Options

Best Options For The Deathless King Groot Piece?

ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,394 ★★★★★
I'm sure someone has already no-lifed the living hell out of the TB EQ and Paragon Gauntlet lol so, does anyone know the best options?
So far I've only done the first quest, Masacre solos that Luke Cage easily but I haven't done the rest and my only two other r3 and r4 options are Abs Man and Weapon X can I do it with these three?
I have Hit-Monkey and Domino as well but they aren't ranked up, would they be better options?

Comments

• Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,699 Guardian
    Nebula solos hood easy, Crossbones solos Luke Cage and whoever the third person is. That's all I've done so far.
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,211 ★★★★★
    edited January 11
    Oops, wrong challenge I initially posted. I used

• Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,561 ★★★★★
    For the merc challenge my main issue was bullseye just being a pain with his bleeds as its a pain on how to do it but my team was luke masacre weapon x luke did well on the hood and white tiger masacre done luke and mister neg then it took 1 team revive on bullseye really dislike the node hes on with crits
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

Nebula solos hood easy, Crossbones solos Luke Cage and whoever the third person is. That's all I've done so far.

I do have a Nebula, let me know if she's useful for other bosses, might rank her up too.
  • Options

Team I used: kingpin r4, torch r5, fury r5 ascended
    Luke Cage: Kingpin r4 [spam sp1 to help stop indestructible debuff, purifies debuffs from node]
    Hood: Fury r5 ascended if Hood throws a sp2, you can still use the striker to transfer bane while he's invisbile. Fury second life helps if you get clipped [could also use torch to not worry about falter]

node switch out kingpin for Wags
    Daredevil: Wags prefight, Fury
    Mister Negative: Wags prefight, Fury

node switch: wags for Bishop r2
    White Tiger: Torch prefight, then die at 15% because I haven't her kit and she goes indestructible /unstoppable/ something [or could be form the nodes], finish with fury
    Bullseye: PBishop, build prowess to 30+ to sp1, repeat,

Oh I'd have no issues doing it with regular champs, it's the #mercenary thing for the Deathless King Groot piece that makes it a bit tricky.
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,066 ★★★★★

Luke Cage: Kingpin r4 [spam sp1 to help stop indestructible debuff, purifies debuffs from node]
    Hood: Fury r5 ascended if Hood throws a sp2, you can still use the striker to transfer bane while he's invisbile. Fury second life helps if you get clipped [could also use torch to not worry about falter]

White Tiger: Torch prefight, then die at 15% because I haven't her kit and she goes indestructible /unstoppable/ something [or could be form the nodes], finish with fury

Think they’re talking about the challenge you need to do with only mercs
  • Options
    Bendy said:

For the merc challenge my main issue was bullseye just being a pain with his bleeds as its a pain on how to do it but my team was luke masacre weapon x luke did well on the hood and white tiger masacre done luke and mister neg then it took 1 team revive on bullseye really dislike the node hes on with crits

Yeah that's the main thing I'm worried about, Bullseye. Who would you say was better for him? Weapon X or Masacre?
  • Options
    edited January 11

Bendy said:

Yeah that's the main thing I'm worried about, Bullseye. Who would you say was better for him? Weapon X or Masacre?
    It depends how u play but with mutants getting the crits on sp1 i felt weapon x did most the work but i think both was good cant really say on who was better as i suck against bullseye

Edit: also to add my mercs aint r4 so i had to do it with r3s didnt have even a 7 merc aka domino
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,211 ★★★★★
    edited January 11

Oh I'd have no issues doing it with regular champs, it's the #mercenary thing for the Deathless King Groot piece that makes it a bit tricky.
    Oops, wrong challenge I initially posted. I used Hit Monkey r4, Domino r1, and Nebula r3. All boosted.

Cage: Domino,
    Hood: Domino
    Daredevil: Domino
    Negative: Hit Monkey
    White Tiger: Nebula, Hit Monkey
    Bullseyes: Domino [parry heavy, fire sp1] I did heal up before the fight
  • Options
    MᗅՏᗅCREMᗅՏᗅCRE Posts: 160 ★★
    I did almost everything with r5 ascended Absorbing man but DDHK and Bullseye with r1 Domino. The other champion I brought was r3 6 star domino that I didnt use.
  • Options
    Wolf911Wolf911 Posts: 157
    abs man is #Mercenary

he can do luke cage, ddhk, mr. negative, white tiger easily

(i used abs man for white tiger even in tb eq exploration)

domino can do bullseye

they can handle hood as well

just take nebula or hit monkey or bwdo or xbones for third spot
  • Options
    DamageFactionDamageFaction Posts: 60
    I used my r5 Hit Monkey, r5 Gwenpool and r4 BWDO.

Luke Cage, DareDevil, White Tiger were one shots with HM and Gwen got the Hood. Black Widow and Gwen died on Mr Negative and need HM to finish him off. I used HM for Bullseye too but it took a couple of revives.
  • Options
    Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,626 ★★★★★
    7*r1 domino, R3 hit monkey and sabertooth for domino synergy to increase lucky chance. Hit monkey did luke cage and mister negative solo and helped with white tigra till 15% then went in and cleaned up with domino. Domino did the rest solo outside bullseye one revive.
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies everyone, I see a lot of Domino mentions so I guess she's going to r3 at least (unless Crypt rewards bless me), Nebula too. Cheers.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,115 ★★★★★
    Guys does domino and abs man work for the quest? I have them at high rank, so i might use them instead of Ranking up another champ.
  • Options
    Adrianz1Adrianz1 Posts: 58
    Unrelated but do we only get the 100 t2 dust along with the piece this month?
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,115 ★★★★★
    Adrianz1 said:

Unrelated but do we only get the 100 t2 dust along with the piece this month?

There is another 100 dust on side quest threat lvl 5
  • Options
    Sw0rdMasterSw0rdMaster Posts: 1,735 ★★★★
  • Options
    Nope but that's really helpful, I tried looking up videos last night but couldn't find any. Appreciate it, thanks!
  • Options
    G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,447 ★★★★
    edited January 11
    “Effortless”

Goes in with R5 Ascended Abs-Man…

Personally, I’m screwed, my Roster isn’t necessarily stacked with #Mercenary champs… 5* Domino will have to do some heavy lifting! Any tips are appreciated…

(Sorry for double-posting)
  • Options
    I did expect domino be best option i hate not having a domino as a 6 or 7 but im ok with what it took me due to bullseye
  • Options
    edited January 11
    Update: Masacre can do Hood easily too, so that's 2/6, let's see if he can do the rest.
    My Masacre isn't even high rank btw, r3.
  • Options
    Dfour24Dfour24 Posts: 71
    I went in with 6r3 bwdo, 6r3 domino and 6r4 absman. Bwdo did Luke mr negative easy. Domino did hood, ddhk, White tiger and bullseye fine. Absman was used for some clean up. Wasn't bad.
  • Options
    mbracembrace Posts: 831 ★★★
    Domino, Weapon X, Bullseye, and Abs Man.
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,054 ★★★
    Wolf911 said:

abs man is #Mercenary

he can do luke cage, ddhk, mr. negative, white tiger easily

(i used abs man for white tiger even in tb eq exploration)

domino can do bullseye

they can handle hood as well

just take nebula or hit monkey or bwdo or xbones for third spot

Sweet, that's the team of 3 I was going to have to use. AbsMan, Domino, and HM or BWDO. Luckily Abs is 6r5 ascended, and Domino is r4. The other 2 are still only r3.
  • Options
    Update: DDHK and Negative soloed with r3 Masacre too, 4/6.
  • Options
    AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,294 ★★★★★
    Domino
    Monkey
    BWDO
    No revives, no health needed
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,494 ★★★★
    Just use whomever. If you have to use a few revives who cares. They have sub 300k health pools.
  • Options

Just use whomever. If you have to use a few revives who cares. They have sub 300k health pools.

I need those revives for Necropolis lol
  • Options
    Update: alright finished EQ, Masacre soloed everyone... Everyone but Bullseye, that guy was a pain BUT I managed to kill him in two tries with Weapon X (he seems like a great counter and his regen helps A LOT) so I'm just gonna boost up and go in with those two lol.