**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Battlegrounds punctuation system (Pause exploit)

Hi everyone, I had an idea and I would like to share it with you to know your opinion.
In some battlegrounds maches people pause the game to gain the 15k points from the hp remaining, when they think that there's no better way to gain points. To avoid that I propose that the hp points has a multiplier that goes from 0 to 1. That multiplier would work depending on the time played. For exemple, if a player only plays 10 seconds and the pause the game, then the multiplier would have the value of 10/120 (120 is the max time playable in a bg fight)= 0,083 aprox. So his scoaring would be 15000*0,083 = 1250 points, punishing the pause exploit. (I'm not sure if it is possible to mesure the duration of the fight but when you check the stats, it apear so I supose it's possible)
Also you can think that if you do a fight very fast you wold lose a lot of points but the multiplier only applies when you timeout.
So that's my suggestion, thanks for reading and I would love to know your opinion.

Comments

• Options
    WayoncitoWayoncito Posts: 8

I'm more of the thought process that if you lose because your opponent paused, then you need to expand your deck and/or skills.

Yeah but there are sometimes, specially in this meta where you and your opponent could be bloked and I don't think pausing is the answer. Also, in other nuke metas this wouldn't be relevant.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,565 ★★★★★

I'm more of the thought process that if you lose because your opponent paused, then you need to expand your deck and/or skills.

I rather lose at 369 points than winning by pausing.
    Pausing isn't strategy, it is exploiting the game's limitation in a UNFAIR manner.
    If pausing without any penalty is an option, then point farming should also be an option too.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,240 ★★★★★
    Something needs to be done, whether it is your plan or something else. Pausing is wrong.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 7,007 Guardian
    Wayoncito said:

Yeah but there are sometimes, specially in this meta where you and your opponent could be bloked and I don't think pausing is the answer. Also, in other nuke metas this wouldn't be relevant.
    You can still do damage with relics, so if you're good at the game, then you can net over 17k points in the fight, or if you use someone like venom who applies armor breaks, you can get around 26k points with just relic damage.
  • Options
    MalchaeisMalchaeis Posts: 178 ★★
    On pausing the matches to win, Didn't the Devs say they were looking into it as a form of cheating on the last war on cheating update? I could be wrong.
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,372 ★★★★★
    Trek26 said:

Would this satisfy y'all that don't like others pausing? If we went into the fight, just used relics and hit block for two minutes? What if we didn't use my relic but was in that fight for two minutes practicing because we know it was a lost? Would y'all say it pausing if it ended with both at full health? Will you be happy if we did the whole fight and came out with 90% missing health and the defender with 100%? I somehow feel in this instance you people that complain about pausing would still lose. In my opinion the problem isn't people pausing, the problem is Kabam making node combinations that would make multiple attackers lose to defenders even when doing the fight. No one would pause if they had a chance (unless they had only mystics and you put a torch down.) I don't think you should blame other players for pausing but kabam for putting bad nodes together.

I applaud your effort to play for 117secs to do 1.5% damage. You definitely deserved to win.
  • Options
    peixemacacopeixemacaco Posts: 1,632 ★★★
    Agree with @Wayoncito idea.

This simply will make "pause cheaters" to stop doing that.
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,077 ★★★★★

Pausing isn't strategy, it is exploiting the game's limitation in a UNFAIR manner.
    If pausing without any penalty is an option, then point farming should also be an option too.
    But it is FAIR. You can do it as well. You can even hit into block couple of times before pausing to have a fair advantage. It has nothing to do with farming.
    And farming is available in the game — go grind arena, if you want to
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,483 ★★★★★
    edited January 5
    Pausing is cheap; BUT its on you to score more than 15k+ points.... If you can't do that your deck needs a fix.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,145 ★★★★★
    If you can't score more than 15k in BG then you need to start blaming yourself
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,145 ★★★★★
    edited January 5

"I rather lose 😭"
    A win is a win, there's no judges or anything on how you win (other than hacks ofc) so stop this UnFaIR MaNNeR win excuse and stop with point farming while you're at it, capeesh

• Options
    Xguard77Xguard77 Posts: 562 ★★★
    I've floated this idea before, but limit BG pause to 15 total seconds. That allows for a sneeze, drink of water, or whatever. Once you're 15 seconds is up, it unpauses and the button is grayed out for the remainder of the fight.