**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Let's Talk Arena

A_FungiA_Fungi Posts: 992 ★★★★
I will start by saying, I know arena isn't for everyone. But for many of F2P players, it is how we stock up on units, gold, iso and crystal shards to stay somewhat competitive.

I am not a person who grinds for champs, I just do milestones.

Here are my main inputs:

1) The T4B, T1a and the other catalyst clash like arena are laughably outdated. They are still giving out T4b, T1a and what basically comes down to ISO. These arenas cost 1k a fight for some reason still. Why are these still the only accessible catalyst arenas? We are up to T6b, T4a and there is no real point of the 3rd arena in today's game economy.

2) Why is the basic arena based on 6 star stats? I know I can use 6 stars, but I am given less points compared to the featured arena. I shouldn't get a "death match" on my 11th fight if I am using a maxed 5 star.

3) Why can we still not get any 7 star shards in arena? They have been around for a minute and many of us have multiple teams of 7s at this point that we could run a separate arena.

4) 4.4 million points with 3 and 4 stars is outrageous. (personal opinion)

5) Getting Uncollected crystals feels like an insult at this point. I would rather have T3CC to blow ISO on 4 stars.

Arenas have become more efficient for most of us these days. Which is fantastic. With that said, I understand that the problem might be access to "too many units" similar to the reasoning behind no units in Cav+ EQ. If that's the case, please update arenas to catch up. Allow us to pick which arenas to go in if there is "too much free stuff."

Maybe I am crazy, but it feels very dated. Maybe it is intentional to keep people salty against arena so they don't get all the stuff that is in there. The world may never know.

Comments

• Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,209 ★★★★
    We could say maybe easily half of the game is outdated, so... yeah, you are right
  • Options
    PandingoPandingo Posts: 720 ★★★
    edited November 2023
    Ya. I agree. I saw the milestones for 3 and 4 stars and I'm like. who is getting this???? Anyway. I also think it's high time we add an auto ask for help. Instead of hitting 100+ lil plus signs
  • Options
    WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 681 ★★★★
    I definitely agree with you on those points. There are two additional things that need updating as well.
    1. Sunday arena also needs the update. It's not really worth my time doing as it is now, so it at least gives me one day where I'm not doing arena. Though it's annoying when the arena 22-hour objective falls on Sunday
    2. The help system really needs more work or to just go away completely
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,979 ★★★★★
    Pandingo said:

Ya. I agree. I saw the milestones for 3 and 4 stars and I'm like. who is getting this???? Anyway. I also think it's high time we add an auto ask for help. Instead of hitting 100+ lil plus signs

Auto help broke the game when it was attempted. Don’t think it’ll be re-looked at.
  • Options
    startropicsstartropics Posts: 557 ★★★★
    generally agree that they need updates.

not a fan of updating the t4b/t4c/t1a arenas because:

a. they add more workload. give us anything but more work...
    b. it's probably easier for the devs and better for player retention to overhaul major game modes like AQ, AW, BGs, and put any buffs there than update smaller stuff like the t4b arena
  • Options
    A_Fungi said:

I will start by saying, I know arena isn't for everyone. But for many of F2P players, it is how we stock up on units, gold, iso and crystal shards to stay somewhat competitive.

I am not a person who grinds for champs, I just do milestones.

Here are my main inputs:

1) The T4B, T1a and the other catalyst clash like arena are laughably outdated. They are still giving out T4b, T1a and what basically comes down to ISO. These arenas cost 1k a fight for some reason still. Why are these still the only accessible catalyst arenas? We are up to T6b, T4a and there is no real point of the 3rd arena in today's game economy.

2) Why is the basic arena based on 6 star stats? I know I can use 6 stars, but I am given less points compared to the featured arena. I shouldn't get a "death match" on my 11th fight if I am using a maxed 5 star.

3) Why can we still not get any 7 star shards in arena? They have been around for a minute and many of us have multiple teams of 7s at this point that we could run a separate arena.

4) 4.4 million points with 3 and 4 stars is outrageous. (personal opinion)

5) Getting Uncollected crystals feels like an insult at this point. I would rather have T3CC to blow ISO on 4 stars.

1. Yeah, probably, but there are still lots of players that need that stuff. As fast as progression is nowadays, people don't just join the game and become Cavalier players on day 1. Sometimes stuff is just there for other players, and we should just leave it for them when we have plenty enough to do elsewhere.

2. Both the featured and basic arenas allow players to bring 6* champs, so that's the opponents we get. The arenas were designed to make our opponents chosen from the champs that other players bring, intentionally so that players never completely "outleveled" them. Why you get deathmatches is a separate involved discussion, but the short answer is the arenas don't have a "deathmatch" switch the developers can turn off. In fact, deathmatches are actually when the arena works correctly: when we get to infinite streak and we no longer get difficult matches that is actually a breakage in the arenas that has existed since the beginning of the arenas. That makes this extremely tricky to fix, and the last time the devs tried to fix this they ended up with a situation many players found much worse: no more 4x opponents, but "infinite streak" started to become long streaks of 2x opponents. It is better the way it is now.

3. You're probably not going to see a specific 7* arena for a while. 7s haven't even been out a year yet.

4. There was a lot of internal discussion when the arenas were revamped revolving around whether the arenas gave out too much units. A couple of us worked directly with the devs to try to balance those numbers around effort that would be seen as reasonable given the amount of units awarded. The numbers you see are hard-fought for compromises. You're extremely unlikely to ever see higher units/effort ratios than that.

5. Uncollected gold crystals, both in the arena and elsewhere, are actually a pretty significant, and for many players untapped source of gold. Improving the gold return in the arena, if I recall correctly, was one of the goals, because lots of players complain about gold shortages, but far fewer complain about T3C shortages (although they did tackle that one also eventually).
  • Options
    RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,457 ★★★★
    Arena milestones need a massive update
  • Options
    gohard123gohard123 Posts: 999 ★★★
    edited December 2023
    DNA3000 said:

A_Fungi said:

3. You're probably not going to see a specific 7* arena for a while. 7s haven't even been out a year yet.
    He said shards
  • Options
    Ben5757Ben5757 Posts: 18
    i currently do all 3 main arenas twice a week, every week. i do the max that you get rewards for… or 4.4 mil, 12 mil, 4 mil and hoard the battle chips. i just cashed in 6 million for 8,000 units. yes i have too much time on my hands