Icons for AQ Modifiers

DukenpukeDukenpuke Member Posts: 658 ★★★
So I help to manage a family of alliances, and part of the job is setting up an AQ announcement in Discord for all 10 of our alliances with the maps and modifiers for each day and each alliance. The new AQ set up page is a huge boon for helping us communicate which alliances will run which maps/mods on which days, but I noticed that there are duplicate icons for several of the modifiers.

For example, under Epic modifiers, "Clean Slate - 2" and "Shielded Maneuvers - 3" both have the same icon. Under normal, "Backup Resistance - 1" and "Knockdown Physical - 1" also have the same icon. This results in an ambiguous situation where we can't tell which modifiers are being run on each day from looking at the weekly setup screenshot.

I'm suggesting that the modifier icons be updated so that they're unique, at least within each difficulty tier. This would go a long way in making my life easier, as I won't have to chase down the officers from each alliance to ask for clarification on which modifiers are being run on each day.

Thanks.

Comments

• SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,249 Guardian
    Well, remember that there are more than just the 4 or 5 in each “difficulty” group overall, just that only 4-5 of the pool is available each week.

So I imagine several may fall under the same (armor), (attack), etc, general type of Modifier, and would thus have the same Icon.

But YES, it would be nice if each was a unique icon, maybe with a sub-number (or better, a “letter” like A, B, etc), next to the icon to differentiate between them. (*note, visually there is no indication what difficulty group that (armor) modifier icon belongs too either on that main AQ Calendar grid).
  • DukenpukeDukenpuke Member Posts: 658 ★★★
    edited November 2023

Well, remember that there are more than just the 4 or 5 in each “difficulty” group overall, just that only 4-5 of the pool is available each week.

So I imagine several may fall under the same (armor), (attack), etc, general type of Modifier, and would thus have the same Icon.

But YES, it would be nice if each was a unique icon, maybe with a sub-number (or better, a “letter” like A, B, etc), next to the icon to differentiate between them. (*note, visually there is no indication what difficulty group that (armor) modifier icon belongs too either on that main AQ Calendar grid).

I don't think that's true any longer. Kabam said that with the new AQ system, they reduced the available mods for each difficulty to 4 to allow for persistent AQ enrollment.

• SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,249 Guardian
    Oh, yes you’re right, they dropped it to just 4 in each pool.

Still, on calendar grid it also doesn’t differentiate between *which* pool (ie, Master vs Epic) that Modifier Icon is for, although not as much of an issue so long as an Ally always does Mods from the SAME pool.

And (that last part of what you copied above) ..
    “New color scheme when selecting them”
    ??? In the Announcement, as well as in game, I did not see any different color scheme.
    I thought that meant each of the Mods would be a *different* color.
    Wonder if it was just the color *across the board* on the selection screen is different that it used to be (NOT that each one would be a different color) ??
  • DukenpukeDukenpuke Member Posts: 658 ★★★
    Yea, if our alliances decide to run different mods from different difficulty pools, then they'll just have to tell me. I won't be that picky to where they need to come up with 20+ distinct icons for the modifiers. It would be nice if each of the 4 within each difficulty pool had distinct icons though. That would make things a lot easier.