**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Year End Review

JinxesaxeJinxesaxe Posts: 397 ★★★
With 2023 coming to a close, I think it’s nice to look back on the year we all had, and reflect upon it. I feel like posting this here will also act as feedback from at least one player to the game team, and hopefully some of it will be taken into consideration! I’d also love to hear everyone else’s opinions on the year!

My thoughts on 2023 in MCOC:

New champions have made the game so much better. Everyone has a level of uniqueness and a place in the contest (even if that place is being trashed by the community). Best year for champion design ever.

Champion buffs were a step above, rebalance did its job, and Hulk has become a staple for a lot of people in the contest, as he should be.

7* Rollout was amazing. The paragon crystal event sucked, but was a nice touch to the actual release of the new champions. Pool was great at launch.

7* Titan is mid at best with how rare it is, but I’m so excited every time I’m able to open one or at close to opening one.

Ascension is perfect and I love ascending champs. I just did Kitty as my fourth. It allows champs falling out of relevance to keep up, like Galan.

Events wise, I loved the BrutalDLX challenge. Caps Enlistment should happen every year to boost engagement, it was super fun. Banquet sucked.

Paragauntlet is mid, but rewarding to a player like me. I get the criticism it receives and agree. Maybe they make it so it’s just a single clear of TBEQ?

Necropolis is super healthy for the game, mastery point in completion, a r3, all of it. I’ll only ever do my single path, but the rewards are great for anyone going for exploration.

7 For 7 and the Guillotine’s Trial were amazing and perfect. Super duper fun, not super challenging, and rewarding enough to be motivated to do it, but not feel obligated to do it.

The live streams are great! Didn’t go to the brawl, will try in a few years when I’ll be able to actually enjoy it. Looked cool though!

Bugs have been insane. Made the game almost unplayable at points. Hoping things get better in 2024.

Side Quests; the worst part of this year. We had two fun side quests (imo), being April’s safe cracking quest, and July’s Hades Rifts. Mojos Choice was boring and bugged, dating game is always bad, incursion side quests suck, May was fine, June was bugged and monotonous, Gladiator quest was terrible, October was fun but would’ve been better if we could use the pre-fights, November sucked, and December sucked.

Overall, a good year for MCOC in general. The SQ needs work next year, but I am totally looking forward to what we receive.

Jinx

Comments

• Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,809 ★★★★★
    Removing login 📆 till an account reaches Proven, sigh ...
  • Options
    @ESF What a wonderful point of view! I completely agree upon the gold issue!

Jinx
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,459 ★★★★
    This is an awesome thread.
  • Options
    The_0wenpusThe_0wenpus Posts: 133
    Jinxesaxe said:

With 2023 coming to a close, I think it’s nice to look back on the year we all had, and reflect upon it. I feel like posting this here will also act as feedback from at least one player to the game team, and hopefully some of it will be taken into consideration! I’d also love to hear everyone else’s opinions on the year!

My thoughts on 2023 in MCOC:

New champions have made the game so much better. Everyone has a level of uniqueness and a place in the contest (even if that place is being trashed by the community). Best year for champion design ever.

Champion buffs were a step above, rebalance did its job, and Hulk has become a staple for a lot of people in the contest, as he should be.

7* Rollout was amazing. The paragon crystal event sucked, but was a nice touch to the actual release of the new champions. Pool was great at launch.

7* Titan is mid at best with how rare it is, but I’m so excited every time I’m able to open one or at close to opening one.

Ascension is perfect and I love ascending champs. I just did Kitty as my fourth. It allows champs falling out of relevance to keep up, like Galan.

Events wise, I loved the BrutalDLX challenge. Caps Enlistment should happen every year to boost engagement, it was super fun. Banquet sucked.

Paragauntlet is mid, but rewarding to a player like me. I get the criticism it receives and agree. Maybe they make it so it’s just a single clear of TBEQ?

Necropolis is super healthy for the game, mastery point in completion, a r3, all of it. I’ll only ever do my single path, but the rewards are great for anyone going for exploration.

7 For 7 and the Guillotine’s Trial were amazing and perfect. Super duper fun, not super challenging, and rewarding enough to be motivated to do it, but not feel obligated to do it.

The live streams are great! Didn’t go to the brawl, will try in a few years when I’ll be able to actually enjoy it. Looked cool though!

Bugs have been insane. Made the game almost unplayable at points. Hoping things get better in 2024.

Side Quests; the worst part of this year. We had two fun side quests (imo), being April’s safe cracking quest, and July’s Hades Rifts. Mojos Choice was boring and bugged, dating game is always bad, incursion side quests suck, May was fine, June was bugged and monotonous, Gladiator quest was terrible, October was fun but would’ve been better if we could use the pre-fights, November sucked, and December sucked.

Overall, a good year for MCOC in general. The SQ needs work next year, but I am totally looking forward to what we receive.

Jinx

I agree on everything except the sidequest Legendary Incursions. I thought it made Incursions much more fun and engaging.
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,588 ★★★★★
    I can’t do this unbiasedly after the tire fire of a dumpster storm December I’ll unfortunately remember. This month was such an L.

1.) Deathless Guilly was so hyped and ended up being a lazy reskin of prebuff Guilly…

2.) AW season rewards overlapped with Banquet locks yet again making people feel trapped or rushed to find a spot

3.) overturned aw tactic forced onto the player base

4.) holiday breaks removed for top end players causing officer to have to nag people show should be enjoying real life and not worrying about a game

5.) an undertuned banquet event, with gas lighting about 8stars when R2 mats woulda been sufficient in making it stronger

I think the OP is probably closer to the mark but what a crappy way to end such a fun year
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,080 ★★★★★
    I returned to game this year after quitting the game by dec 2020.
    I enjoyed this year a lot, especially 7*s is a major addition to game, livestreams are fun and ancesion is super based decision.
    Also they finally released relics (although it was at 2022) , cuz they had the prototype from around 2020.
    Revive farming nerf is unacceptable, and titan pool is super underwhelming provided their rarity in game.
    Side quests sucked, kabam should invest more time in developing side quests.
  • Options
    BigBlueOx said:

I can’t do this unbiasedly after the tire fire of a dumpster storm December I’ll unfortunately remember. This month was such an L.

1.) Deathless Guilly was so hyped and ended up being a lazy reskin of prebuff Guilly…

2.) AW season rewards overlapped with Banquet locks yet again making people feel trapped or rushed to find a spot

3.) overturned aw tactic forced onto the player base

4.) holiday breaks removed for top end players causing officer to have to nag people show should be enjoying real life and not worrying about a game

5.) an undertuned banquet event, with gas lighting about 8stars when R2 mats woulda been sufficient in making it stronger

I think the OP is probably closer to the mark but what a crappy way to end such a fun year

I completely understand where you’re coming from! December was really rough for me as well, but not in the same ways as other players. I don’t do high end war, or do I have very many r2 seven stars (Morbius at r2, Gamora at r3,) so those things didn’t SUPER bother me, but I get why they would bother others. I appreciate your perspective!

Jinx