BG Cheaters

Viper198787Viper198787 Member Posts: 592 ★★★★
edited November 2023 in General Discussion
You know I typically just report cheaters and go on about my day slightly annoyed. I’ve seen an uptick in cheaters this season and I’ve once again just taken it and moved on. But considering how annoying this meta is alongside the increased number of cheaters this season, I feel I have to make a post. I’m tired of constantly losing my resources with absolutely no recourse. Reporting cheaters is all well and fine and maybe they’ll get banned but I still lose resources and points towards my next rank. I made it all the way to quantum this season which I was happy about but that didn’t last long. I just wish Kabam would do something extra to help blunt the sting of modders, like BG packages with elders marks, shuffle signets, and energy or give additional points based on successful reports of modders. Something has to be done.

Comments

• CASrinivasCASrinivas Member Posts: 992 ★★★
    Other than Report, You can't do anything about it...
    So Just Report & Move on!
  • EmomikeEmomike Member Posts: 229 ★★
    Waited 2.5 weeks into season to ban anybody so probably won't see another ban wave this season. I don't see how kabam doesn't realize when you have an infestation in your house you treat the whole house not 1 or 2 rooms.
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Member Posts: 1,540 ★★★★
    Emomike said:

Waited 2.5 weeks into season to ban anybody so probably won't see another ban wave this season. I don't see how kabam doesn't realize when you have an infestation in your house you treat the whole house not 1 or 2 rooms.

Fun fact: the more often a ban wave hits, the better the mod creators get, as they can see what's tripping the alarms. Kabam does long play ban traps, but there's basic elements to how they choose to run this game that will always allow subterfuge and shenanigans. Also, the brighter of the bunch will only bust a mod out every once in a while, so the dataset is muddied and the occasional Reported Cheating Player isn't always conclusive.

At least, that's what my sources say.

Emomike said:

Fun fact: the more often a ban wave hits, the better the mod creators get, as they can see what's tripping the alarms. Kabam does long play ban traps, but there's basic elements to how they choose to run this game that will always allow subterfuge and shenanigans. Also, the brighter of the bunch will only bust a mod out every once in a while, so the dataset is muddied and the occasional Reported Cheating Player isn't always conclusive.

At least, that's what my sources say.
    I think if kabam focused more on catching them cheating in low end story content the average player would have to lose to them over and over again till kabam decides to take action. There's a lot of modders in gc and we are talking about pretty decent size accounts 16-18k prestige.
  • G2DKG2DK Member Posts: 243
    Ran in to a few cheaters in Celestial this past weekend. It is just going to happen and is what it is. Report, move on.
  • BeastDadBeastDad Member Posts: 1,806 ★★★★★
    edited November 2023
    The number of these I have reported is just ridiculous at this point. Sad state these days.
  • BeastDadBeastDad Member Posts: 1,806 ★★★★★
    Crine60 said:

It definitely seems like if they can't manage to keep the mode relatively cheater free then they should be sending out Elder Mark compensation packages regularly given how expensive they made them

100% right here ^^^
  • mgj0630mgj0630 Member Posts: 1,095 ★★★★
    I'll start by giving credit where it's due, and Kabam appears to be doing their best to keep up with the cheaters.

Now that said, I have to believe they have the data to say "Okay, Player X was modding, he's banned." Then go back and look at every person that player fought and refund the energy or elder marks to folks who were effected by (lost to) that cheater.

Implementing that sort of reimbursement is the next logical step, and would go a long way towards dampening the blow to players effected in season.
  • World EaterWorld Eater Member Posts: 3,710 ★★★★★
    How is it that any fight below 20 seconds , between competitive rosters , doesn’t automatically get looked at ?
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,973 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Emomike said:

We ban for cheating in Battlegrounds very frequently. The post about the massive ban wave to was to showcase a massive wave that happened elsewhere. It wasn't in place of BG banning.
    For bans done at or after Season end, do you now adjust final rankings? Or do those places held by ranked cheaters still displace honest players?

Dr. Zola

Now i like playing bg because of the rewards its the ONLY reason i play it but when your loosing matches this quick yes i get its not as quick as some others on this post but for past three seasons its been nothing but pain becsuse of all the cheaters out there ive faced so many chests lost so many countless matches its beyond a joke now something really meeds to be done kabam if your gonna ban people give them a permenet ban because its pointless and making me want to play battlegrounds less and less each day

Fyi that fight you posted is very doable get lucky with rng and its a wrap.
  • RebarkRebark Member Posts: 374 ★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Emomike said:

We ban for cheating in Battlegrounds very frequently. The post about the massive ban wave to was to showcase a massive wave that happened elsewhere. It wasn't in place of BG banning.
    there is a hack on celestial 5 until week 3 and he's not banned yet.