**WE ARE NO LONGER Temporarily Reverting Tier 1 War Ban System**

After further discussion, the game team has made the decision not make adjustements to the ban system.
The previously proposed fix would have resolved the issue for Summoners who are on the cusp of T1/T2 play, and negatively impacted Alliances more securely in T1. Instead, we recommend that cusp Alliances switch to Manual Placement to your members to place the allotted 5 Ban Champions limit there.

Apologies for the back and forth, and for any confusion.
Options

Relevance of 6*r4->r5?

KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,764 ★★★★★
With 7*s absolutely flipping the game's meta, I am feeling a bit like 6*r5 are now less prio than 7*r2. Is this feeling correct?

Especially with Valiant and 7*r3 being a thing now, there is one less reason to focus on r5ing a 6* over r2ing a 7*. Which feels a bit odd, because rn I have 1 6*r5, I think 7-8 7*s, outta which maybe 3-4 are good enough to be r2ed, so my rankup list now feels like 6*s are gonna sit back for a while.

What do you think, would it be a good choice to prioritize maxing 6*s over progressing with 7*s, or are 6*r5 a "side thing" now?

Comments

• Options
    TP33TP33 Posts: 1,637 ★★★★
    the main focus is definitely going to shift towards ranking up 7*s, as it should. new 7* champs are being constantly added, kabam are taking more time to balance and consider champs they make 7*s, all the while the quality of 7*s are improving.

but, a 6* R5 ascended champ still holds its own against 7* R2 and R3 champs, especially when the 6* is a CGR, Herc, Kitty, Nick Fury or any other super god tier broken OP champ.

once we see 7* R4s come through then yes, i think the game will totally shift away from 6* R5s (unless they add second tier ascension 🤫). but that happened to 5*s when 6* R4s became a thing. i think there is still use to taking 6*s to R5, just only a select few. once you have all the Hercs and Kitty’s up then totally focus on the 7* roster, but don’t be calling 6*s obsolete just yet
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,217 ★★★★★
    I am not abandoning rank 5s but def emphasizing 7s rank ups.
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,153 ★★★★
    The only foreseeable r5s I see myself doing is MAYBE Archangel, just since he needs to really ‘punch up’ now in BGs, and probably Photon if I can pull her from featureds during banquet event.

Her, I’d automatically take to r5, ascend, and max sig. She’s simply that useful.
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,185 ★★★★★
    I still R5 champs like nimrod, FAM, scorpion, hulkling, Herc, KP, doom, absman and some are ascended. They are more useful than my R2 sunspot imo.
  • Options
    Jack2634Jack2634 Posts: 816 ★★★

ahmynuts said:

Idk why you would r5 any 6 star that exists as a 7 star already or has a high chance of coming out as one. I'd only rank 6 stars like Herc, Kitty, etc.

Sigs could be a reason. For instance, I rather a high sig 6* Korg than a 7* unduped one
    partly right . What makes korg insanely good as a 7 star , even if he is at low sig (yeah , unduped korg sucks) is his stat focus increased energy resistance
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,467 ★★★★★

ahmynuts said:

Idk why you would r5 any 6 star that exists as a 7 star already or has a high chance of coming out as one. I'd only rank 6 stars like Herc, Kitty, etc.

Sigs could be a reason. For instance, I rather a high sig 6* Korg than a 7* unduped one
    I would agree with you only if the game was nice to me. I'd rank 5 sig 200 my korg and then my next 3 7 star pulls would be Korg just to rub salt in the wound