Options

Is anyone focusing on ranking up relics or they are just to increase combo ??

Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,388 ★★★★★
edited December 2023 in General Discussion
Pretty much the title . If you guys are ranking up relic , which reclis have you found the best one to put resources on ??

I know couple people just use them as a safety net and to increase combo but they also help in building up prestige and gives some good advantage to the champ it is tied on.
«1

Comments

  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,309 ★★★★★
    I focus on the ones I use the most first, then the rest based on whatever comes up.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,636 ★★★★★
    I have this strategy
    Level up and rank up only 6* relics.
    Also if your relics power a niche (like antman for power string champs and mister sinister for champs who benefit from bleed), use it on those champs (i assigned my antman relic on pig spidy).
    If your relic is pretty basic/universal, like ms marvel, scarlet witch relic, with not out of the world utility, assign it to your topmost champs.
    Rank up relics who actually add value for your champs, and only 5* and above relics (preferably 6* relics only).
    I ranked my black widow relic 5* and antman 6* as they really add some value for the team.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,636 ★★★★★
    Basically I'll say just focus on 6* relics
  • Options
    OpandemonioOpandemonio Posts: 1,225 ★★★★
    The only ranked to the max I have is the BW that I use with Black Cat
  • Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,788 ★★★★★
    Ngl i rank and level them up just to give my champs higher PI as it looks nice. Although there are tons of solid ones worth leveling up
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,172 ★★★★★
    Some of the relics are good. I see them as another synergy or awaken ability for a champ so I do rank them up if possible.
  • Options
    Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,388 ★★★★★

    The only ranked to the max I have is the BW that I use with Black Cat

    I remember when people thought that relic was just a troll lol ...but in real , it's one of the best relic.
  • Options
    ThomildoThomildo Posts: 456 ★★★
    I maxed out my 4* Hulk relic that i paired with 7* Hulk. And it deals a good chunk of damage. Haven’t noticed that kind of damage on any 6* relics. Other than the Hulk one they only serve as combo extenders for me.
  • Options
    Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,810 ★★★★★
    I've just been picking up alloys from the store's initially in order to fully rank up every 3/4-star relic. Then when I have embers expiring, I use them on the same 3/4-star relics in order to max them out first and scrap them out of my focus. Since they are lower rarities it's easier/faster, and I'm close to finish them all.

    After that I'll start investing in the 6-stars I guess, but never with a focus or priority to invest in them.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,636 ★★★★★

    The only ranked to the max I have is the BW that I use with Black Cat

    The relic is insane as it gaves black cat a upperhand in matches that are unfavourable for her, with opponents having no abilities to fail.
  • Options
    Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,388 ★★★★★
    Thomildo said:

    I maxed out my 4* Hulk relic that i paired with 7* Hulk. And it deals a good chunk of damage. Haven’t noticed that kind of damage on any 6* relics. Other than the Hulk one they only serve as combo extenders for me.

    That's because it matches the champs abilities . Thor relic works great on CGR and Hulkling since it enhances their buffs . But if you pair a Ms. Marvel with Hulkling , you wouldn't see much of a difference in damage.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,890 ★★★★★
    I stayed away from it because I thought it would lead to matching me against higher stacked rosters in BGs, but I was told prestige and even relic prestige has no impact on BGs matchmaking
  • Options
    CvlrCvlr Posts: 221 ★★
    I rank up almost all of my 4* 5* and 6* relics (If equipped to a champ). They are not game changing but sure some champs-relic pairing has cool interactions. Rn I remember some cool pairing that I use: kate-ws, odin-thor, jugs-jugs, wong-jugs, doom-gr/scarlet, spot-capww2. Give it a try.
  • Options
    Darkknight_94Darkknight_94 Posts: 459 ★★★
    edited December 2023

    Hope this helps, i love ranking the ones with champs i like using , be it in questing, bgs or aw.
    Ps: 5* r2 n 3s, with 1 6*r2 relic
  • Options
    ThomildoThomildo Posts: 456 ★★★
    Rohit_316 said:

    Thomildo said:

    I maxed out my 4* Hulk relic that i paired with 7* Hulk. And it deals a good chunk of damage. Haven’t noticed that kind of damage on any 6* relics. Other than the Hulk one they only serve as combo extenders for me.

    That's because it matches the champs abilities . Thor relic works great on CGR and Hulkling since it enhances their buffs . But if you pair a Ms. Marvel with Hulkling , you wouldn't see much of a difference in damage.
    Yeah i’ve paired most of my relics with matching champs, but the others seem weak. It’s hard to tell how much they enhance a champs abilities. But the Hulk one packs a punch when you release it. But i guess there are a lot of interactions i haven’t checked out
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,486 ★★★★★
    Ranking them all.

    Go big or go home.
  • Options
    Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,388 ★★★★★
    Thomildo said:

    Rohit_316 said:

    Thomildo said:

    I maxed out my 4* Hulk relic that i paired with 7* Hulk. And it deals a good chunk of damage. Haven’t noticed that kind of damage on any 6* relics. Other than the Hulk one they only serve as combo extenders for me.

    That's because it matches the champs abilities . Thor relic works great on CGR and Hulkling since it enhances their buffs . But if you pair a Ms. Marvel with Hulkling , you wouldn't see much of a difference in damage.
    Yeah i’ve paired most of my relics with matching champs, but the others seem weak. It’s hard to tell how much they enhance a champs abilities. But the Hulk one packs a punch when you release it. But i guess there are a lot of interactions i haven’t checked out
    Try Hulk relic on Silk . It's awesome there 💯
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,636 ★★★★★
    Also spidy2099 relic is overshadowed by hulk relic.
    Spidy relic can give you immunity to dexterity buff every 16 seconds.
    So you can dex with a lot science champs in nodes like spite and buffet without penalty, also good to counter nullfiying mystics.
  • Options
    Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 851 ★★★★★
    edited December 2023
    I would rank them up if that guaranteed extending combos… the whiff nonsense can’t even get that part right.
  • Options
    Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,388 ★★★★★

    Also spidy2099 relic is overshadowed by hulk relic.
    Spidy relic can give you immunity to dexterity buff every 16 seconds.
    So you can dex with a lot science champs in nodes like spite and buffet without penalty, also good to counter nullfiying mystics.

    That relic worked great on my 7* Gwen in last AW meta .
  • Options
    UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,106 ★★★★
    Kabam has yet to give me any reason to rank up any of my Relics.
  • Options
    Darkraw346Darkraw346 Posts: 2,034 ★★★★
    Some are just combo extenders, some are more than that... like Mr Sinister, Hulkbuster, Winter solider...
  • Options
    iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Posts: 681 ★★★★
    I ranked up a few relics that i used on necropolis, i've heard someone saying that relics function in the same way as champion's rank, example
    6* r5 has a X amount of power gain
    6* r1 has a Y amount of power gain
    So basically the higher the rank, the faster you can get to activate your relic in necropolis (which is very important)
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,764 ★★★★★
    I don't even know how to rank/lvl them.

    The relic screen is the least intuitive part of the game, upgrading comes with a high gold cost and arguably minimal benefit over doing nothing other than binding.

    They got relics way wrong in my opinion.
  • Options
    WhoDaPooWhoDaPoo Posts: 318 ★★★
    I've done a few 5 or 6 star ones that have an impact, like Venom for Venom, or Winter Soldier for Kate Bishop.
  • Options
    ESFESF Posts: 1,944 ★★★★★
    I use them but rarely rank them past Rank 1 because of the gold cost. I don’t think they are good or bad, as a whole — there are definitely interesting uses for a number of them — but the gold is a nonstarter for me
  • Options
    Too pricy to rank up and rank up materials are sparse
Sign In or Register to comment.