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,210 ★★★★
    edited November 2023
    I should post this in another thread, but:
    Can't wait for the buff. He's already a good champ, but needs a few tweaks. For example:
    1. Change the way his shield cools down. Right now it says: "When reaching 0 Durability the Shield is Fractured, entering cooldown for 8 seconds. This cooldown increases by 300% each time Fracture occurs. When cooldown ends, the Shield is repaired at 7 Durability". 300% increase is way too long, especially for short fights. Yes you can go to SP3 but you are losing out on damage output. Either get rid of the cooldown increase, or reduce it drastically.
    2. Add a Sunder debuff. This will let him reliably take tanky champs like Doctor Doom or Rintrah who have high crit resistance. RG is already a decent Doctor Doom counter with his ability to block unblockables, his buff immunity, and his slow on SP1 which shuts down his aura, but most of his damage comes from red damage and crits.
    3. Increase the duration of his SP2 Trauma. Right now his trauma lasts 3 seconds and can be refreshed using the Heavy. This sounds ok on paper, but in reality it's very stressful to refresh these. Like for example if you have a passive AI who's unwilling to either throw their specials or dash into you so you can parry heavy. To fix this, increase the duration to like 10 or 12 seconds.