Arena - Newer Players

I have been playing for a couple years. I have reached Cav and slowing working my way to Thronebreaker. I am dolphin at best and currently find it harder and harder to make progress in this game. I use to just watch tv and blast through arena in my spare time. Now I find it impossible to do anything casually in this game. After 6 rounds all my opponents are 7* R1+2 and 6* R5s. Making any runs longer than 15 almost impossible.

I use to get up to 60ish rounds or so before loosing. Now unless i may 100% attention and even then I am getting crushed with my roster. The game is pushing ahead and I respect that but it is leaving new players in the dust. I am not sure this is intended or not.

This is not to mention the new AI changes seem to be brutal. I am getting dropped inputs constantly. Opponents that now start blocking Specials in the middle of specials. Having to tap my special multi times before they activate and AI is now constantly getting perfect blocks and even dexing during mid combo (talking folks like doom not spidy). (Samsung S20 Ultra)

Is this game becoming a only whale game? It feels like you need to have a bunch of 7* now to even play the arena. 1 step forward 3 steps back for anyone new to the game.

Comments

• WinterFieldsWinterFields Member Posts: 778 ★★★★
    What does your roster look like? After enough matches, the fights taper off, so there are strategies as to when you should use your stronger champs compared to your lower champs
  • LeNoirFaineantLeNoirFaineant Member Posts: 8,672 ★★★★★
    If you used to lose at 60 it's because you ran a low team. After round 15 the matches will be forever manageable as long as your team has enough PI
  • _Bluest_Blu__Bluest_Blu_ Member Posts: 32
    edited November 2023

I have been playing for a couple years. I have reached Cav and slowing working my way to Thronebreaker. I am dolphin at best and currently find it harder and harder to make progress in this game. I use to just watch tv and blast through arena in my spare time. Now I find it impossible to do anything casually in this game. After 6 rounds all my opponents are 7* R1+2 and 6* R5s. Making any runs longer than 15 almost impossible.

I use to get up to 60ish rounds or so before loosing. Now unless i may 100% attention and even then I am getting crushed with my roster. The game is pushing ahead and I respect that but it is leaving new players in the dust. I am not sure this is intended or not.

This is not to mention the new AI changes seem to be brutal. I am getting dropped inputs constantly. Opponents that now start blocking Specials in the middle of specials. Having to tap my special multi times before they activate and AI is now constantly getting perfect blocks and even dexing during mid combo (talking folks like doom not spidy). (Samsung S20 Ultra)

Is this game becoming a only whale game? It feels like you need to have a bunch of 7* now to even play the arena. 1 step forward 3 steps back for anyone new to the game.

Im an endgame player but admittedly pretty ass. I can understand and sympathize with your struggle. What exactly is your roster? One tip ill leave you is what I did and still do- EQ. I 100% every single difficulty in the EQ to get the most units and resources I can to push forward. It’s another outlet for units too so you dont have to rely on arenas too much. I did the math but if you do the proven- uncollected difficulties its like 650 units. Just doing that gets you built up- slowly but built up none the less and then I go back and 100 previous story chapters to reap the benefits and again- more units. It also gives you practice with fighting champs with the new ai and theres nowhere near as much pressure