**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

necro plan

SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★
Just pulled 7* shuri and took her immediately to r2 for necro as my first r2. I also have an ascended r5 kate, and am planning to r4/5 Aegon for completion and exploration in the future.

What would be the easiest path for me to take? Also any team suggestions? My thoughts for my team is aegon, shuri, kate, chavez (only as synergy cuz i don't have the 6/7*) and juggs for the reverse controls. Do I need to swap anyone with proximal for the synergy? How important is it?

Comments

• Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,994 ★★★★★
    I'd look at either the Mr. Fantastic path or the Titania path and choose whichever one you think would annoy you less. Definitely gotta watch out for airwalker though since you arent bringing any power control. If you die twice that fight will become hell for you. The proximal synergy for Aegon is a nice cushion to have but if you're confident you can ramp your combo up without wasting a lot of items then you don't need it. As soon as Aegon hits 999 it's useless
  • Options
    ahmynuts said:

Definitely gotta watch out for airwalker though since you arent bringing any power control.

With the titania path, they have plenty of power control with Chavez.

Even then, took only 7 revives with Chavez for me to beat him on the Mr Fantastic path.

https://youtu.be/cMLjc7oatZU?si=rI1vHwp-PcZpuUUN
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

ahmynuts said:

Definitely gotta watch out for airwalker though since you arent bringing any power control.

Even then, took only 7 revives with Chavez for me to beat him on the Mr Fantastic path.

Their Chavez is not a 6 or 7 star though
  • Options
    ahmynuts said:

Pikolu said:

ahmynuts said:

Their Chavez is not a 6 or 7 star though
    Fair, then they get 2 tries with Ægon or they'll have a bad time 🤣
  • Options
    Good to know, so my team will be juggs, chavez, kate, aegon, and shuri. What are my options if I don't have Chavez? And if I don't want to take anyone out of that team, can I just brute force it with Aegon?
  • Options
    edited November 2023

Good to know, so my team will be juggs, chavez, kate, aegon, and shuri. What are my options if I don't have Chavez? And if I don't want to take anyone out of that team, can I just brute force it with Aegon?

You can brute force it with Aegon but if you die twice be prepared to be nuked with specials every time you go in after. I think Vega hs a video of this happening to him while he was using Zemo lol.
    I used doom on my run. I was gonna use my Chavez instead but my team was scuffed because i was just messing around in there and ended up soloing Mr.F and Namor and getting Attuma down 50% in one try so i committed with my wack team
  • Options
    ahmynuts said:

You can brute force it with Aegon but if you die twice be prepared to be nuked with specials every time you go in after. I think Vega hs a video of this happening to him while he was using Zemo lol.
    I used doom on my run. I was gonna use my Chavez instead but my team was scuffed because i was just messing around in there and ended up soloing Mr.F and Namor and getting Attuma down 50% in one try so i committed with my wack team
    Ok sick, doom it is unless I wanna just go in with Aegon. Who do I replace him with tho juggs?
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 1,822 ★★★★★
    I’ve been posting about Kate vs AW a lot, but if you’re comfortable with Kate, she can take him, no power control needed. If you’re more comfortable with doom or someone else, go for him.

• Options
    Emilia90 said:

I’ve been posting about Kate vs AW a lot, but if you’re comfortable with Kate, she can take him, no power control needed. If you’re more comfortable with doom or someone else, go for him.

Im pretty comfortable, but I just need to not die twice right? If I do am I just f'd?
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,039 ★★★
    So is this why Air Walker was such a damn nightmare for me, cause I died twice? I'd always back out if he got his galactus buff, but I def just got KO'ed a few times, or died to the Dark Tide. I got through it, but at that point Kate, Chavez, and Wiccan weren't really doing anything for me. Fight probably cost me about 20-25 revives.
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 1,822 ★★★★★

Emilia90 said:

Im pretty comfortable, but I just need to not die twice right? If I do am I just f'd?
    It’ll be a huge unit sink if you die twice, yes. I’d recommend healing to full and force quitting if you mess up lol
  • Options

So is this why Air Walker was such a damn nightmare for me, cause I died twice? I'd always back out if he got his galactus buff, but I def just got KO'ed a few times, or died to the Dark Tide. I got through it, but at that point Kate, Chavez, and Wiccan weren't really doing anything for me. Fight probably cost me about 20-25 revives.

Yeah if you die twice he gets his herald buff and it becomes a nightmare if you cant power control him if that happens
  • Options

You can avoid dark tide by blocking the last hit of the special or using an armor break immune
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,039 ★★★
    edited November 2023
    Pikolu said:

You can avoid dark tide by blocking the last hit of the special or using an armor break immune
    Ahh, yea I was fully backing up from his sp2 and when I'd go in to punish it, I'd automatically get like 4 dark tide debuffs on me. I'm not sure which one it exactly was, but Chavez (I only recall her getting it) got a dark tide passive (?) and that thing melted me quick. I ended up just brute forcing with Chavez and Odin along with 3 Coldsnaps from Kate

It wasn't the prettiest fight, and the one I ended on before going to bed last night, so I was in a rush to just get it done with so I could sleep.
  • Options

Pikolu said:

Ahh, yea I was fully backing up from his sp2 and when I'd go in to punish it, I'd automatically get like 4 dark tide debuffs on me. I'm not sure which one it exactly was, but Chavez (I only recall her getting it) got a dark tide passive (?) and that thing melted me quick. I ended up just brute forcing with Chavez and Odin along with 3 Coldsnaps from Kate

It wasn't the prettiest fight, and the one I ended on before going to bed last night, so I was in a rush to just get it done with so I could sleep.
    If you get a certain number of dark tide debuffs on you (i don't remember how any) it'll put a passive on you that lasts for a couple fights iirc
  • Options
    damn air walking seems like a pain. But I think Im just going to go in with kate and keep restarting if I mess up. If I really do mess up and he dies twice, would the best option be aegon? How much can he chip down with him being a herald?
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,319 ★★★★★

damn air walking seems like a pain. But I think Im just going to go in with kate and keep restarting if I mess up. If I really do mess up and he dies twice, would the best option be aegon? How much can he chip down with him being a herald?

I haven't done Necro yet cause I'm still working on my Zemo but a buddy of mine in my alliance got stuck on that fight with a r4 Ægon. He got him down to 30% in two tries, he had to use five 40% single revives to finish him off cause the power gain was just absolutely ridiculous, he was getting one bar after every combo basically. So if I were you, I wouldn't even consider using revives as an option cause you're really not going to have a good time if he gets to three persistent charges no matter how ramped Ægon is and how many synergies you have.
  • Options
    OmedennOmedenn Posts: 867 ★★★
    If you are going to Aegon your way through content I would take Heimdall with you as well!

Saved me quite some revives to be honest
  • Options
    OGAvengerOGAvenger Posts: 1,112 ★★★★★
    edited November 2023
    I died more than twice with Aegon on air walker and didn’t really notice a difference. You’re brute forcing your way through him regardless. But you won’t be completely f’ed if you die more than twice
  • Options
    Viper198787Viper198787 Posts: 461 ★★★
    One thing I haven’t seen anyone suggest is taking in a reverse controls immune champ like Wiccan or Juggs for Grandmaster boss. While the paths are important and you want to have counters, the Grandmaster boss (specifically phase 4) is a nightmare without a reverse controls immune champ. I’m speaking from experience.
  • Options

One thing I haven’t seen anyone suggest is taking in a reverse controls immune champ like Wiccan or Juggs for Grandmaster boss. While the paths are important and you want to have counters, the Grandmaster boss (specifically phase 4) is a nightmare without a reverse controls immune champ. I’m speaking from experience.

I already put him in my initial posts team, but thanks for the tip anyway