Elsa 7* Worth R3?

Brad366Brad366 Member Posts: 103
I got an R2 to R3 Skill gem from Necropolis completion at Thanksgiving. At the time I only had Elsa. I opened 2 Skill crystals and got Hawkeye and OG Black Panther. I opened a loyalty crystal and a couple basic crystals and got no skill champs. I enjoy Elsa, but should I hold out for banquet rewards?

Comments

• GalactikDonutGalactikDonut Member Posts: 385 ★★★
    i was in pretty much the same boat, i r3 mine to get valiant before the anniversary calendar. i’ve enjoyed her and she is def good enough to take to rank 3, but if you’re hesitant and not in a rush to get valiant then i’d recommend waiting until you got a champ you really want as a rank 3. it seems like kabam is wanting to keep rank 3s as really rare for the time being
  • Brad366Brad366 Member Posts: 103
    I probably won't go for valiant until 8.4 gets released so not a huge rush (or do 1 necro path a month until i am done). The only ones I thought I might take up over her are mantis, killmonger, Attuma, or black cat, but I am sure I will get OG Spiderman a 4th time before I get one of those.
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Member Posts: 2,098 ★★★★★
    A question older than time. People in the forum are fighting about it like Aegon and the champion. Elsa is okay
  • Ngoalong711Ngoalong711 Member Posts: 308 ★★
    if that make you valiant then do it. if not you can just wait.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,091 ★★★★★
    If you run sucides, definitely go for her.
    She is a unbeatable defender in bg without a mutant.
    She also hits hard with extra crit rating stat
  • o_oo_o Member Posts: 835 ★★★★

Respectfully, I disagree with each of these statements 😂

- She's ok with suicides. She can’t shrug off damaging debuffs… you can adjust her play style to minimize recoil damage but there are other skill champs available as 7-stars who are much more compatible with suicides.

- She’s not even a good defender, let alone unbeatable?? I guess IF you place her in BGs while running suicides AND the opponent has no mutant attacker, they’re going to have a tough fight, but that’s not a scenario I’d consider when making rank-up decisions.

- If you’re referring to 7* stat focus, she benefits more from a boost to crit damage rating. She gets precision buffs from sp1 and from shrugging non-damaging debuffs; by the time you get to sp2 your crit rating is high and you want that increased crit damage.
  • Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Member Posts: 2,098 ★★★★★
    You see - I did not lie
  • Hector_1475Hector_1475 Member Posts: 1,794 ★★★★★
    If I pull a Skill gem from Necropolis, I'm definitely taking mine.
  • xNigxNig Member Posts: 7,329 ★★★★★
    Without a doubt. She's worth it.
  • Charlie21540Charlie21540 Member Posts: 934 ★★★★
    She's a very solid champion. I've come across a r3 Elsa Bloodstone in BGs
  • Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,700 ★★★★★
    o_o said:

- She's ok with suicides. She can’t shrug off damaging debuffs… you can adjust her play style to minimize recoil damage but there are other skill champs available as 7-stars who are much more compatible with suicides.

- She’s not even a good defender, let alone unbeatable?? I guess IF you place her in BGs while running suicides AND the opponent has no mutant attacker, they’re going to have a tough fight, but that’s not a scenario I’d consider when making rank-up decisions. .
    A 7* r2 Elsa took 40% of my health before I nuked her, she had around half-2/3 of the bleed left to go, a 7* r3 would presumably do more.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,091 ★★★★★
    o_o said:

- She’s not even a good defender, let alone unbeatable?? I guess IF you place her in BGs while running suicides AND the opponent has no mutant attacker, they’re going to have a tough fight, but that’s not a scenario I’d consider when making rank-up decisions.

- If you’re referring to 7* stat focus, she benefits more from a boost to crit damage rating. She gets precision buffs from sp1 and from shrugging non-damaging debuffs; by the time you get to sp2 your crit rating is high and you want that increased crit damage.
    The chances of opponent not having a mutant is not common, but not rare either. She's definitely a headache defender if opponent gets unlucky, it's a guaranteed win
    Obviously,not the topmost r3 skill choice, but if the op don't have shang chi, black cat or mantis, and don't have patience to wait, he won't go wrong with elsa
  • o_oo_o Member Posts: 835 ★★★★

o_o said:

- She’s not even a good defender, let alone unbeatable?? I guess IF you place her in BGs while running suicides AND the opponent has no mutant attacker, they’re going to have a tough fight, but that’s not a scenario I’d consider when making rank-up decisions. .
    A 7* r2 Elsa took 40% of my health before I nuked her, she had around half-2/3 of the bleed left to go, a 7* r3 would presumably do more.
    Sure. My point is that whether you run suicides is not a great criterion for whether to r3 Elsa. As i said before:
    o_o said:

If you don’t like playing her —> wait

If you like playing her —> take her to rank 3

She’s not for everyone but personally I’d r3 her without hesitation

• GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,498 ★★★★★
    In a word, yes.