**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Good or Bad Strategy for Doctor Voodoo?

So I sadly do not have him in 4 or 5 star (I am still only a couple months into playing so I only got a few 4*s and none God Tier)... but I do have Doctor Voodoo as an awakened 3 star and he is one of my favorite champs and is still 4th rated on my account being fully leveled.

My question is about my strategy I just recently started using and wanted t share and ask if it is a good idea or not.

So with his awakened ability and even being the best combo I decided to do even combos always with him. So instead of MLLLM I do MLLM so it always 4 each time so Brother Daniel always stays with me.

So the only downside is obviously a bit less dmg with one less Light Attack and also maybe 1 or 2 more Parry attempts as well.

So is the trade off worth it? I feel it is... but extra Parrys do mean more chances to screw up and get rolled but a much higher rated enemy.

Let me know what you think!

Comments

• RotmgmoddyRotmgmoddy Posts: 916 ★★★
    Honestly, you should just stick to MLLLM. When you want Brother Daniel to always be with you (even combo), you know you can throw off specials mid-combo right? So just try and get used to Doctor Voodoo, and once you see your combo as an even number mid combo, throw your special. Might take a little bit of planning ahead, but that's how you maximise damage.
  • chev327foxchev327fox Posts: 826 ★★
    Rotmgmoddy wrote: »
    Honestly, you should just stick to MLLLM. When you want Brother Daniel to always be with you (even combo), you know you can throw off specials mid-combo right? So just try and get used to Doctor Voodoo, and once you see your combo as an even number mid combo, throw your special. Might take a little bit of planning ahead, but that's how you maximise damage.

Ah okay. I am still a bit new so I had not really considered this... mostly becasue I have issue changing up my strategy mid-play still :D I am sure i will get better as time goes on.
  • MenkentMenkent Posts: 889 ★★★★
    edited December 2017
    It takes some practice to keep half an eye on the combo count. But if you do throw a special on an odd combo it's not the end of the world. There's actually a good argument for alternating even and odd tobget the most out of his utility in some situations... power burn from even sp2 then ability reduction from odd sp1, etc.
  • Like Menkent said, there are benefits to using odd combos. Mostly when fighting Hyperion. You can have double power drain if you process both even and odd combos. Helps in killing map6 mini boss and final boss. IMO, easier to have odd combo first, then even combo afterwards. Cuz you end up attacking more than evading. Also, having MD5 helps a ton!