"UNIVERSAL PURCHASE LIMITS" is new for the holidays, right?

thewass1980thewass1980 Member Posts: 151
I seem to recall that I was able to purchase all of the Black Friday/Cyber Weekend deals in-game and then go onto the Summoner's Market / Xsolla and make another purchase, including the Odin's Vault as well as the reliquary. However, now I keep seeing this "**HOLIDAY BUNDLES UNIVERSAL PURCHASE LIMITS**" message, even now when I'm typing this discussion message. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but this seems to be the first time that they've limited total purchase between in-game and on the online store. My question is, why is Kabam doing this? Usually they would never put this artificial limit on making money for the company, so why are they being Scrooges now?

Comments

• GamerGamer Member Posts: 10,715 ★★★★★
    Well u never could buy more that 1 there now u can buy 4 one the website
    BigBlueOx said:

I think this is much better for overall game health. I hope they keep it

Honestly it is the better
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,359 Guardian

I seem to recall that I was able to purchase all of the Black Friday/Cyber Weekend deals in-game and then go onto the Summoner's Market / Xsolla and make another purchase, including the Odin's Vault as well as the reliquary. However, now I keep seeing this "**HOLIDAY BUNDLES UNIVERSAL PURCHASE LIMITS**" message, even now when I'm typing this discussion message. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but this seems to be the first time that they've limited total purchase between in-game and on the online store. My question is, why is Kabam doing this? Usually they would never put this artificial limit on making money for the company, so why are they being Scrooges now?

The intent was always to do that for many of the big ticket limited bundles, but the technology to implement it when the web store went live wasn't ready. I think this was discussed when the web store was first launched, but I'm not sure if there's a public facing statement to that effect I can point to.

In any case, this is the first time you're seeing it because this is the first time the technology to implement linked limits existed to do it.
  • CsuttonCsutton Member Posts: 224 ★★
    This should have been made clear with an in game message. This is so frustrating for those of us that missed out on the 7* from the $50 GBC offer. I feel like kabam owes some of us that extra 7* gifted guardian crystal.
  • jcphillips7jcphillips7 Member Posts: 1,390 ★★★★
    Csutton said:

This should have been made clear with an in game message. This is so frustrating for those of us that missed out on the 7* from the $50 GBC offer. I feel like kabam owes some of us that extra 7* gifted guardian crystal.

Just to be clear, are you Valiant? If not, I’m afraid the offer wouldn’t have shown up for you anyways.
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,393 Guardian
    Csutton said:

You couldn't buy that offer in-game, it was a webstore exclusive deal for Valiants
    Csutton said:

You not valiant and the offer you or talking of it the one there lanuch with the event
  • thewass1980thewass1980 Member Posts: 151
    edited December 2023
    I'm Paragon and was able to get 5 total 7-star Gifted Guardian crystals from purchasing Odins in-game and one from the solo objective milestone. Unfortunately it doesn't say which Odin it was in my receipt emails, the regular one or the Holiday one. I got lucky from one of the Paragon Gifted Guardians and pulled Moon Dragon before opening the other 4 7 star crystals.