**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Another Luke Cage rework VS Sentry

I can’t believe this is even a thing.

Comments

• Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 1,949 ★★★★
    Not sure what they are planning with Luke.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,333 ★★★★★
    Some Hulk like buff will be nice, not game breaking but good stuff.
  • Options
    MasterSmokeMasterSmoke Posts: 548 ★★★
    I wonder if who designed the champ matters in deciding on which old champ gets a buff/rework.
  • Options
    WholyBatmanWholyBatman Posts: 4
    It's been said before that Sentry's kit is not very easy to buff, but would need to be almost complete rework.
    By that logic, I'm hoping that Luke gets a quick, simple and powerful buff.
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★
    Luke has shown in many metas that he just needs more reliable debuff access to be relevant, so to me it makes sense as a moderate buff.

Sentry probably needs the OG Man treatment
  • Options
    Jack2634Jack2634 Posts: 743 ★★★
    edited December 2023
    imo , luke just need a slight buff in exhaustion percentage chance to trigger per hit , and maybe a 100% chance to stun from sp1 (55% + 15% for each debuffs ) and he will be much better (the chance should still be lower than what champion synergy offers of course , otherwise he'd be really OP). About sentry...god , this man is full of dust and spidey web already . He needs a full rework , without synergies he really lack damage , and while his indestructible is cool , that is just way too little utility for a science class champion
  • Options
    GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,208 ★★★★★
    Wasn't Luke buffed a few years ago? Im pretty sure sentry has been buffed aswell
  • Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,362 ★★★★★
    Sentry who?
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,035 ★★★★★
    They’ve stated that champions don’t get scheduled for reworks based on need, they get scheduled based on when they come up with ideas for them and have the time to implement them.
  • Options
    SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Posts: 952 ★★★★
    Not gonna lie, thinking about it I agree that Sentry really deserved it much more. Like seriously, give that champion the kit of a lifetime, turn him into the science monster that breaks the spine of a niche so hard everyone has to rank him up.
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 1,949 ★★★★
    Just give Luke the OG Hulk treatment and give Sentry the OG Iron Man treatment
  • Options
    TripleBTripleB Posts: 246 ★★
    I miss the old buff program
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,089 ★★★★★
    Since we go through this every time the announce a buff, I will merely reiterate the facts as they have been stated many times before: Buffs are chosen based on multiple factors with the big three factors being:

•Specific ideas or mechanics that they want the champion to and whether or not the technology available to them can realize that idea.
    •Time available to buff and test the champion.
    •The allocation of resources/ Manpower that are available to ensure that the timetables can be met.

If a champion doesn't require a lot in terms of utility but merely in terms of just the numbers bump, they'll do that or they'll update their kit to include DOT abilities that weren't available previously like what they're planning to do with Luke.

For someone like Sentry, he has been buffed before but it wasn't a significant change that made him meta shattering or pretty darn close to it, but realistically he needs A LOT MORE WORK than what they are going to give Luke, which means that even if it wasn't Luke getting the buff, it would have been someone on that same level who would have gotten updated instead. Plus if the rumors are true, we might want to wait until Thunderbolts gets released to see if there are ideas to be taken there for visual updates or battle animations.

Miike has even said on multiple occasions that protesting a buff does not mean someone else gets a full rework instead.

Tldr: Luke needs a little bit of work. Sentry needs a a ridiculous amount of work. It is not the same thing.