**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Mastering Act 6: Breaker of Thrones (Part 1) - Think I need a Sledgehammer.

winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,795 ★★★★★

It has been 587 days since 8 June 2022. On that day, Act 6: Rebirth was “re-released”. The energy cost per step reduction was (for me) a very significant change.

Even so, I was in no hurry to revisit this story quest. The scar from the fight against The Champion lingers long and not forgetting the dreaded No Retreat global effects.

This one Summoner who made what is now possible to be the quickest Paragon speedrun record attempt inspired me to think "What if …."

I had recently acquired the 200th 5-Star champ and spun a third brand new 7-Star (I realised; all three are #Villain). Thinking I should have the relevant champ counter/(s), I took the plunge …into A Father’s Concern. How interesting, the global effect is Long Distance Relationship.

As I write this, made me think of my relationship with my dad …

On the linked nodes, I think and subject to availability of champ counter/(s), the pairing of Dismay – 4 with Prove Yourself remains challenging.

And there is Coward. It is like a Quake simulation gameplay?
Whenever the Attacker enters into a Block, they deal 1% of the Defender’s Max Health as direct damage to the Defender. Damage done to the Defender is capped at 1%. All of the Defender’s attacks are Unblockable.

Finally, there is Nightcrawler with Spry, Gassed and Stun Immunity augmented by Aggression: Fury and Aggression: Regeneration, unless Thor (Jane Foster) was removed.

Did I forget to bring Iceman?

Comments

• Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,619 ★★★★
    As poetic as ever, I see. Still, well done for mustering up the willpower to attempt to acquire a title that Kabam has all but forgotten about.
  • Options
    Pieces in Play

I soon realised this Sledgehammer had only a two-issue run.

Will this be a two-post run [apparently yapping is not good] and heading into Oblivion? Feels like my ambition to master this Act is dying before it even gets going.

Of the remaining five boss fights, Loki seems like fair game as I have a Human Torch.
    Global effect is Close Encounters. Stay close to the defender else, fight ends shortly after 33.3 seconds.

And there was Kang and I needed Hercules’ immortality to save my skin … :s:s
    Staying close to Kang means building up his power meter fast. He was not throwing special and my attacker was taking direct damage when far away from the defender.

Even with Vision, too much damage and risk of KO. There is still a Bishop with All Or Nothing on down the line.

Clearly this is a serious lack of skill (git gud) issue. Should I take up Ghost Rider and Stark Spidey to synergise with Blade? Can I use Dr Voodoo?

Then I found this.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H6ZRC3IOnM

Hyperion can tank special 3? I don't even know how to read. :'(:'(
    With this new knowledge, I live to fight another day.

Follow-up
    Was there a subtle hint in that issue #2 to help on dealing with Pharaoh of the Ages?
    Will champs with Stun-Lock work? Or one with high damage?
    I should try it sometime …

• Options
    Worlds of Potential
    Global effect: Special Delivery + Combo Party

Ultron Classic

Terrorises all Summoners wanting to be crowned Cavalier. Separates the wheat from the chaff, with many proving a 2-Star Loki is just as good. Can the offspring of Scarlet Witch really cheese this fight?

Available only in-game as a 5-Star and can be won through a gruelling 45 fights + 7 against the Boss.

Can I do it one day?

In my alt account world, I struggled fighting against this champ in Act 5.4.6.
    Augmented with Impart
    At the start of the fight, Ultron gains a random deactivated Fury, Armor Up, Power Gain or Regeneration Buff that will change every 7.50 seconds. When the opponent inflicts a Debuff, Ultron activates or refreshes the current Buff,
    this fight can cause damage to some mobile device and also the wall it lands on.

Even with an awakened Void, Ultron charges in without backing off. My muscle memory causes Parry and Ultron unleashes special 3. How can I pick up the revive if I can’t clear the boss? Oh wait, they don’t pop anymore.

The nodes in this boss fight was Spry, E.M.P. Modification, Backup Recover -3 and Spite.
    Ah … gameplay with Parry can now make a comeback and with a bonus of Choice Nodes (for me, it is the second most important #nerf impact benefit after energy cost reduction).

I have two Magnetos but there is also an Electro to think about. The rebellion continues.

• Options
    Birthright
    Global effect: Hurt Locker

After obtaining the Uncollected title, it took me a long time, and many tries to just get past Black Panther (Civil War) in Act 5.3.1. Pre-Nerf, that chapter reduces the attack values of all classes except Mystic. Now, post-Nerf, that BP(CW) was removed.

So, on seeing this champ at the starting quest gate, brought back memories of getting many Stun reflections and bleeding like crazy.

Meanwhile, Red Skull became all powerful and had to be nerfed. Viv Vision came in instead.

By now, I have a good roster of #Psychic Shielding champs and can counter Delirium. Would it be better if I learn how to deal with reverse controls?

Detouring a little, with the increasing complexity of champion interactions plus nodes and everything else, does Buffed Up works with Power Draw? Can a champion with less than three buffs gain a buff if Power Draw is present?

I don’t see any replies from the Moderator in this thread, so I guess, I won’t find out soon. I have Angela and Heimdall and that clears the path.

Finally, the boss Sentinel. As I have the most “broken” champ that game developer is thinking of applying a nerf, so there is nothing more to be said.
  • Options
    SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★
    damn u got hella units, have u rolled through necro yet? It should be cake with that many units u have
  • Options

damn u got hella units, have u rolled through necro yet? It should be cake with that many units u have

I am stuck at Gwenmaster. :(
  • Options
    The Only Game in Town
    Global effect: Power Struggle

The Only Game in Town has three different nodes taking off health from your champion,
    a/ Incinerate 30
    b/ Poison
    c/ Shock 60
    unless you have the right counter to each of them or there is a synergy to mitigate the damage.

Can
    (probably one of the early suggestions to mitigate the unavoidable damage of Coldsnap Debuff when Iceman was released) slows the damage although it works only with a Science class champ?

And there is Willpower.
    Till I ran this chapter, I did not know that the node damage works on the champion’s base health (is this design intentional?). So, after the timer is up, all that healing from Willpower can carry your champion a bit longer in the fight. Yeah … noob here.

I had lots of problems with
    i/ same old Ultron Classic

Turning to “trusted” Google and Youtube, I can see Void being used but he has evaded being collected thus far. In desperation, I turned to both Magnetos again. Can Mephisto work here?

and
    ii/ Red Hulk regenerating 1% Health permanently

Tackling Red Hulk, is really both skill and champion abilities knowledge.
    https://youtu.be/yRUS7VKhSqw?feature=shared

Since I still need to git gud doing it, I turned to a versatile assassin. Barely managed to get past Thunderbolt Ross, I decided to take the champ to rank 4 at the expense of Kitty, ouch. Ooh ahh ah ah, ook ooh ah ooh. Ook ah! Ook eek oh ohh.

With Power Struggle, is there a possibility of reaching two bars of power and safely using it without the opponent reaching special 3? Another great tip here
    https://youtu.be/CLcuAc20xwo?feature=shared

In my maiden run, @phillgreen gave me a strategy tip. Unfortunately, that champ I used then is still today sitting at rank 4.

Lastly, there is a Rhino. The way to win is to let him hit you. 😉

• Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,113 ★★★★

Really???
  • Options

Really???
    I saw the phase 1 reverse control on special 1 and did not want to revive through that entire phase. No confidence.
  • Options
    Tentative Steps
    Global effect: No Retreat

I am somewhat drawn to the nostalgia for the early MCOC days.
    When I attempted Act 4.3.3 and facing Juggernaut, he was already the nerfed version. The original guy had Poison

and Slashed Tires

5-Star champions were just released some two months prior and most Summoners brought 4-Star into this fight.
    Brutal and often a war of attrition.

Fast forward to Act 6.1, I read the beta version of No Retreat was without timer. Shudders!

Even with the “nerfed” release version, for any Summoner coming out from Act 5 completion and with 5-Star champion restriction, this node was a challenge. However, with the evolving game economy, 6-Star champion is easily obtainable by lower progression tiers, and it certainly makes the playing ground a little more even.

As my roster had grown a little and having pick up some skills here and there, I must say, the chapter (which was albeit itself nerfed) does not feel so daunting.

I still need to be careful with Moon Knight’s evade and Green Goblin’s special 2 (somehow, I find it tough to avoid being clipped). And I have Nimrod against the boss.

Epilogue
    I wish there was a way for me to obtain some data on each fight all at one go, instead of taking it screenshot by screenshot. In the midst of frenzy fighting, I often forget to track all these stats.

Clearly, Hit-Monkey was MVP, bleed or bleed-immune.

Next Up: