**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Has the Banquet had its moment?

DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
I can’t help but feel a lot of the rewards are lacklustre this year for The Banquet.

Hopefully this stays constructive, I’m not saying it’s all terrible, it just seems compared to previous years, although there are now things like relics & 7*, the overall it just seems it’s gone downhill

The Banquet is the most sought after event I would say, we wait all year; it ties in the celebration of the anniversary, and it seems to have come with a bit of a whimper instead of a bang.

I appreciate things can be obtained for spending nothing, calendars and gifts will arrive, just my opinion, it’s way to late for any changes to be made; but either way keep it constructive if you agree or disagree.

Comments

• Options
    UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,052 ★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

All im gonna say is im happy i spent units on what i wanted to pick up on cyber weekend because i would have been REALLY upset had i been hoarding for this

It's me, hi, I'm really upset - it's me.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,996 ★★★★★

ahmynuts said:

All im gonna say is im happy i spent units on what i wanted to pick up on cyber weekend because i would have been REALLY upset had i been hoarding for this

It's me, hi, I'm really upset - it's me.

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★
    No one else remembers how everyone said R2 7* resources were coming too fast last year?
  • Options
    EmomikeEmomike Posts: 200 ★★
    This honestly feels like fallout from 4th of July when kabam faced backlash from the deals. So they have tuned everything back and noq the same people that were complaining about the 4th being to game breaking are now complaining about the deals being underwhelming.
  • Options
    Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 807 ★★★★
    edited December 2023
    Emomike said:

This honestly feels like fallout from 4th of July when kabam faced backlash from the deals. So they have tuned everything back and noq the same people that were complaining about the 4th being to game breaking are now complaining about the deals being underwhelming.

Are they the same people? Cause what I see are people who are set with big accounts are happy that the unit grinding event low spenders /FTP players save for got nerfed back to 2022.
  • Options
    Giantwalrus56Giantwalrus56 Posts: 634 ★★★
    edited December 2023
    Emomike said:

Totally agree. Personally, I think they jumped the progression gun, so to speak, so they've "forced" themselves to slow things down. I was one who's account definitely grew on July 4th & was hoping during CW & Banquet, I would of seen the same growth. Am I upset, not really. Kind of bummed, maybe slightly. Surprised by these rewards, no. Something had to give
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,042 ★★★
    edited December 2023
    For me, Banquet was always one of those events that's cool to all participate in as an alliance, but is heavily RNG based. Sometimes you strike out, and sometimes you can hit it big. The issue I'm seeing this year is that even if I 'strike it big', there's not much that would change my account. The 7* gifted guardian crystal is about it outside of Kang or Thanos, but really, who's going to be using those 2 guys?

There's not enough 7* or Titan shards given out (in giant chunks) for me to be swayed to spend more than what I normally would, which are the $50/10 GBC bundles they offer, and whatever units I currently have on me.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,341 ★★★★★
    Emomike said:

July, August, September, October, November, 20th December.
    So 6 months have passed in between both deals but why is it that Banquet rewards are not even half of what July 4 was? Hell they feel like ¼th.
  • Options
    Tony_5tankTony_5tank Posts: 107
    I have to admit I expected a little more. We don’t need 3 T5B drops. That’s silly. But then I remember 300 unit paragon crystals are a thing. C’est la vie
  • Options
    FreakydFreakyd Posts: 203
    I will probably just keep saving units, I don't get many but tried to have a a few thousand for this event. To me 300units for the rewards in the GBC just isn't worth it and I'd honestly be happy if I could sell those items from my stash for 300units
  • Options
    Milan1405Milan1405 Posts: 952 ★★★★
    Personally, I don't know how to feel about this (I'm valiant btw). On one hand, the rewards seem a bit lacklustre and tbh I would even go as far as to say meaningless for my account. But on the other hand I actually don't really mind it too much. I'll just spend enough for my deathless guillotine piece (even though she seems a bit ****) and go on with my day, without having to whale out.
  • Options
    What I have never liked about Banquet is still there though, and that's the RNG factor. It's always disheartening to open 10-20 banquet crystals and get nothing of value and then see alliance mates, or youtubers get insane stuff. I've always been a big proponent of having better rewards in milestones than crystals so players don't feel hard done by, but it seems this year the only worthwhile rewards for most will involve getting lucky out of a crystal.
  • Options
    Milan1405 said:

Personally, I don't know how to feel about this (I'm valiant btw). On one hand, the rewards seem a bit lacklustre and tbh I would even go as far as to say meaningless for my account. But on the other hand I actually don't really mind it too much. I'll just spend enough for my deathless guillotine piece (even though she seems a bit ****) and go on with my day, without having to whale out.

This event is great if you don’t have a bunch of units or spent a big chunk on cyber week. Why? Because you aren’t missing a thing.

Those that have been saving for months,
    grinding arena milestone, side quest units, 22 event units, etc. because they enjoy this event (like me) aren’t happy about it.
  • Options

Milan1405 said:

This event is great if you don’t have a bunch of units or spent a big chunk on cyber week. Why? Because you aren’t missing a thing.

grinding arena milestone, side quest units, 22 event units, etc. because they enjoy this event (like me) aren’t happy about it.
    Yeah I spent all my units getting cyber weekend deals and exploring necro. If you haven't done necro, I recommend you do so as the necro rewards + valiant title is worth a whole lot more than banquet.
  • Options
    Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

Yeah I spent all my units getting cyber weekend deals and exploring necro. If you haven't done necro, I recommend you do so as the necro rewards + valiant title is worth a whole lot more than banquet.
    I did the completion run of necro. I don’t have a 7 star shuri, can’t take aegon to R5, and am not skilled enough with R4 Kate. I don’t have the units to explore it.
  • Options

Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

I did the completion run of necro. I don’t have a 7 star shuri, can’t take aegon to R5, and am not skilled enough with R4 Kate. I don’t have the units to explore it.
    I know how you feel. I had to r5 and ascend my 6 star shuri. Still dont have her as a 7 star tho, maybe she's my white whale.