**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Has torch fallen off?

With the addition of science champs like og hulk, titania, scorpion, qs, cassie, silk, science class is obv very stacked.

Is torch still relevant in the game anymore? Do people still use him now that theres so many other, arguably more versatile champs with better dmg output?

Comments

• Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,539 ★★★★★
    Lovejoy72 said:

He is one of my most banned champs in BG, if that gives any indication. He still melts mystics quite effectively

I think that’s true in war as well, and arguably why he doesn’t enter into conversation as much. Frankly, everywhere that’s super relevant, you can’t use him (no one will let you).
    Agree. There’s a reason he’s on the blacklist on one of the AW maps this season.
  • Options
    peixemacacopeixemacaco Posts: 1,665 ★★★
    Best counter to Spidey Supreme.
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,585 ★★★★★
    Absolutely not
  • Options
    MaratoxMaratox Posts: 1,552 ★★★★★

• Options
    CASrinivasCASrinivas Posts: 992 ★★★
    Seriously?!
    That dude literally burns a Whole Class (Except Kushala)
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,684 ★★★★★
    I ban him every time.

Because I don't have him and I love my mystic defense.
  • Options
    Jack2634Jack2634 Posts: 863 ★★★
    maybe a bit since aw and previous season was decay meta. I will still have him in my deck in season 13 BGs though , some matches he will melt enemy mystic defender even faster than titania
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,384 ★★★★★

I ban him every time.

Because I don't have him and I love my mystic defense.

It used to be him and AA automatically for me, but I freed up space by using Bleed and/or Poison Immune. Sometimes I wish we had more Bans. Lol
  • Options
    PriyabrataPriyabrata Posts: 1,139 ★★★★
    Yezzs said:

With the addition of science champs like og hulk, titania, scorpion, qs, cassie, silk, science class is obv very stacked.

Is torch still relevant in the game anymore? Do people still use him now that theres so many other, arguably more versatile champs with better dmg output?

Absolutely not that is is an absolute cheat for any mystic and energy damage matchup unless the opponent has like crazy high energy resistance or some node like Like Energy Diet that shut shuts down his damage completely
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,224 ★★★★
    edited November 2023
    I think it's the facade due to him being banned everywhere. And if you've finished story content, you have nowhere to use him other than arena, so it appears as if he's been forgotten in a sense.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,720 ★★★★★

Seriously?!
    That dude literally burns a Whole Class (Except Kushala)

Why?kushala immune to nova flames?
  • Options
    WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,366 ★★★★
    No, he works for EQ Kushala. Just don’t hit her Block, that’s bad somehow.
  • Options
    spiderknight616spiderknight616 Posts: 467 ★★★
    Ik people are mentioning mystic and energy champions but with nova flames on he melts pretty much anyone so he's super useful in BGs
  • Options
    A_FungiA_Fungi Posts: 993 ★★★★
    As many others have mentioned, I think this is a perception because of the AW and BG nodes that he isn't included on (because he would be OP then)

I intentionally keep him out of my BG deck so he is an instant ban for me, I just can't usually kill people as quickly as others do, and I do have a lot of mystic defenders
  • Options
    GarloGarlo Posts: 216 ★★

Best counter to Spidey Supreme.

*Photon enters the room.*
  • Options
    ChrisPowellChrisPowell Posts: 129
    He still does what he does. He's just not the only one that does it anymore
  • Options
    AddictorAddictor Posts: 420 ★★★
    Kabam is hiding 2–3 top champs in each class as 7 stars. HT is one of them.