**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Banquet Event Not Meh

I have heard all the comments on how the banquet this year is not very pleasing for some paragons and valiant players. I am not saying you shouldn't be abit annoyed about how the rewards are not up to standard for you guys but here is what I have to say. I am thronebreaker and this event could vastly change my account and I think eveyone who is thronebreaker and under is going to have a great time with this event. I feel like that if you guys keep going on and on about how this event isnt fair for you, you would be forgeting the other players under you. The banquet/gifting event is the only event that people of our level are let to have the same rewards as early paragon players and I think that is a very nice thing for kabam to do. I don't want to start an argument this is just my side of the story and how I feel about this event.

Comments

• Options
    NedthegodNedthegod Posts: 18
    Yeah I know and I agree with the pogression based rewards stuff and I aint calling anyone lazy I am just saying that people need to stop complaining it is what it is and then after this event we can ask kabam to improve it by adding pogression based rewards.
  • Options
    bhuv9191bhuv9191 Posts: 247 ★★
    Nedthegod said:

I have heard all the comments on how the banquet this year is not very pleasing for some paragons and valiant players. I am not saying you shouldn't be abit annoyed about how the rewards are not up to standard for you guys but here is what I have to say. I am thronebreaker and this event could vastly change my account and I think eveyone who is thronebreaker and under is going to have a great time with this event. I feel like that if you guys keep going on and on about how this event isnt fair for you, you would be forgeting the other players under you. The banquet/gifting event is the only event that people of our level are let to have the same rewards as early paragon players and I think that is a very nice thing for kabam to do. I don't want to start an argument this is just my side of the story and how I feel about this event.

Yes, but i doubt and eager to get more T3's to rank my R3s to R4s for my next profile levelup.

Hope, we get more of that, not only GOLD & ISO's enough, catalysts plays vital role also..
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,510 ★★★★
    Nedthegod said:

. I am thronebreaker and this event could vastly change my account and I think eveyone who is thronebreaker and under is going to have a great time with this event. I feel like that if you guys keep going on and on about how this event isnt fair for you, you would be forgeting the other players under you.

This is why progression based milestones are the best course of action. So everyone gets what is tailored to their status in the game.
  • Options
    Toproller89Toproller89 Posts: 636 ★★★
    PT_99 said:

Nedthegod said:

I am thronebreaker and this event could vastly change my account and I think eveyone who is thronebreaker and under is going to have a great time with this event.

So by your logic let lower players have fun event while Paragon+ players watch them have all the fun from side, got it. 😀👍
    I'd stop being salty if I were you, you paragons got necro and also that anime quest which tb and under didn't.
  • Options
    TheBaldAvengerTheBaldAvenger Posts: 257 ★★
    Nedthegod said:

Yeah I know and I agree with the pogression based rewards stuff and I aint calling anyone lazy I am just saying that people need to stop complaining it is what it is and then after this event we can ask kabam to improve it by adding pogression based rewards.

Would you feel the same way if the rewards wouldn’t do anything to help progress your account as a thronebreaker but are really good for accounts 2 progression levels below you? I think you would have a different view on it, considering the amount of units you would have to spend, but because it’s good for your account then you are seeing it as “everyone complaining”

Progression based rewards are a no brainer
  • Options
    TheBaldAvengerTheBaldAvenger Posts: 257 ★★

It’s funny to read these posts where lower accounts are glad there are no high teir account level rewards.

Our gold alliance has mix of paragons down to cavalier. We have had experiences where someone from one of the lower tiers benefited greatly from rewards beyond them received in previous banquet events. It happens as they progress a month or two later. They get a champ and are able to quickly rank them or awaken them with materials that was no use to them before. And all of the sudden they have a beast for their roster that can help them greatly in harder content.

The nerfing of the rewards hurts everyone - there is no scenario for progressing players to be hurt by getting rank up materials they can’t use right now. In fact, the value of your units - just like paragon+ - are being diminished in this event. It’s shortsighted to suggest otherwise.

Spot on
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,164 ★★★★★
    How will you Thronebreakers feel if next event you get conqueror level rewards, some T1 alpha shards, 25% T4 CC crystal, 1000 5* shards and 3* relic for 7000 units, almost forgot about relic for a second.
  • Options
    LokxLokx Posts: 649 ★★★
    So lower accounts get to progress their account through a fun event and because higher progressed account that had to grind through story, necro, battleground etc we don't deserve the excitement that the banquet event is supposed to give? We don't need materials to get us to valiant because I understand they don't want to rush progression but helping expand 7* roster with 7* shard and titan shards could not hurt. There is extremely little quantity in the GBC and it's all rng and the only 7* related items in the milestone is the very last milestone. Secondly there is barely any resources to even r5 6*. Just seems disappointing because the only relevant content is necro and that takes a lot of time and resources to get through so for lower skilled account they most likely won't be able to explore necro and will have to wait till next spring when the next act comes out to do anything relevant to their account.
  • Options
    KontestmanKontestman Posts: 273 ★★
    I think the event is just stinky for everyone that isn’t thronebreaker
  • Options
    MackeyMackey Posts: 1,597 ★★★★★

Nedthegod said:

Or, we can all stop policing others and let everyone express themselves as they like.
    Some might have not spent on Cyber Weekend because they were looking forward to this event. It's a big deal and we have a right to be upset. So let us be.
    Thats a risk that player takes, assuming its going to be better than x y or z is just delusional really. No matter what they pump out for these sorts of things, it's never going to please everyone. Besides all of that, if the choice was banquet or no banquet ... which are you choosing?
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,451 ★★★★★
    Nedthegod said:

The real reason they're mad is because it's those same people who were mad at Kabam for progressing too fast with 7*'s. So instead of being able to complain about the gap getting bigger, introducing 7* rank up mats too fast ect.. they're mad because Kabam didn't do that...
  • Options
    JohnTargaryenJohnTargaryen Posts: 106
    Nedthegod said:

Bla bla bla

• Options
    ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★
    Mackey said:

Nedthegod said:

Or, we can all stop policing others and let everyone express themselves as they like.
    Some might have not spent on Cyber Weekend because they were looking forward to this event. It's a big deal and we have a right to be upset. So let us be.
    Thats a risk that player takes, assuming its going to be better than x y or z is just delusional really. No matter what they pump out for these sorts of things, it's never going to please everyone. Besides all of that, if the choice was banquet or no banquet ... which are you choosing?
    Let's abandon the rhetoric that everyone wants blow-your-socks-off kind of rewards. That is not true.
    The argument is for relevant rewards. I have the 6* roster diversity I need and then some, and I'm not even one of the sweaty boys. Those guys can wipe their bottoms with the solo milestones.

I don't think it was delusional to save your units for the banquet. Historically, that would've been a decent play. Plus, CW was mid and going for the gamble and fun of opening crystals sounded like a solid choice.

At this point I'm just curious to see how many units I can accumulate before something comes up that's worth spending them.
  • Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    It’s insane to me for people who have been playing for years to imply that we were given necropolis, while they sit on the wrong side of some piece of years old story content? If this event is anything, it’s a last ditch (probably last of its kind) effort to dump enough resources into people lagging in progression to motivate them to move forward.

You can’t reasonably believe that they built a reward structure inside of banquet, featuring mostly max six and early seven star rewards, for folks sitting on content designed around 5*s and early 6*s? This is less a reward than a prod.
  • Options
    StephD87StephD87 Posts: 67
    I don't even care about the 7 star R1->2 or even R2->3 materials. All I wanted was a way to obtain more 7 stars and there is only 1 in the LAST milestone... otherwise you have to get lucky to only get max 10% of a crystal (1500 shards) with GBC. I know there's the 7 star guardian crystal in there too but I'm sure the odds are like .01%.
  • Options
    Killswitch01Killswitch01 Posts: 677 ★★★
    Damn... feels awkward to say I'm paragon and I'm not bothered by the banquet rewards😬
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,994 ★★★★★
    “Stop complaining about the thing that helps me. Wait and complain about something else”

Okay…
  • Options
    WarlockjrWarlockjr Posts: 798 ★★★
    Nedthegod said:

Buddy I am thronebreaker as well and even I am a little dissapointed about this event.
    Dawg it needs to be fair for everyone
  • Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,393 ★★★★
    I was very excited for the Banquet event but now I'm not as excited. I was hoping for more 7 star champ availability and some rank up materials to rank 2 7 stars. I figured rank 3 7 stars would be a no go since it would get summoners to the next Valiant and I was fine with that. For Paragon players and above, this doesn't help them with their accounts. They don't need anymore 6 star champs or materials to upgrade 6 star champs. 7 stars are the future of the game so why are Paragon and Valiant getting left behind.