**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Crush Tactic and it's counterpart Sturdy

KnightZeroKnightZero Posts: 1,416 ★★★★★
Just wanted to ask what the general populace thinks about these tactics. I know it's not tested on, but to me, they seem kinda bs.

Crush: You're basically rooted every special. Also 90% of the specials will be unblockable, since we all know that 20% chance per charge usually is higher.

At the same time, Sturdy makes you put a taunt on them that lasts only for 6 seconds which is gotten only by intercepting or hitting when they dash back. You then get a steadfast charge that lasts for 10 seconds after you reduce their power to zero which happens if they throw the special when taunted.
So basically, the sequence of events goes like:
Intercept to put a taunt---> Hope they throw the special in the 6 seconds that it lasts---> Get rooted and possibly have to evade an unblockable special when rooted(unless using a couple champs that can block it)--->Get a steadfast passive to block the next unblockable special, but only if that is thrown in the next 10 seconds.

I mean at least to me, this doesn't make too much sense. Something really needs to change in my opinion. There is a chance that I may change my thoughts after testing it out, but if the sequence I'm posting is as it is, then I don't think that this tactic is going to be any fun.

Comments

• Options
    Also, just faced it today. Man the block damage is absolutely ridiculous. They need to scale it down or each fight is going to be a potion sink.
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,141 ★★★★★

Just wanted to ask what the general populace thinks about these tactics. I know it's not tested on, but to me, they seem kinda bs.

Crush: You're basically rooted every special. Also 90% of the specials will be unblockable, since we all know that 20% chance per charge usually is higher.

At the same time, Sturdy makes you put a taunt on them that lasts only for 6 seconds which is gotten only by intercepting or hitting when they dash back. You then get a steadfast charge that lasts for 10 seconds after you reduce their power to zero which happens if they throw the special when taunted.
    So basically, the sequence of events goes like:
    Intercept to put a taunt---> Hope they throw the special in the 6 seconds that it lasts---> Get rooted and possibly have to evade an unblockable special when rooted(unless using a couple champs that can block it)--->Get a steadfast passive to block the next unblockable special, but only if that is thrown in the next 10 seconds.

I mean at least to me, this doesn't make too much sense. Something really needs to change in my opinion. There is a chance that I may change my thoughts after testing it out, but if the sequence I'm posting is as it is, then I don't think that this tactic is going to be any fun.

It's bs, especially with the Ai they acknowledge is basically gone rogue. Absolute bs combination of attack and defene tactics.
  • Options
    Ming_Mow129Ming_Mow129 Posts: 53
    That's typical kabams money hungry attitude towards the community. Make a meta where they can empty your pockets and overflow resources. Anything to make them more money. Kabam is the Grinch and there stealing Christmas
  • Options
    FunnyDudeFunnyDude Posts: 463 ★★★
    The community complained for two weeks already, the only answer from Kabam is "slightly difficult tactics make them happy", I don't know what to say.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Worst tactic I've faced. Literal trash.
    Block damage is ridiculous, I'm losing 30%+ on a blocked special with the steadfast buff vs QS.
    At the same time, attacker tactic is one of the worst. The taunt is a waste since half the time, the defender just waits it out and the steadfast does nothing to mitigate the damage from the specials. Unless you're a pro at dexing all specials when rooted, have only few options.
    1) Try to get the taunt and hope they throw it, but have to keep healing and spending loyalty or units.
    2) Try and nuke it out, which makes no sense in giving an attacker tactic itself.
    3) Just 40% revive every war.

Kabam give no **** about the player base if they feel this tactic is worth continuing.
  • Options
    Sauron sp2 hit my block while I was having 6 daunted on me, instant death :D
  • Options
    CdjcdkjCdjcdkj Posts: 65
    The tactic for attack should let you remove daunted effects from you for intercepting than this defense tactic would be much better to deal right now its useless dex or its death
  • Options
    Ming_Mow129Ming_Mow129 Posts: 53
    I absolutely agree they should allow the attacker tactic to be able to remove the daunted effects on landed intercepts bc otherwise it's useless. They way it's set up is purely to have you spend on pots and revives which is just wrong if you ask me. Stop being greedy kabam jeesh!!!
  • Options
    Perfect_jabPerfect_jab Posts: 73
    Kabam sucks at making war tactics. Really hoping this one doesnt find its way into BGs. I already see that coming. Will be season i sit it out. Use to enjoy doing wars, but this...this is just annoying. Dont even want to do war now.
  • Options
    Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    Guys Kabam already said the development team is happy with the tactic and how it’s performing and that’s all that matters, it’s not about what the player base thinks or feels about it 😂
  • Options
    MordMord Posts: 114 ★★
    Well as long as the dev team is happy…
    My ally is not even trying anymore and the hardcore war lovers in my BG are asking to be backup. Absolute win I guess.
  • Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,836 ★★★★★
    Mord said:

My ally is not even trying anymore and the hardcore war lovers in my BG are asking to be backup. Absolute win I guess.

How is your user name in forums allowed? It’s a German word for … unalive somebody
  • Options
    MordMord Posts: 114 ★★

Mord said:

How is your user name in forums allowed? It’s a German word for … unalive somebody
    I had no idea, this nick is a shorthand for my ingame nick, that most of my ally use.

Also, we have slayers of gods here, demons something people and other nicks that are not frown upon. Guess it’s ok.
  • Options
    Mord said:

Mord said:

I had no idea, this nick is a shorthand for my ingame nick, that most of my ally use.

Also, we have slayers of gods here, demons something people and other nicks that are not frown upon. Guess it’s ok.
    Yep seems to be ok weird
  • Options
    xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,149 ★★★★★

Mord said:

Mord said:

Yep seems to be ok weird
    Weird this is not the German forum....
  • Options
    xLunatiXx said:

Mord said:

Mord said:

Yep seems to be ok weird
    Weird this is not the German forum....
    Hey hey I know that. It was just something which jumped in my face directly. We can let it rest now 😅
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,141 ★★★★★
    Manup456 said:

Guys Kabam already said the development team is happy with the tactic and how it’s performing and that’s all that matters, it’s not about what the player base thinks or feels about it 😂

Development team aka Profit Margins team going by this AW season.
  • Options
    Tactic is truly sucking the fun out of war. Whoever made this tactic at Kabam really doesn't know the general level of gameplay or spending in war. Or they do and just want to milk out more money from the player.
    Truly a tone deaf move to sit there and see alliances just doing 40% revives, dying 100+ times in Tier 2 and then saying that they're Happ with the tactic.
    One of the worst tactics in a long time and disappointing to see that Kabam doesn't care about how war goes on.