**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Necropolis: A Journey Through Middle-Earth Into Mordor

GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
Let's set the scene. I'm about as mid as it gets. Paragon, around 3.3M Rating. I've never been one for Everest content. In fact, I was years into the game before ever attempting RoL (shout-out to the WS Synergy). However, given the Rewards for Completion and the RttC Rewards, I would do best to run at least once. They would move my Account ahead a year or two at least.
Now to the Thread. I was going to mark down my progress and share it, but I have no idea if I'll do it in one sitting, which isn't likely because I have other things on the go, or do it over a number of days. So rather than keep track, I'll post my progress on here as I go. I'm planning on starting today or tomorrow, whenever I finish my regular Questing.

The Team:

6* Aegon R4 Ascended, Sig 200
7* Shuri Unduped R1
6* Wiccan R4, Sig 100
6* Kate R4, Sig 41
Undetermined (Perhaps Hulking Ascended for raw Damage, or Elsa R4)

I have 45 Revs, and am going in with 7500 Units. Any Units left over I'll drop on Banquet.

Feel free to offer me any suggestions as I go along if you like, or your own experience. I'm sure I'll need it. Wish me luck!

Comments

• Options

You need proxima on that team for Aegon’s ramp and furies…. It will save you a ton of revives.

Awesome, thanks.
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,180 ★★★★★
    edited December 2023

Someone else suggested practicing over and over until I can start with a decent Combo, I will likely take that route

If you go that route, remember that as soon as you get a decent combo on the next fight, you may want to exit out. With proxima you can still afford to get a hit. Heimdall is also a worthy placeholder for your team if you won't use Proxima.

If you truly are mid though, I'd still suggest Proxima. One hit and you lose your combo. Everest content is unforgiving with one mistake. And the damage from the fury synergy is quite good.

Good luck, and keep us updated.
  • Options

Someone else suggested practicing over and over until I can start with a decent Combo, I will likely take that route

If you go that route, remember that as soon as you get a decent combo on the next fight, you may want to exit out. With proxima you can still afford to get a hit. Heimdall is also a worthy placeholder for your team if you won't use Proxima.

If you truly are mid though, I'd still suggest Proxima. One hit and you lose your combo. Everest content is unforgiving with one mistake. And the damage from the fury synergy is quite good.

Good luck, and keep us updated.
    Thanks. I've decided to give her the 5th spot. Makes sense. The last thing I want is to lose it. I know either way it's going to take some Revs to get him to 999. Ideally I'd like to do it all on her, but that might not pan out.
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,311 ★★★★★
    Aegon and Kate are both not needed. You may actually be better off bringing heimdall to tank sp3’s. Might save you a few revives.
  • Options
    Graves_3 said:

Aegon and Kate are both not needed. You may actually be better off bringing heimdall to tank sp3’s. Might save you a few revives.

I can Bait, as long as the AI cooperates. I'd hate to go without Shuri, or Wiccan. Especially for GM.
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,180 ★★★★★
    Which path you doing?
  • Options

Which path you doing?

Titania, obviously. The second I was going to do some research to find the easiest.
  • Options

If you’re committing to aegon, I wouldn’t bring Kate. They can take the same fights and the heimdal will be better if the AI is uncooperative. I had a couple fights where they just refused to throw specials and wasted charges I could have used. I found it easier to just push them to sp3 rather than waste 30-45 charges with the ai sitting between 2-3 bars

I was thinking of bringing Kate because of Valkyrie, since I was considering the Guardian Path. I'm not the most experienced with Aegon. Do the Charges drop off once you hit 999 if you KO, or do they persist no matter what?
  • Options
    Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 807 ★★★★

If you’re committing to aegon, I wouldn’t bring Kate. They can take the same fights and the heimdal will be better if the AI is uncooperative. I had a couple fights where they just refused to throw specials and wasted charges I could have used. I found it easier to just push them to sp3 rather than waste 30-45 charges with the ai sitting between 2-3 bars

I was thinking of bringing Kate because of Valkyrie, since I was considering the Guardian Path. I'm not the most experienced with Aegon. Do the Charges drop off once you hit 999 if you KO, or do they persist no matter what?
    I only ever used aegon for this one completion run, he did Valkyrie fine. Charges don’t drop off after you bank them. Once banked you can’t lose them
  • Options

I only ever used aegon for this one completion run, he did Valkyrie fine. Charges don’t drop off after you bank them. Once banked you can’t lose them
    Perfect, thanks. I'll consider Heimdall. Not sure though. I Ranked Kate to R4 for this alone, but I'm not dead-set. I'll use her in other areas for sure. Decisions, decisions. Lol.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,689 ★★★★★
    Heimdal makes the run a lot cheaper and the extra combo or two after eating a big enough hit to trigger the synergy does lots of damage.

• Options

Heimdal makes the run a lot cheaper and the extra combo or two after eating a big enough hit to trigger the synergy does lots of damage.

Thanks. :)
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,941 ★★★★★
    Honestly for path 1 I ditched shuri and took doom specifically for airwalker. Everyone was reporting 10-20 revives with aegon, it took me 1 with doom. Aegon can do basically every fight other than that fairly easily and cheaply.
  • Options
    FigueFigue Posts: 83

If you go on the titania path aegon works just fine for every fight, you can use shuri for wiccan also, maybe 45 revives is more than enough.. i spent 60-70 but using aegon recklessly regardless of the deaths
  • Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,325 ★★★★★
    Get yourself a doom or chavez if possible. Proxima is non other than a synergy champ slot whereas doom and chavez pretty much solo all comics and some other matchups too
  • Options
    Sunstar19Sunstar19 Posts: 93
    Highly recommend Aegon for all the fights, if you can level up to rank 5. Increase in damage will end fights faster. Once he is fully ramped up, he bypasses auto block with critical hits which is very frequent, so Guardian or Sam Wilson is not a problem
  • Options
    Awesome suggestions. Thanks guys.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★
    For initial fight, you don't need both kate and aegon

Better take aegon shuri heimdall nick fury and wiccan, they can take care of everything.
    Or if you are super comfy with kate, take in kate shuri america chavez nick fury and wiccan, can do in half revives compared to aegon, but guardian will be tough.
  • Options
    TherunekingTheruneking Posts: 198 ★★
    Aegon, shuri/Kate anyone, wiccan proxima and heimdall as your team is my suggestion.

If this is your first everest content, proxima and heimdall are must with aegon.
  • Options
    AJ007AJ007 Posts: 10
    I finished my 1st run today. First time playing with aegon, same rank as yours. If you are going with aegon, you do not need any one else for titnia path. Get him to 800+ combo there. Dont worry for some extra revives. Once he is ramped up nothing stops him. I also took 6r4 Shuri for cap brit but then its very slow fight. In the end used aegon to finish her. I recommend taking heimdall and proxima. Take nick for shuri. Took 48-50 revives till GM.
  • Options
    AJ007 said:

I finished my 1st run today. First time playing with aegon, same rank as yours. If you are going with aegon, you do not need any one else for titnia path. Get him to 800+ combo there. Dont worry for some extra revives. Once he is ramped up nothing stops him. I also took 6r4 Shuri for cap brit but then its very slow fight. In the end used aegon to finish her. I recommend taking heimdall and proxima. Take nick for shuri. Took 48-50 revives till GM.

What does Nick do for Shuri again?
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★

AJ007 said:

Nick increases all hero champs attack by 20%. A great boost for aegon/shuri and kate
  • Options

AJ007 said:

Nick increases all hero champs attack by 20%. A great boost for aegon/shuri and kate
    Oh, okay. Thanks.
  • Options
    StatureStature Posts: 424 ★★★

AJ007 said:

Oh, okay. Thanks.
    I used this team:
    r5 ascended Aegon max sig, Proxima, Heimdall, r5 Doom, r3 Wiccan

Doom is good for some of the fights. AirWalker and Vision particularly. In hindsight, I would have swapped Fury for Wiccan. Once ramped up, Aegon can do everything else. I used Wiccan for the reverse controls phase but found that Aegon actually does a lot of damage even without doing the tasks. Probably cost a few extra revives, Fury's 20% damage boost would have saved those in other fights.

As others have said, you only need Aegon for the easy path. The real MVP was Heimdall who probably saved me about 50 revives.
  • Options
    ThomildoThomildo Posts: 446 ★★★
    I’ve only done the Tits path. Build your team around Aegon is my advice. Doom was good for air-walker and dragon man. I brought Wiccan for reverse control, but he sucked so i just bashed that phase with Aegon. Juggernaut is probably better.
    I used:
    R5a Aegon
    R5a Doom
    R3 Wiccan
    Proxima
    Heimdall
    Good luck, and keep those deaths coming!
  • Options
    mourya_4mourya_4 Posts: 9
    I have a1.7m account. so a pretty small one compared to yours and I am an average player at best.
    I just did my initial run today and used 50 revives. If i can do it u can do it pretty damn easily.
    Also take heimdall and proxima with aegon, saves u soo many revives. If u struggling with any fight just bulldoze your way with aegon. Just get hit when u r unstoppable and go ham (saves tons of revives)
    take reverse controls and do a couple of act 6 GM runs to practice dexing his sp1.
    I utterly failed in his third phase even with wiccan so i just bulldozed my way with aegon.
    Good luck buddy.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone. Today is the day, as soon as I can set aside some time. I'll update as I go.