**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Why limit the BGs metas with the stupid tags?

Phantomfire500Phantomfire500 Posts: 227 β˜…β˜…
Why can't we just have attacker buffs broadly apply, even (or especially) if they are niche like the current ones? In VT half the offensive DOT champs don't even function because of polkadot power, and basically every incinerate and poison champ I have in GC randomly can't utilise the buff for no reason. AA/Tigra/Torch are stronger than ever, meanwhile the lines between Offensive Burst and DOT are massively blurred: in what world are Rintrah and Warlock offensive DOT champs but Longshot, Bishop and Spot aren't?
Β«1

Comments

• Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,739 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

• Options

The Vicious passives that only Offensive DOT champs for some reason in BGs because of the attacker buffs
  • Options

The Vicious passives that only Offensive DOT champs for some reason in BGs because of the attacker buffs
    So you got a few champs that get buffed...and its not because of the Polka dot, its cause they don't take dmg unless its from a special...its the other node...
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,319 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Spot and Longshot both work regardless.. Lmao
  • Options
    CaptainaidenCaptainaiden Posts: 796 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    No, it's genius not stupid
  • Options
    edited January 15

So you got a few champs that get buffed...and its not because of the Polka dot, its cause they don't take dmg unless its from a special...its the other node...
    You just clearly don't know what you're talking about. Kate/Vox/Rintrah/Maybe Mags would take names with no Polka dot power, and Void, Kate, Mags, Zemo, and a bunch of others are completely power locked because they can't get DOTs from basics. Meanwhile literally nobody except Tigra and possibly WW prefer Polka dot to not having it.

But like I said, I've made GC this season, and you've missed the point entirely
  • Options

But they should work better, and it's stupid they don't.
  • Options
    CaptainaidenCaptainaiden Posts: 796 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    without vicious and offensive hastag, you still can win right?
  • Options
    edited January 15

You just clearly don't know what you're talking about. Kate/Vox/Rintrah/Maybe Mags would take names with no Polka dot power, and Void, Kate, Mags, Zemo, and a bunch of others are completely power locked because they can't get DOTs from basics. Meanwhile literally nobody except Tigra and possibly WW prefer Polka dot to not having it.

Noo really?..
    Wow you discovered how a node works...
    I guess Joe Fix it is out too omg . What a discovery...
    That's the whole point of the node ..
    Dang god forbid someone uses an immune defender, that would make it unplayable!!
  • Options

The goal of metas like this one isn't to make every champ op, it's to stop the usual nukes from being used. Certain champs being op is something that unfortunately will happen when they create metas like this one but just because they are ridiculously op doesn't mean everyone else who benefits from the attacker buff should be too that would just make the meta extremely boring imo. Longshot and Spot absolutely don't need more damage for this meta.
  • Options

without vicious and offensive hastag, you still can win right?

You can still win fights with Tigra and Wiccan after they changed adamant axiom to force of will, but that doesn't make the change ok or mean they function anywhere near as well as they should.
  • Options
    edited January 15

The goal of metas like this one isn't to make every champ op, it's to stop the usual nukes from being used. Certain champs being op is something that unfortunately will happen when they create metas like this one but just because they are ridiculously op doesn't mean everyone else who benefits from the attacker buff should be too that would just make the meta extremely boring imo. Longshot and Spot absolutely don't need more damage for this meta.
    Which is why I made sure to mention that Tigra, AA and Torch (like, the 3 staple nukes) are stronger than ever. There's no "balance" or "diversity" concerns to it, and it's hilarious that you're suggesting the strongest DOT champs aren't tagged as DOT champs because that would be OP.
  • Options
    edited January 15

Noo really?..
    Dang god forbid someone uses an immune defender, that would make it unplayable!!
    I wouldn't know. Like I said, I'm in GC on account of me not being a scrub. Joey probably works alright up here.

Joey is different in that he doesn't have exclusive access to a buff in a meta he doesn't function in.
  • Options

Which is why I made sure to mention that Tigra, AA and Torch are stronger than ever. There's no "balance" concerns to it, and it's hilarious that you're suggesting the strongest DOT champs aren't tagged as DOT champs because that's OP.
    Did you read anything I typed or you're just a little slow in general? I said the reason they shouldn't benefit is because the goal isn't to make champs op in general, it's to shut down the og nukes. Certain champs being op as a result of this is just collateral damage, you're screaming in an echo chamber right now mate.
  • Options

Noo really?..
    I wouldn't know. Like I said, I'm in GC on account of me not being a scrub. Joey probably works alright up here.

Joey is different in that he doesn't have exclusive access to a buff in a meta he doesn't function in.
    Rofl great job you made it to GC..
    πŸͺ
    Joe doesnt have access to a dot without specials...
    Such a big deal...
    Having to compose a deck based on 2 nodes is hard πŸ˜”
  • Options

Which is why I made sure to mention that Tigra, AA and Torch are stronger than ever. There's no "balance" concerns to it, and it's hilarious that you're suggesting the strongest DOT champs aren't tagged as DOT champs because that's OP.
    Did you read anything I typed or you're just a little slow in general? I said the reason they shouldn't benefit is because the goal isn't to make champs op in general, it's to shut down the og nukes. Certain champs being op as a result of this is just collateral damage, you're screaming in an echo chamber right now mate.
    Who are "the OG nukes"? (Hint: they start with "T" and end with "orch, Tigra and Archangel)
  • Options

Noo really?..

πŸͺ
    Such a big deal...
    I think the guy is just mad that he doesn't have a developed enough roster, what a shame lol.
  • Options

Who are "the OG nukes"? (Hint: they start with "T" and end with "orch, Tigra and Archangel)
    Wow I didn't know the only og nukes in the game were those three. I guess last meta people were playing with those three attackers alone and nobody else cause the other nukes in the game aren't really nukes.
  • Options

Noo really?..

πŸͺ
    Such a big deal...
    I think the guy is just mad that he doesn't have a developed enough roster, what a shame lol.
    Its playing around 2 nodes .. of course some champs will work some won't, not sure what he is yapping about... Specially when he is in GC and there is like 8 days left on this season...
  • Options
    edited January 15

Wow I didn't know the only og nukes in the game were those three. I guess last meta people were playing with those three attackers alone and nobody else cause the other nukes in the game aren't really nukes.
    >Says "OG nukes"
    >Complains when I give the top 3 staple nukes since the start of BGs.

Sure, Kate exists now, but she didn't a year ago when BGs was released. All of KT1's top 5 attackers from his year old tier list work in VT meta, and only 2 of his top 10 are unusable.
  • Options

Noo really?..

πŸͺ
    Such a big deal...
    No Polka dot power in GC this meta Mr smart man. No prizes for guessing where you aren't.

Noo really?..

πŸͺ
    Such a big deal...
    Its playing around 2 nodes .. of course some champs will work some won't, not sure what he is yapping about... Specially when he is in GC and there is like 8 days left on this season...
    Hence me saying you've missed the point entirely.
  • Options
    edited January 15

>Says "OG nukes"

Sure, Kate exists now, but she didn't a year ago when BGs was released. All of KT1's top 5 attackers from his year old tier list work in VT meta, and only 2 of his top 10 are unusable.
    Like I said, that's just collateral damage, it's unfortunate but it is what it is. They can't shut down every single nuke without changing tags and making an even bigger mess in this case.
    Also, nobody here is complaining besides you lol your whole post is full copium.
  • Options
    edited January 15

Noo really?..

πŸͺ
    Such a big deal...
    No Polka dot power in GC this meta Mr smart man. No prizes for guessing where you aren't.

Noo really?..

πŸͺ
    Such a big deal...
    Dude i have been in GC for a week... You complaining right now makes me wonder if you just made into GC... 🀷
    And you made the post about VT and the tags and then GC.... Not me I am perfectly fine with it..
    I can see the heavy load of having to compose a deck for both VT and GC with that mentality you got... You know being you are not a scrub and all 🀣
    Here have a cookie πŸͺ

Sorry if I can't get your point, its hard to decipher behind all the whinning and all.
  • Options

Noo really?..

πŸͺ
    Such a big deal...

Noo really?..

πŸͺ
    Such a big deal...
    Dude i have been in GC for a week... You complaining right now makes me wonder if you just made into GC... 🀷
    And you made the post about VT and the tags and then GC.... Not me I am perfectly fine with it..
    I can see the heavy load of having to compose a deck for both VT and GC with that mentality you got... You know being you are not a scrub and all 🀣
    Here have a cookie πŸͺ

Sorry if I can't get your point, its hard to decipher behind all the whinning and all.
    Well you obviously haven't played the new meta, and DOTs were more of a means to an end than an actual source of damage in the previous. You're commenting on an issue you have 0 experience with.

I'm up for a BGs friendly if you want to prove it's a skill issue though.
  • Options
    edited January 15

Noo really?..

πŸͺ
    Such a big deal...

Noo really?..

πŸͺ
    Such a big deal...
    Here have a cookie πŸͺ

Well you obviously haven't played the new meta, and DOTs were more of a means to an end than an actual source of damage in the previous. You're commenting on an issue you have 0 experience with.

I'm up for a BGs friendly if you want to prove it's a skill issue though.
    I didnt say it was a skill issue you dumbo, you are the one calling people scrubs and what not🀣
    Its a whinning issue..
    You were the one crying about VT and the Polka dot and then GC without the polka dot..
    You make a lot of assumptions, call people scrubs lol. Meanwhile you are the one bothered by the interaction of 2 nodes...
    Hmmm yeah have a cookie dude πŸͺ
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,683 Guardian

If you're in GC, then you know that you're not facing polkadot anymore. Vox actually is a beast rn in the GC safeguard meta. You'd also know that tigra is useless as heck in this GC meta too.
  • Options

>Says "OG nukes"

Like I said, that's just collateral damage, it's unfortunate but it is what it is. They can't shut down every single nuke without changing tags and making an even bigger mess in this case.
    Also, nobody here is complaining besides you lol your whole post is full copium.
    I'd agree if you could filter by Defensive:Guard and point out the OP nuke.
  • Options
    edited January 15
    Pikolu said:

If you're in GC, then you know that you're not facing polkadot anymore. Vox actually is a beast rn in the GC safeguard meta. You'd also know that tigra is useless as heck in this GC meta too.
    Yeah, but she wasn't meant to be until the last minute node change.

Polkadot was just an offhand comment about how a bunch of the tagged champs are still unusable in VT, the main point is that a bunch of DOT champs are just arbitrarily worse than others because a bunch of champs (some with virtually 0 actual DOTs; Void only gets them 50% of the time from his SP2 stings and that's his only source) have been decreed the only DOT champs

It wouldn't be an issue if champs were properly tagged; why do there exist champion not tagged as DOT that would be markedly better if their DOT effects were improved?
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,035 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    To boil it down, the issue here is that some champions benefit from a secondary node and others do not, right? That secondary node does not provide any utility or counterplay to the node beyond what a champ already has, just additional damage.

I do not see why this is a problem. You specifically mentioned three champions who, in your opinion, gain an outsized benefit from this node. Luckily, you are afforded three bans which you could use to remove them from the playing field. For example, I leave Archangel out of my deck and ban him whenever I see him.

The node encourages the use of certain champions to take most advantage of it. That’s what metas do. You can choose to rank champions who benefit from it to increase their damage output, potentially earning you more points, or you can ignore it completely. If it applied to all attacking champs, it would serve no purpose.
  • Options
    Wicket329 said:

To boil it down, the issue here is that some champions benefit from a secondary node and others do not, right? That secondary node does not provide any utility or counterplay to the node beyond what a champ already has, just additional damage.

I do not see why this is a problem. You specifically mentioned three champions who, in your opinion, gain an outsized benefit from this node. Luckily, you are afforded three bans which you could use to remove them from the playing field. For example, I leave Archangel out of my deck and ban him whenever I see him.

The node encourages the use of certain champions to take most advantage of it. That’s what metas do. You can choose to rank champions who benefit from it to increase their damage output, potentially earning you more points, or you can ignore it completely. If it applied to all attacking champs, it would serve no purpose.

If you ban him every time you see him, why leave him out of your deck? Worst case scenario with him in deck you see him, ban him and you're drafting from 26 which means you're more likely to see your top champs. Every matchup against someone with no AA you also have a chance to see him rather than the worst thing that was in your deck that you've replaced him with. Unless you have nothing in your deck you never draft, having something you never draft and often ban is better.

I have no issue with how good AA, Tigra and Torch are. The last minute GC node change kneecapped Tigra, and the other 2 aren't really oppressive. They were just some examples of top tier, evergreen nukes that fit (or were supposed to fit) the meta super well to try to head off some of the excuses that it's for balance or diversity or what have you.

You say it wouldn't matter if it applied to all champs, but that's where you're wrong; Hulking gets nothing out of stronger DOTs, Kingpin doesn't care, and The Hood's damage with and without is virtually indistinguishable in a BGs context. Only champions with strong DOT effects (the ones that should absolutely be tagged as DOT champs) would be affected. Why artificially limit the meta with loosely defined tags that had no relevance when they were designed, and seldom accurately describe how a champ is played?