**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Raid Maestro help

LpooLpoo Posts: 2,215 ★★★★★
I apologize for noobness. Our alliance has made some really good progress against kang and thanos, but we’re struggling to do much damage to maestro. Personally, I’m finding that I’m taking a ton of block damage trying to bait heavies and punishing specials isn’t getting me to 50 raid fervor within 3 minutes. Any tips for us?

Comments

• Options
    Kingering_KingKingering_King Posts: 287
    Kinda same here :neutral:
  • Options
    Wong_98Wong_98 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    We got through Kang easy, but are struggling with Maestro
  • Options
    ShuGokisShuGokis Posts: 410 ★★★
    edited January 16
    You're not the only one friend, We got through Kang just fine as the first boss but Maestro being the second with Fury and Pierce is not a fun combo. What is worse is he is apparently even more awful if he is the last fight on your path..

I do hope for when this comes around in 4 weeks time they do something about it.
  • Options
    FinalfurykFinalfuryk Posts: 173 ★★
    So took him down without too many problems on the first fight. A couple of tips for him.

-SP1 is his biggest issue. He will degen you if the last beam makes contact. If he fires a SP 1, it is way easier to block the first three hits and dex the last hit even with pierce.

-Push him to SP 2 if possible as it is very easy to back off and punish. His SP 2 has bad range.

-If your health can allow it, put up a block and dex when he throws the heavy. There is a bit of a wind up on the hit so it isn't too hard to do.

Managed to take him down with a couple of expiring revives with my Titania as I could trigger her invulnerability at the the start of a SP1 and just dex the last hit.

He is probably the trickiest of the three bosses in my opinion having not fought Kang yet. Pierce does not seem like fun with him though.
  • Options
    Lordtellox9Lordtellox9 Posts: 21
    Maestro pretty easy u can dex sp1 if your good with it the AI won’t do heavy for some reason it will complete a combo into your block dash back and do it again then do a heavy so u better off dex sp1 or sp2
  • Options

So took him down without too many problems on the first fight. A couple of tips for him.

-SP1 is his biggest issue. He will degen you if the last beam makes contact. If he fires a SP 1, it is way easier to block the first three hits and dex the last hit even with pierce.

-Push him to SP 2 if possible as it is very easy to back off and punish. His SP 2 has bad range.

-If your health can allow it, put up a block and dex when he throws the heavy. There is a bit of a wind up on the hit so it isn't too hard to do.

Managed to take him down with a couple of expiring revives with my Titania as I could trigger her invulnerability at the the start of a SP1 and just dex the last hit.

He is probably the trickiest of the three bosses in my opinion having not fought Kang yet. Pierce does not seem like fun with him though.

Most of this I have been trying, as well as letting my alliance who is taking part know, I try to dex all of special 1 so hearing that you can block the first 3 hits and only dex the last even with pierce is nice.
  • Options
    FinalfurykFinalfuryk Posts: 173 ★★
    You'll obviously take damage with pierce on but the big thing is making sure the last beam doesn't hit as it will degen 20 to 30% of your health every time. I don't have confidence in dexing every hit but the last one isn't too hard as there's a bit of a beat before he throws it.
  • Options
    Honestly maestro is the worst boss. His sp1 is very punishing if you don’t avoid it right and he hits very hard through block. Most I can say is push to sp2 and try to corner him and hit into block to make him
    Heavy
  • Options
    ZachMonsterZachMonster Posts: 41
    Half of the time when I punish him it dosent count. What am I doing wrong exactly? I either dext the heavy or special or he whiffs and I punish - yet I don't get the charge and the pointless dance continues until he screws me with some **** hit. Very frustrating as the fight it's self isn't hard.
  • Options

Half of the time when I punish him it dosent count. What am I doing wrong exactly? I either dext the heavy or special or he whiffs and I punish - yet I don't get the charge and the pointless dance continues until he screws me with some **** hit. Very frustrating as the fight it's self isn't hard.

I think you have to punish him the second the heavy or specials end. I can't say I have notice it not count but its hard to see while doing the challenges.
  • Options
    I do that. I actually have been getting pushed back from him I move in so fast, because it seems I wait any longer than the instant moment it's over it won't count for me. even then it's 50/50
  • Options

I do that. I actually have been getting pushed back from him I move in so fast, because it seems I wait any longer than the instant moment it's over it won't count for me. even then it's 50/50

I had this issue in the beta. I think the charge does increase but you don’t see a call out or something that acknowledges it. If you can send a video of it not working though I’ll get it looked into.
  • Options
    Send a video if you can for me! Plus you should be at 15, but do a before and after of your teammates charges for the fight. If one of them goes up after you went (after getting 7 I think) then it counted, but we would need to see some video or images to help.
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,979 ★★★★★

So revived healed up and went back in. Punished him 4 different times after - 1 heavy and 3 specials. NONE of them counted. So what exactly am I supposed to do here? I'm only at 15 of these damn charges and I must have punished atleast 50 different attacks. Looking more like a busted item grab than an actual fight at this point.

15 charges is the maximum, you won’t gain any more.
  • Options
    To OP: Without a video I can’t say for certain what’s happening to you, but it sounds like it’s most likely due to not properly increasing your Raid Fervor gain.

Take a look at what your Role Boost says, the first sentence will be about the condition that increases the amount of Role Fervor (this is the grey icon with the yellow fist) by 6 per objective completed. This is KEY. If you aren’t increasing your Fervor gain, getting to 50 is going to be a huge slog. Lean into the conditions of your boost to be able to hit the 30 Fervor-per-Objective cap. This means that it will only take 2 completions of your in fight Objective to complete a Mission, and you want to be getting 7 for your neighboring Role, plus you need to keep completing these to keep Role Force active. If you aren’t hitting 50 Fervor in the entire fight, this is likely your issue.
  • Options

It takes at least two punishers to complete an Objective, as you can only get 30 Fervor per Objective, and it takes 50 to convert to a Mission. If it is taking you a lot more than two objectives to do this, see my comment above about leaning into your Role Boost’s Fervor increaser.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the help and quick responses all!
  • Options
    BerjibsBerjibs Posts: 1,523 ★★★★
    2 of my champs are working well on him.

Silk makes the evade easy as you have the auto evade safety net. My 6r4a was doing 10% on just a few sp2s once ramped up.

Hyperion is also good as it’s very dependable to be able to push him to sp2 between all the powergain, relic and sp2 stun. Just parry at the start to build furies then top up with sp2/relic stuns and take no more chip damage. I wasn’t really baiting heavies tbh apart from right at the start. 3 parry heavies, couple of heavy bait and punish and he’s at sp2 and you’re fairly set from then on.
  • Options
    edited January 16
    Yea I keep getting clipped by the last part of that spl 1 and take serious degen 🫠 but I'm using titania
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 1,949 ★★★★
    edited January 17
    Yeah I'm hearing that the block damage is painful. Hopefully they address this soon and maybe tone it down.

For now, try to intercept or use someone who can commonly go unblockable like Adam or Nick Fury so that you don't have to risk an intercept. Or use someone who has a Miss. However one of the missions for Maestro requires blocking, so good luck
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,179 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Yeah I'm hearing that the block damage is painful. Hopefully they address this soon and maybe tone it down.

For now, try to intercept or use someone who can commonly go unblockable like Adam or Nick Fury so that you don't have to risk an intercept. Or use someone who has a Miss. However one of the missions for Maestro requires blocking, so good luck

Don't use fury, but the rest of the idea is sound.
  • Options
    DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,568 ★★★★
    The issue is probably not the maestro itself but the node itself causing the slow ramp-up for the charges. I can’t deal enough damage despite doing it right. The fight timer is simply too low for the charges to have enough time to build up by doing the requirement. Controlling the maestro AI is not in my control so I can’t really tell him to start acting more dumb.
  • Options
    psp742psp742 Posts: 2,316 ★★★★
    edited January 20
    Sad fact is not everyone has high level champions and are gonna spent unit to revive each time timer hits zero.. 3 minutes (or was it 5 minutes) isn't long enough and if your champion happens to hit damage cap.. defender gets 3 bars of power and insta death.. I took brunt off Kang and it cost me units.. I doubt most in alliance are gonna push against 7* Maestro.. I believe it would be cool if everyone had rank3 7* or 6* ascend rank5 and max sig champions.. but realistically speaking.. not everyone has that kind of account.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★

It takes at least two punishers to complete an Objective, as you can only get 30 Fervor per Objective, and it takes 50 to convert to a Mission. If it is taking you a lot more than two objectives to do this, see my comment above about leaning into your Role Boost’s Fervor increaser.
    Who are using for which role in Raids? For example, i have Tactician and am using Hulkling with the intercept hack that adds 6 fervor per buff (obviously, plays into Hulkling’s kit and synergies well with intercept missions).

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    DaddriedaDaddrieda Posts: 1,568 ★★★★
    Can we pllleeeeeaaassseee remove the passive pierce buff???
  • Options
    CHuck_fINACHuck_fINA Posts: 143
    The best way I've found to get charges is to 2 hit and instantly block to bait heavy. A lot of times he threw the heavy without bothering to hit into my block. Repeat until almost his first bar. Then go hard and try and push to sp2. A 6* relic will help with this because they fill up faster.
    The window to punish is pretty small so the closer you can stay to him, the better.
    If he fires the sp1, watch his blasting hand and time your dexes to that. If you're doing raids seriously, you likely also have a Maestro of your own from Necro (thanks for dying btw). Practice on him. If you can do it on him, you can do it on raid Maestro.
    Good luck to you all.