**May 8th - HOT FIX INCOMING**
Hey Summoners,
A Hot Fix will be pushed to all stores shortly. This will address a bug causing crashes on some iOS devices. Please keep an eye out and update when you're able.
Thank you!
Options

Battlegrounds idea

MarvelNoobMarvelNoob Posts: 915 ★★★★
I'm not sure if this would be better or worse for newer players but what if the early tiers of bgs are made with slightly more simple nodes (like just powershield or polka power), while we leave the upper tiers the same? This way everyone that makes it to GC get seeded back to the current nodes while the new accounts get simple nodes?

I'm just saying this because there have been a ridiculous amount of players complaining about the nodes or not understanding them this past week.

Comments

• Options
    Wong_98Wong_98 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    Players hands can’t be held, otherwise they'll complain all the more when they get to the higher brackets
  • Options
    WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 692 ★★★★
    Earlier tiers of BG already have different matchmaking that makes it easier for smaller accounts. Every season there's a flood of matchmaking posts once people hit the higher tiers. I bet this would have the same result
  • Options
    TP33TP33 Posts: 1,603 ★★★★
    I don’t hate this idea, I don’t see why lower level uncollected or Cav players should be forced to play on the same nodes as Paragon or Valiant summoners. I mean for a lot of uncollected players this mega must be hell, there is simply no way any uncollected player has 30 ranked up champs which fulfil this metas requirements.

Maybe this is just a temporary problem, but if kabam want to give us more challenging metas which test the extents of our rosters, this will have an incredibly negative effect on uncollected or cavalier players.

One of the largest boosts to many of our accounts growth was the introduction of battlegrounds and its high level rewards, but now as the game has moved on over the past year the concept of lower level summoners benefitting from battlegrounds is becoming more and more alien.

Will people inevitably complain when they get stuck? Yes. But people will complain no matter the meta, no matter their progression level. So why use this as an excuse to lock them out of all the rewards instead of just some?

• Options
    True I'm just tired of reading all the comments on "why can't why champs do damage or gain power😭😭"
  • Options

True I'm just tired of reading all the comments on "why can't why champs do damage or gain power😭😭"

You'd see more of that once they pass the "easy" zone and have to deal with that
  • Options
    I honestly think the nodes should be rotating for everyone not just GC. Just give GC harder rotating nodes
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,144 ★★★★★
    TP33 said:

I don’t hate this idea, I don’t see why lower level uncollected or Cav players should be forced to play on the same nodes as Paragon or Valiant summoners. I mean for a lot of uncollected players this mega must be hell, there is simply no way any uncollected player has 30 ranked up champs which fulfil this metas requirements.

Maybe this is just a temporary problem, but if kabam want to give us more challenging metas which test the extents of our rosters, this will have an incredibly negative effect on uncollected or cavalier players.

One of the largest boosts to many of our accounts growth was the introduction of battlegrounds and its high level rewards, but now as the game has moved on over the past year the concept of lower level summoners benefitting from battlegrounds is becoming more and more alien.

Will people inevitably complain when they get stuck? Yes. But people will complain no matter the meta, no matter their progression level. So why use this as an excuse to lock them out of all the rewards instead of just some?

That might of been with the Meta 2 seasons ago when they used the AW tactics (or last season, I don't remember which) which were new.

Poka dot power and power shield are old nodes. Uncollected and Cav players have had these nodes before.

The problem isn't even what the meta is, the problem is that they aren't reading anything. The complaints are "why aren't I doing damage". There was even a post thinking that people were modding because they weren't doing damage.

Changing the nodes, making them easier, rotating them etc... won't fix people's inability to find answers on their own.
  • Options

I'm not sure if this would be better or worse for newer players but what if the early tiers of bgs are made with slightly more simple nodes (like just powershield or polka power), while we leave the upper tiers the same? This way everyone that makes it to GC get seeded back to the current nodes while the new accounts get simple nodes?

I'm just saying this because there have been a ridiculous amount of players complaining about the nodes or not understanding them this past week.

That's impractical. VT can seem long, because sometimes players get temporarily stuck in a tier, but it is actually not very long. Three tiers of VT (Bronze, Silver, and Gold) and you've left the protective shelter of roster matching. Platinum, Diamond, and Vibranium and then you're in the GC.

If the first three tiers use simpler nodes, then players will simultaneously see a jump from simpler to harder nodes *and* rapidly escalating matches. If we fold even more VT tiers into simpler nodes players won't have enough of a chance to adjust to the proper competition level and nodes more comparable to what they would face in GC.

VT is the lower BG tier. And we divide the lower tier of BG into the really lower tier and the kinda lower tier. There's not enough tiers to make an easy tier, a slightly harder tier but still easy tier, a more complex tier but still not too hard tier, a complex level that gets harder tier, and finally a just before GC tier. Nor can we make VT even longer than it is now without making it too much of a slog.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

That's impractical. VT can seem long, because sometimes players get temporarily stuck in a tier, but it is actually not very long. Three tiers of VT (Bronze, Silver, and Gold) and you've left the protective shelter of roster matching. Platinum, Diamond, and Vibranium and then you're in the GC.

If the first three tiers use simpler nodes, then players will simultaneously see a jump from simpler to harder nodes *and* rapidly escalating matches. If we fold even more VT tiers into simpler nodes players won't have enough of a chance to adjust to the proper competition level and nodes more comparable to what they would face in GC.

VT is the lower BG tier. And we divide the lower tier of BG into the really lower tier and the kinda lower tier. There's not enough tiers to make an easy tier, a slightly harder tier but still easy tier, a more complex tier but still not too hard tier, a complex level that gets harder tier, and finally a just before GC tier. Nor can we make VT even longer than it is now without making it too much of a slog.
    Ok that's a good point, I didn't think of that👍
  • Options
    TheHercTheHerc Posts: 65

TP33 said:

That might of been with the Meta 2 seasons ago when they used the AW tactics (or last season, I don't remember which) which were new.

Poka dot power and power shield are old nodes. Uncollected and Cav players have had these nodes before.

They are old nodes, but we simply don't have 30 champs ranked up for this meta.
    Reading the nodes is important but without the proper champs this is unplayable. It's harder to advance a single tier.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,144 ★★★★★
    TheHerc said:

TP33 said:

Reading the nodes is important but without the proper champs this is unplayable. It's harder to advance a single tier.
    That's the point in having a diverse roster.
  • Options
    CorkscrewCorkscrew Posts: 536 ★★★
    TheHerc said:

You're implying that you need ALL 30 champs need to be able to function as attackers. Mix your deck with high quality defenders also. Seeing a lot of people getting very few points because they're getting defenders with lots of immunities, shrug off or other defensive utility that sees them take very little damage. Means that you don't need a ton of OP DOT champs. There are also passive power gain champs like Hype and Dragon man.

• Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,507 ★★★★★

Even better idea, seperate the rewards, give lower players low rewards if they don't want to compete.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,507 ★★★★★
    TP33 said:

Then why are lower players getting same rewards like Paragon and valiant? Seperate the rewards entirely if lower players don't want to face competition.
  • Options
    PT_99 said:

TP33 said:

Then why are lower players getting same rewards like Paragon and valiant? Seperate the rewards entirely if lower players don't want to face competition.
    The relics are the same i believe but not the store. While yes lower tier players get the same amount of tokens they are worth...less I should say?