**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Banquet vs Cyber Weekend vs Necropolis 100%

OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
So this is a dilema a lot of people regularly face this time of year who have saved up their units where to spend them with 2 big events coming up and an end game piece of content with rewards that is more than likely better than them. Soon we will see what the unit offers have in place for black friday but we don't know what the banquet offers are going to be like.

Each year I have just thrown most of my units on these sales, I'm always at a similar amount - this year I'm currently just north of 18,000 units. So I can buy most of the packs and I may stretch to pick up an odin worth as well (usually I prefer the smaller cash offers).

We know kabam said some r3 mats are tied to "all the unit offers" but by that I think they mean the buying units for cash and getting bonus goodies offers, not the spending of units. We also only know they are talking about t4a - I assume you'll have to get all the t6cc, t3a and t6b ready to go.

So that brings the Necropolis in to play then as a viable option, 1 clear is a 2>3 gem so instant value or I've got the units to risk and reserve so I can explore and suffer for the 2nd but then probably miss out on all the offers from the horrid taste in my mouth fighting that grandmaster over and over again. For the record this is my least favoured option as I do enjoy an easier ride.

The last option is to gamble it all into the banquet, should be able to get to somewhere over 20k units by then. This will have a chance at giving me some good rank up goodies but we have no idea if t6a will be in there and at what qty but it should also buy me a good way up to the target the top 5000 spot which wasn't too bad last year:

So what would you do?

Banquet vs Cyber Weekend vs Necropolis 100% 129 votes

Banquet
43%
Spity68TerraDarkrider05CassyGarloyuwSoSA__Remaket123459AmaadAkiraUsagicassidyTrickiterLight_Stormcaptain_rogersCytaItsClobberinTimeDisthene_TKirito_kunTheSaithAomine_Daiki10Deamon1337 56 votes
Cyber Weekend
27%
nelly22Kenneth1978G-Hun-GearLongshot_33Dtl771410or_StrongJustcause102Iamant1TripleBAnnihilator13_jcphillips7KeniutekBen_15455Xguard77DawsManAlmccarthyIoniqus_797ElwindSirGamesBondDeepworld 35 votes
Ride or die in necropolis
29%
MasterSmokeCrys23LuciusVorenusVegeta9001akanakanhydrogohardNemesis666Diablo_HellFireMalreck04Gulfstream550GhostboytjiedzikidzikRockyshockyPikoluBugmat78HungaryHippoAmpx115BeastDadCaptainDenversLpoo 38 votes

Comments

• Options
    Romain1989Romain1989 Posts: 2
    Banquet
    Banquet, last season I had taken offers at the cyber and I had regretted with 9000u, here I have 20k and I do not intend to take offers at the cyber and for the necropolis, I will make a passage the time to have resuscitations and I stay there until January 15 to hope to finish my passage
  • Options
    GalactikDonutGalactikDonut Posts: 339 ★★★
    Cyber Weekend
    didn’t they say the only places to get a rank 3 seven star would be necro and cyber weekend deals and then the next would be from act 8 exploration? so none in banquet rewards?
  • Options

didn’t they say the only places to get a rank 3 seven star would be necro and cyber weekend deals and then the next would be from act 8 exploration? so none in banquet rewards?

The most common r3s will be from those places. They said there will be other sources, but most people would get them from necropolis, cyber weekend, and act 8. I'm almost willing to bet banquet crystals will have a rare chance of some t4a, so whales will probably get more that way.
  • Options
    JessieSJessieS Posts: 1,392 ★★★★
    Don’t know if I would even bother unless the cyber deals are way better then they were . At this point resource wise it seems far far better to invest in battlegrounds
  • Options
    GalactikDonutGalactikDonut Posts: 339 ★★★
    Cyber Weekend
    JessieS said:

Don’t know if I would even bother unless the cyber deals are way better then they were . At this point resource wise it seems far far better to invest in battlegrounds

there’s a guaranteed r3 seven star so if you want valiant before the christmas gift it’s that or necro 100%. unless pikolu is right and you really want to get 3 t4a’s out of banquet crystals
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,221 ★★★★★
    Cyber Weekend
    Guaranteed value from a limited time event.
  • Options
    Doctorwho13Doctorwho13 Posts: 594 ★★★
    edited November 2023

Guaranteed value from a limited time event.

I can only speak for myself but banquet crystals morphed from the gifting crystals (or whatever they were called before; can’t remember); I always got more value of out those than any of the sales. Of course other things come into play like RNG. Also, if I recall, banquets weren’t necessarily tied to progression (which I could be miss -remembering) so if you’re thronebreaker banquets may be better than progression tied cyber sales
  • Options
    ArmageddønArmageddøn Posts: 634 ★★★
    Cyber Weekend
    Lower progression players will probably get more value of their units from Banquet event. If there is a 7* r3 in cyber then that's a great value for paragons. That along with necro completion can make you Valiant lol
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,482 ★★★★
    I haven't seen anyone mention this, but jaxs guest when talking about getting valiant says something like "well actually you can get a little more than enough for 1 r3 if you get the deal on the website too" which leads me to believe there is no r3 gem and you will need to acquire the t4 alpha from the cash offers and probably some from the unit packages. But definitly plan on getting at least the max number of odins.
  • Options
    gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★

I haven't seen anyone mention this, but jaxs guest when talking about getting valiant says something like "well actually you can get a little more than enough for 1 r3 if you get the deal on the website too" which leads me to believe there is no r3 gem and you will need to acquire the t4 alpha from the cash offers and probably some from the unit packages. But definitly plan on getting at least the max number of odins.

you would need to buy cash and units offers to get r3 mats
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,482 ★★★★
    gohard123 said:

you would need to buy cash and units offers to get r3 mats
    That's literally what i said
  • Options
    DawsManDawsMan Posts: 2,160 ★★★★★
    Cyber Weekend
    If you want valiant offers for cyber weekend and potentially some valiant shenanagins during banquet event, do necro. You certainly won't use all 18000 units and as long as you play safe and don't get tilted you may come out of there without a huge hole in your pocket.

If you don't care about valiant, I would spend units on cyber weekend and instead of picking up an odin of units on that weekend, save that money for banquet. You'll have to find a balance between picking up nice guarenteed rewards on cyber and potentially hitting some crazy solo milestones for banquet.
  • Options
    OdachiOdachi Posts: 1,069 ★★★★
    It's good to think out loud, I may find time in the week to have a go into the necro with an r4 aegon and big boosts. I've got a healthy stash of pots and revives, 750 4hour paragon crystals and even some love juice.
    I'm not actively looking to get Valiant from the units my account is already pretty stacked with 18k+ prestige and 21 7*s it almost seems a waste to not put all those to work.
  • Options
    SammyDeSammyDe Posts: 902 ★★★
    Cyber Weekend
    The whales and top players can get their Valiant deals for their hard work and contributions to the game. For me, being a very average Paragon who spend only a little here and there, I will just use the units I saved up to see what I can get out of CW. Going to be away for the banquet event, so it makes my decision much easier.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,328 ★★★★★
    Banquet
    Cyber deals are mostly solo 😞
    Banquet with clan memebers 😀 plus it will be holidays so wife/gf won't shout that much when you swipe your credit card 🥰
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    Precedent tells us that cyber weekend and july 4th deals were almost never worth it for the lower progression tiers, hence the incentive to have people double dip on all paragon deals just to access Valiant
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,835 ★★★★★
    Yamaraja said:

Necropolis isn’t going anywhere. And doesn’t banquet kinda fund itself?

But exploring can lead to better unit deals in Valiant, In my honest opinion, it isnt worth dropping units for Paragon offers when those same units could have gotten you drastically better rewards as Valiant. So at that point just save units for next July 4 when you are Valiant (or even next Cyber Monday since that’s usually better than July 4)
  • Options
    MasterSmokeMasterSmoke Posts: 548 ★★★
    For Maestro alone is a reason to get in Necro & knock that thang out