Hi Again. More Spider-Man Classic Feedback

Loki_Poki1280Loki_Poki1280 Member Posts: 499 ★★★
Hello Again,
I know I've done many of these but I'm Genuinely trying to give feedback and a little Suggestion.

Classic Spidey takes too long to ramp up in Act 8 (As a fully maxed out 6*, Ascended and everything).
The health pools are too large for the sp1 and Sp2 Rotation.
It's too long to do the Sp1 x3 into Sp1 Rotation (especially with Nodes and Long Opponent Specials)

He's just too Impractical to use in Story Questing. He's Occasionally good for Bosses but thats pretty much the extent of it.
He Pretty Decent in Bgs. Not mind-blowing but it's decent.

He's too slow for Shorter Fights below 100k HP

I've just noticed that his Physical Resistance Reduction does not count as Physical Vulnerability.

His Synergies increase is Damage cap but not really his Time.

Hit Monkey Requires 3-4 Sp1 to Even Benefit from it.

Shang-Chi Perfect Dodge/Block takes a lot of time to acquire in Matches v. Passive AI

Black Cat Synergy Practically Useless

Doc Ock Synergy is Good, but damage increase is rarely Noticeable.

Found out that the best team to play him on is Increased Combat Power Rate Synergies with Spider-Gwen

He's Good but barely on the verge of pretty good.

His Utility is pretty good. Taunt is the Main factor here.

Sp2 Is the Problem.

Is Damage Is too short and for too much work.

Webbing falls off very quickly unless ran with Wolverine even then it is still pretty short.

Quick Solution may to just Move his SP2 Ability as a passive ability in general. His taunts reduce Physical Resistance by x . His damage will ramp up over the course of the fight allowing him to do more damage while still ramping up Sp1. This plays very well into the Hit monkey synergy that will instead allow the player to choose to Launch Sp1 to benefit from the Hit monkey synergy without sacrificing Time to get the Sp1 to ultimately get to Sp2 to see pay off

Sp2 can still stun but instead Pause Taunts on the opponent for the duration of the stun. Just sans the taunt reducing PR for x because that would already be an ability.

That's pretty much it. He would therefore finally appeal to more players and see more use (Like Hulk but Not nearly). A good Buff would be where when People pull him from a 7* and do not feel crushed. That they can say "Okay thats not that bad". Thats good. So far, people don't really get excited when they Pull spidey from a 7* and he was buffed same day as Hulk.

Increase his damage throughout his ramp up. He has everything to make a good champ, just needs it in the right places.

Thank you

Comments

• LokxLokx Member Posts: 1,239 ★★★★
    In my opinion his character is bad in bg and war. If the opponent has will power on (which they most likely do) they just heal on all the permanent debuffs.
  • Loki_Poki1280Loki_Poki1280 Member Posts: 499 ★★★
    He has some decent use ig if you have both petrify and despair masteries.

He does pretty good with the science power boost in AW.

Only gripe with him is that you can't get meaningful damage out of him in real quests with interactive nodes without the long ramp up. Without Shang chi synergy he's basically doing bare bones pre buff damage until you essentially use 4 bars of power. He has no forms of powergain or damage increase before that point. Even then, his damage is real short. Of course he can shine against some mystic champs with really simple nodes but man is it hard to keep it up with everything going on in a match.

I've been trying to use him in content every opportunity I get but he seems to really falter (haha get it? Ebony maw) against champions or nodes that just are a slight inconvenience.

Was fighting an 8.1 Maw boss and I had to do so many special 1 just to keep my buffs on. That maw in general isn't even that hard. I one shot him with r3 spider ham. Which is like (technically) 3 ranks below my OG Spidey.

Look. If he can dish out decent damage before being "fully ramped up), then the Willpower problem won't really exist. He won't feel like a noodle during said ramp up.

It's not like viv where u just get to sp2 and do Sp1. Cuz she gets power back to do 3 consecutive sp1. She has good support behind her ramp. Cuz after ramping, she does crazy damage and has the power gain/steal to back it up.

He just feels like a noodle. Mine hits for 35k mediums with 20+ taunts on (w/ Crit rng). With this small change, his ramp up feels worth it. Cuz it took pretty long to get there. And it doesn't actually disappear.

His problem is having to maintain his ramp up with sp1 but also get pay off with ramp up via exclusively his sp2. And it has to play out perfectly to actually work.
    Would be great if he ya know . . . Ramped up with sp1 and that actually be his damage ramp up.
    I just wish more people could like spidey classic. Such a cool champ. Almost really good. But not. And most everyone hates it when they pull him. Like I try to love using him. But there's some truth it what other people say about him.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,328 ★★★★★
    He’s just ok, but should be better. This guy is Spiderman, one of the most iconic characters in all of comics, not just Marvel.
    @EdisonLaw IDEK why someone "Disagreed" you lol. Everything you said was facts. He's "Okay" and he's also one of the most famous/well-known/respected/admired characters of all comics.

Maybe they think he sucks? Or that he isn't one of the most iconic characters in comics?

Lol.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,328 ★★★★★
    edited January 19
    @Loki_Poki1280 a lot of people tend to spam disagrees. Also a lot of iconic characters in this game just aren't beyond god tier. For example Gladiator and Sentry. Two Superman copycats who are just mediocre in this game. Dormammu and Mephisto also, both are Demon Lords. Silver Surfer also (though he's better). Meanwhile we have champs like Nick Fury, Ghost, Kitty who are Beyond God tier, when in the comics/movies they aren't even that powerful.