**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Extra Nodes in SQ and EQ after the boss.

Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 819 ★★★★
Do these extra nodes not completely negate the bonus attack and block "The Champion" gains for fighting on the final node?

I could be wrong but I'm fairly certain there are other champions who also benefit in some way when attacking/defending a final node. Yes, I gather it may not be a huge benefit, but that's sort of beside the point isn't it? These additional nodes, which effectively serve no purpose other than to allow story narrative, seemingly completely negate the bonus' because the bosses are no longer on the final node.

Or am I completely wrong and the "boss" node has been coded to provide this/these bonuses?

Comments

• Options
    WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,324 ★★★★
    Many Champs do not even have any bonus for being defender or on the final node. Name me more than 5 Champs with that ability please.

So if they have no bonus in their description, why should it matter at all? The fight is the same.
  • Options
    Have you seen that to be the case in such final fight that is prior to the actual last “story node” on that map ? Or just speculating ?

On the right side icon pane, if you click on the icon to take you to the BOSS, does it actually center you in that final boss fight node, or does it center you on that additional “final story node” ? (whether you would even be able to tell the difference ?) but if it does take you there in general, then the last fight itself should still be coded as the Boss of that quest.
  • Options
    WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,324 ★★★★

Have you seen that to be the case in such final fight that is prior to the actual last “story node” on that map ? Or just speculating ?

On the right side icon pane, if you click on the icon to take you to the BOSS, does it actually center you in that final boss fight node, or does it center you on that additional “final story node” ? (whether you would even be able to tell the difference ?) but if it does take you there in general, then the last fight itself should still be coded as the Boss of that quest.

1) He‘s just speculating.
    2) He couldn’t even proof anything this month, because Chee‘ilth has no bonus in her kit for being on the final node.
    3) I bet it‘s coded correctly, the button takes you to the Boss and Objectives for finishing missions - with or without additional rules like 7 for 7 - get completed after beating the Boss, not moving to the real end.

Summary: it’s all fine and this thread is a waste of time
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,221 ★★★★★
    Short answer: it works
    Asked and answered almost an year ago.
  • Options
    WOLF_LINK said:

2) He couldn’t even proof anything this month, because Chee‘ilth has no bonus in her kit for being on the final node.

Summary: it’s all fine and this thread is a waste of time

While the end result may indeed be “working correctly”, it's NOT JUST whom the final defender is (aka Chee'ilth).
    OP point is that “The Champion” has in his own kit a benefit for using them as attacker during “final node” in a quest. So doesn’t matter whom the defender that month is. So YES, it could come into play. Any why OP was wondering.

(thanks @SirGamesBond )
  • Options
    Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 819 ★★★★
    WOLF_LINK said:

Many Champs do not even have any bonus for being defender or on the final node. Name me more than 5 Champs with that ability please.

So if they have no bonus in their description, why should it matter at all? The fight is the same.

That's completely irrelevant. It doesn't matter how many or few champions have this as an aspect of their kit. If the boss node is no longer considered by the game to be a final node, it becomes completely irrelevant.

Speculation, it's why I tried to phrase the end of my post the way I did, I wasn't sure because there are some aspects of champion kits that are supposed to be taken as "literally". We've heard from Kabam many times talk about kits not working as written, etc... it's also a pretty common DnD phrase "rules as intended" vs "rules as written" so I was simply asking for clarification.

As written, the Champion indicates that it must be on the "final node" which the boss is now no longer on.

Thank you, I did try searching for this before I posted, I must have missed it. Do you happen to have a link to that thread? I appreciate the information.
  • Options
    Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Posts: 768 ★★★★
    I hadn’t considered this before. Elsa also gets a boost to her crit damage rating from her sig ability when fighting the “final node”.

It would be very hard to tell if that’s working or not when there is an extra node after the boss. Taken literally as written, every time there’s an extra node added she wouldn’t get this boost. Maybe they should reword her ability to say “when fighting a boss in a quest” or something along those lines. With multiple bosses in the story quests now I think it’s worth clarifying.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,221 ★★★★★
    edited November 2023

Thank you, I did try searching for this before I posted, I must have missed it. Do you happen to have a link to that thread? I appreciate the information.
    Don't have the link, but I remember the question was asked regarding act 7 as all those quests have conclusion node(thats what I call it).

If you need proof:
    Swedeah uses The Champion to solo EQ bosses and many of those EQ had the same extra conclusion node. The Champion get that massive regen on boss node.
    Last video I remember is when he auto fight 8.3 boss.