Vox isn't working properly

AsmodeuzzAsmodeuzz Member Posts: 8

Hello Kabam. I very like Vox and bring him in different matches. But I spot the problem. In his abilities stated that timer of degenerations can't be changed, but for example Rogue can change duration of Vox's degenerations. Is this intentional and I misunderstood the ability or is this bug?

Comments

• Darkraw346Darkraw346 Member Posts: 2,325 ★★★★★
    Wow thats actually pretty cool
  • OurobørosOurobøros Member Posts: 1,508 ★★★★
    I believe it mean you can prolong it more. Like if you go to incursions and use a boost to increase Debuffs time it will do nothing because it can't be increased.
  • M1rtl3M1rtl3 Member Posts: 14

I believe it mean you can prolong it more. Like if you go to incursions and use a boost to increase Debuffs time it will do nothing because it can't be increased.

So actually you can prolong duration of degenerations. I was able to do it in 7.3.1 with Entropic Impairment. So i think buffs in incursion will work as well

That does seem like it needs some clarification.

The way it’s written makes it seem like nothing can alter the duration. If nodes and hacks can extend it and champs like Rogue/Karnak/Angela can reduce it, what does fixed really mean in this context?

Yeah, I agree. If you need some proof and tests I can show them all is recorded. Also I see two ways of handling this situation, either by deleting the statement about Vox's degeneration timer being "fixed" or fixing the timer itself
  • Wolf911Wolf911 Member Posts: 401 ★★★
    M1rtl3 said:

The way it’s written makes it seem like nothing can alter the duration. If nodes and hacks can extend it and champs like Rogue/Karnak/Angela can reduce it, what does fixed really mean in this context?

Yeah, I agree. If you need some proof and tests I can show them all is recorded. Also I see two ways of handling this situation, either by deleting the statement about Vox's degeneration timer being "fixed" or fixing the timer itself
    Considering the recent trends from kabam it's highly likely that they will just edit the statement and get rid of the word fixed
    Wolf911 said:

M1rtl3 said:

Considering the recent trends from kabam it's highly likely that they will just edit the statement and get rid of the word fixed
    And this is really upseting. Because it's very unique mechanic, they even made this window for clarification, so it means something for someone. I really hope they'll fix that
    M1rtl3 said:

So actually you can prolong duration of degenerations. I was able to do it in 7.3.1 with Entropic Impairment. So i think buffs in incursion will work as well
    Well that's interesting, then I'm wrong in my theory, and Kabams logic wins again(?)
    edited January 10
    I can only show decreased timer of degenerations because of the limitations but still it should be something
    (I'm pretty sure that's not fixed 13 seconds)
  • Drago_von_DragoDrago_von_Drago Member Posts: 788 ★★★★
    Hopefully someone can pass this on so we can find out if it is a bug or if “fixed” means something we are all missing.

Hopefully someone can pass this on so we can find out if it is a bug or if “fixed” means something we are all missing.

Are there some ways to tag developers?
    Thanks)
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,351 Guardian
    M1rtl3 said:

So entropic impairment is apparently a bug with Vox and shouldn't be increasing the duration of his degens. I'm also 90% sure the incursion duration boosting ones don't work because I tried Vox out there myself last month and didn't notice a difference.

I think champions like Karnak, groot, angela, and rogue making them shorter is likely working as intended, but idk.
    Pikolu said:

M1rtl3 said:

So entropic impairment is apparently a bug with Vox and shouldn't be increasing the duration of his degens. I'm also 90% sure the incursion duration boosting ones don't work because I tried Vox out there myself last month and didn't notice a difference.

I think champions like Karnak, groot, angela, and rogue making them shorter is likely working as intended, but idk.
    Understood, thanks for clarification
    Pikolu said:

M1rtl3 said:

So what is the point of stating the duration is fixed if opponents can still reduce it? Seems like they went out of their way to say something, I’m just not clear what.

Pikolu said:

M1rtl3 said:

So what is the point of stating the duration is fixed if opponents can still reduce it? Seems like they went out of their way to say something, I’m just not clear what.
    That might be a bug, but the designer isn't on atm so we don't know if that is intended or not. If it isn't intended, then free Vox buff :)
  • Viper198787Viper198787 Member Posts: 582 ★★★★
    Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

M1rtl3 said:

That might be a bug, but the designer isn't on atm so we don't know if that is intended or not. If it isn't intended, then free Vox buff :)
    If that’s the case would that also mean that debuff shruggers shouldn’t be able to interact with them either? It should last for 13 seconds on them as well? Or is that another interaction entirely since it doesn’t affect duration but just whether or not it sticks?

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

M1rtl3 said:

If that’s the case would that also mean that debuff shruggers shouldn’t be able to interact with them either? It should last for 13 seconds on them as well? Or is that another interaction entirely since it doesn’t affect duration but just whether or not it sticks?
    No, duration unable to change doesn't affect shruggers or debuff immunes in the slightest.
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,825 ★★★★★

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

M1rtl3 said:

No: debuff shruggers don't affect the duration of debuffs - they just remove them completely.

Vox's 'Fixed' duration for his debuffs sounds like it's describing the duration equivalent of an ability which 'scales with base Attack only'.

Those abilities which 'scale with Base Attack only' aren't increased or decreased by nodes, buffs or debuffs which affect the champion's Attack rating; but they're still susceptible to the opponents defences (Resistances, or Thing's Sig ability which reduces damage from all sources).
    Yeah sometimes I get a little tripped up with all the interactions but I figured my latter comment was probably more accurate. That would make him top tier if he got to just bypass debuff shruggers.

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

M1rtl3 said:

No: debuff shruggers don't affect the duration of debuffs - they just remove them completely.

Vox's 'Fixed' duration for his debuffs sounds like it's describing the duration equivalent of an ability which 'scales with base Attack only'.

Those abilities which 'scale with Base Attack only' aren't increased or decreased by nodes, buffs or debuffs which affect the champion's Attack rating; but they're still susceptible to the opponents defences (Resistances, or Thing's Sig ability which reduces damage from all sources).
    That makes some sense. I haven’t played with Vox at all. Would extending the already very long duration make him somehow over powered? It looks like it impacts his rotation more than his damage?

I wonder what the need was to specify the fixed duration if it is only a cap and doesn’t prevent reductions.

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

M1rtl3 said:

That makes some sense. I haven’t played with Vox at all. Would extending the already very long duration make him somehow over powered? It looks like it impacts his rotation more than his damage?

I wonder what the need was to specify the fixed duration if it is only a cap and doesn’t prevent reductions.
    I would say yes. If there was a way to extend his degen, his value would skyrocket. That’s probably why they gave it to him but as an sig ability. It’s definitely nice to have but they’ve restricted it more than Kate’s pause simply because the degens get stronger and stronger the longer they last. And another effect of his sig is that he can make them more potent with his scythe attacks. At the tail end of the degen he’s already doing a ton of damage. So pausing them even for 2 seconds is a significant amount of damage.

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

M1rtl3 said:

You've got a point but I still think giving him immunity to debuff reduction at least for nodes sounds fair for me. Because it's not innate ability and it's another way to say decrease timer for debuffs. Also I want to point that in deep dive for onslaught stated that kravens abilities changes the duration of debuffs, so this kind of abilities shouldn't been able to modify durations. Or maybe I just really wanna vox buff and I'm shoehorning.
    edited January 11
    M1rtl3 said:

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

M1rtl3 said:

You've got a point but I still think giving him immunity to debuff reduction at least for nodes sounds fair for me. Because it's not innate ability and it's another way to say decrease timer for debuffs. Also I want to point that in deep dive for onslaught stated that kravens abilities changes the duration of debuffs, so this kind of abilities shouldn't been able to modify durations. Or maybe I just really wanna vox buff and I'm shoehorning.
    I thought about this once more and maybe vox's abilities should work like ability accuracy reduction immunity such as archangel's? It'll make most sense in this case
    It would be nice to get some clarification on what “fixed” does and doesn’t protect against, for Vox and any future champs with similar kit language.
    Pikolu said:

M1rtl3 said:

So apparently there's more bugs with nodes. I tried debuff upgrade - degeneration an incursion buff which increases degeneration timer and it works. Later I'll try to post proof
    edited January 13
    I hope this will work and help get the situation with Vox's degen timer https://youtube.com/watch?v=fnLAEKkfqs4