**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

R3 for valiant...

MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,139 ★★★★
Hi all, just beat necropolis for the last time. Selected hulk and was lucky with the titan on pulling lady deathstrike.

I have titania as my first R3. Roster below, in case I've missed someone, but I think the main choices are in the poll. I run suicides 24/7 and while I play BGs I do not enjoy them and am not looking specifically for BGs.

R5 6*, just in case are herc*, fantman*, aegon*, diablo*, apoc, Nimrod, kingpin (*for ascended)

R3 for valiant... 103 votes

Hulk
29%
phillgreenHendrossBulmktanggafkTheAngryOneBugmat78edricAnnihilator13_ItsClobberinTimeTraviswLeoZedGlassbackBeastDadAgent_Valentain689DeepworldErrangNosrepAidenTheWiseLickyHighlander2 30 votes
Maestro
15%
Scopeotoe987RockyshockyTJ107DeaconDfour24Charlie21540JAYJAY3001Ioniqus_797RiptideThe_OverlordWonderfulloser1948PT_99MarvelNoobSamanunKingering_KingVenoween 16 votes
Duped gambit (have R5 apoc and 5* relic)
2%
ContestOfNoobsSpideyFunkoQueenMcoc 3 votes
Lady deathstrike
2%
MaratoxTrek26ThePredator1001 3 votes
Warlock
26%
MagicBentonAzKicker316NukeHeattblasttColinwhitworth69SCP1504Ayden_noah1Mother_FlerkenKlyph_1Carracho01houndogακιSaltE_Wenis69ShenkRohit_316CrcrcrcFrydayThokk150CyrillFromTulawillrun4adonutmattyben27 27 votes
Venom
17%
SIlverProfessorRagnarok13CassyRayven5220PikoluZeezooscaptain_rogersWhoDaPooFilledPizzao_oOakenshieldCoach_G1Fr4s3rJaffa_DoomflameHonorable_BluJayWong_98TheHerc 18 votes
Morbius
5%
DadouSanVbnmeZephyre33JounaaPeeTribalChiefManbatn 6 votes
Joe
0%

Comments

• Options
    edited January 6
    Drat, missed adding the other - so comment for other please 😁
  • Options
    Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,391 ★★★★★
    Warlock
    Maestro if you need a defender // Hulk if you need an attacker.
  • Options
    OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,866 ★★★★
    edited January 6
    Venom
    Either him or Warlock or Shuri
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,222 ★★★★★
    Maestro
    Dahh, do Maestro and be a menace. He will forever be meta defender.
  • Options
    Warlock
    Pikolu said:

Of these, Venom is the most versatile attacker. He is a personal favorite of mine ever since his buff in October of 2018

Is a r2 Venom faster than a r2 Hulk??
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,717 ★★★★★
    Venom
    Venom is love, best mcoc champ and best marvel character in the game.
  • Options
    Venom and warlock (and shuri) are already R2, so both are logical.

Surprised venom is so popular; I assumed one of maestro, warlock and to a degree hulk, would run away with it!
  • Options
    OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,866 ★★★★
    Venom
    @Moosetiptronic Do you have a 5 or 6* venom relic? If so it is even more of a no brainer.
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,525 ★★★★★
    edited January 6
    Venom, Hulk or Lady D, but horseman gambit is very good in certain circumstances and is a menace for prestige at low dupe.
  • Options
    TikkaMasalaTikkaMasala Posts: 156
    Warlock

• Options
    TikkaMasalaTikkaMasala Posts: 156
    Warlock
    I did Venom. No regrets. Though don’t run suicides. Warlock would be high on my list to consider with suicides.

Hulk really would be my top choice but not with already having taken Titania to R3. Would want a different class for sure.
  • Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★

Venom and warlock (and shuri) are already R2, so both are logical.

Surprised venom is so popular; I assumed one of maestro, warlock and to a degree hulk, would run away with it!

The thing with maestro is that the extra rank doesnt really do much for him, since if the opponent doesnt have a counter they are screwed anyways no matter the rank.
  • Options
    MarvelNoobMarvelNoob Posts: 1,050 ★★★★
    Maestro
    I'm a bit of a bg menace so I'm gonna r3 maestro once I finish my last the 3 lanes🤣
  • Options

@Moosetiptronic Do you have a 5 or 6* venom relic? If so it is even more of a no brainer.

Yes, have 5* venom relic on him already. This is a tough decision!
  • Options
    Warlock

Rohit_316 said:

Pikolu said:

Of these, Venom is the most versatile attacker. He is a personal favorite of mine ever since his buff in October of 2018

Is a r2 Venom faster than a r2 Hulk??
    Depends, but op already have Titania, I won't recommend two r3 in same class.
    Oh i didn't see that r3 Titania . Then i would choose Warlock . Special can't crit when his armor is up and at r3 , it makes up for mid damage + he is a dual threat.
  • Options
    Tied at the top between warlock and venom... Indecision paralysis!
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,581 ★★★★★
    edited January 6
    I'd agree that r2 Maestro is tough enough. As an Alliance, we aren't playing War at a level where r3 is required; and BGs suck, so why focus on Defensive champions?

How does Venom cope with Recoil Masteries?

I think they're pretty key for your preferred playstyle - champs who can recover health work well for you: I see Gambit and Lady Deathstrike who can do that. Why not play around with Lady D for a bit and see if she grows on you, as an option?

If you're mostly torn between Venom and Warlock, I'd go with the double-immune robot, personally.
  • Options
    7* Lady D's damage, even with full synergy team and suicides, is incredibly poor, I am sad to report, as her ruptures don't scale with attack.

Otherwise, she'd be near the top of the list due to the free healing with suicides, as you point out.

Venom I ranked to 2, previously and he's decent. He's not going to carry whole lanes for me, due to suicides, but his damage in 3-4 fights is very good. Nervous about the reliance on bleeds. If it was venompool, he'd definitely go up!

Warlock is very.... Safe... And you're probably right, as always...!
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    Warlock

Do it if for no other reason than that I would be enormously jealous.
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,585 ★★★★★
    Hulk
    The best 7*.
  • Options
    Potatoslice500Potatoslice500 Posts: 251 ★★
    Hulk
    Hulk closely followed by Venom
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,590 ★★★★★
    Warlock
    So who you taking?
  • Options
    Wowser, hulk came up the outside, pretty fast!

Think it's going to be warlock. Hulk I'll take to R2 and is good enough at that to do what he does. Venom is already R2 and not sure if R3 will make enough difference.

Warlock on the other hand, takes down WS a lot slower than the other two, even at R2, so I think he needs the bump the most. I know DPS is not what he's for, it's utility and he has enough at R2, but to paraphrase all the aegon/hela/herc aficionados, DPS is utility, if you pump out enough of it.

So, warlock it is!