AQ - Prestige Impact on Rankings Changed? [under investigation]

pellepelle Member Posts: 1
edited January 16 in General Discussion
Hello everyone, I’m Falco70 from TCN, it’s been 3 weeks now that we can’t reach 1# in AQ.
We have the highest prestige of all alliance but it seems like it doesn’t matter anymore.
The last aq the alliance PBCY went 1# in aq and we are almost 3k higher in prestige…
What is happening?
@Kabam Miike
Did Kabam changed the rules to be first in aq?
Did kabam really made a so drastic changes without announcing them?
Please look into the problem and please give us an answer.
Post edited by Kabam Jax on

Comments

• BettaLucNxtTimeBettaLucNxtTime Member Posts: 167 ★★
    My alliance was ranked 8th in prestige going into this last aq cycle, but we placed 11th. We did not miss any nodes or tiles. With no clue as to why I emailed support and got this response:

Either there is some misunderstanding or they have changed the way aq ranks works? Since when does how long it takes to complete aq, or individual performances change your score? We were 200 prestige points above 10th place but placed behind them.
    @Kabam Miike would greatly appreciate some insight.
  • HaudraufwienixHaudraufwienix Member Posts: 13
    My alliance misses 13m points in the leaderboard and the support told me that’s right

5 minutes before the end, the points were displayed correctly
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,603 ★★★★★
    Is Kabam Boo still there? We miss boo
  • obsidimanobsidiman Member Posts: 936 ★★★
    My vote for most likely to respond...

I just don’t understand how we finished 4 spots lower than we should have and can’t get a straight answer besides “nothings wrong”. I didn’t know who to tag so I tagged every kabam tag that appeared 😂 @Pikolu @Haudraufwienix
    The support talking about finishing aq fast adds points when I’ve never heard that in my 6 years of playing mcoc. Just doesn’t make sense. It’s a whole bracket of rewards from 11—>8
  • Viper198787Viper198787 Member Posts: 592 ★★★★
    Looks like you have to listen to your name.
  • YigzzYigzz Member Posts: 38
    Since when do we need to buy energy refills to clear the map fastest in order to move up the leaderboard?
    Will the time it takes for alliances to finish the raid map be a factor in our score for raids as well? For example, do we need to finish raids in first day in order to increase our score?
    @Yigzz wish I knew. Can’t get a response to save my life. Emailed a few times and it’s all over the place like they have no idea what they are talking about lol. Trying to clarify but can’t get anyone’s attention
    Need to know this info before raid starts
  • HaudraufwienixHaudraufwienix Member Posts: 13
    @BettaLucNxtTime your alliance played AQ on day7?
    I found out why my alliance misses 13.125.000 points because they halved our day bonus (normally 26.250.000).
    I think the new pointing system went life to early and busted my alliance 😡? @Kabam Miike
    Yeah we play the last 4 days. Would make sense if they jipped us points but still no response from anyone at kabam. Support telling me speed of aq matters now so would like to know. They can’t seem to do anything right
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,289 ★★★★★
    I hope kabam will look into this matter.

Better luck next time.
  • ZeiramMRZeiramMR Member Posts: 101

Yeah we play the last 4 days. Would make sense if they -----ed us points but still no response from anyone at kabam. Support telling me speed of aq matters now so would like to know. They can’t seem to do anything right

For your awareness, that word is a racial slur.
  • SJprojectx47SJprojectx47 Member Posts: 4
    Can kabam please explain the scoring system with the most recent ranks. Is it no longer based on alliance prestige ?
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,338 Guardian
    Scoring, and milestones, were basically halved starting the prior AQ series.
    Is that what you see ?

Or are you in that particular alliance that for the week prior to that had I guess placed some # of rankings lower than where they thought they should be relative to couple other Ally’s based on Prestige and completing everything 100% at max highest possible maps/mods ??
  • KevinphbKevinphb Member Posts: 8

Scoring, and milestones, were basically halved starting the prior AQ series.
    Is that what you see ?

Or are you in that particular alliance that for the week prior to that had I guess placed some # of rankings lower than where they thought they should be relative to couple other Ally’s based on Prestige and completing everything 100% at max highest possible maps/mods ??

AQ has always been based on the Alliance prestige and 100% at highest possible maps. However, it was evident that in the past 3 weeks, this has not been the case! Just this past week, an alliance with a substantially lower prestige was top. The other top prestige alliances did 100% as before, why is this so? Please clarify. Thank you
    Just to add on. Tickets sent to Kabam support has yield responses that other than prestige, other factors such as "how quickly the alliances complete their maps" affect the overall scoring. Since when has this been a factor for AQ? It is no secret that top alliances spent a huge deal of $$$$ on deals and event to rank up their individual prestige that contributes to overall alliance prestige, for this purpose. If there is change in the AQ scoring system, it should have been informed clearly. Else, for past 3 AQs, the AQ ranking and hence rewards were incorrect and nothing has been done to correct it or clarify it.
    How is an alliance lower than 3k prestige than all top prestige alliances finishing 1st in aq the week before raids?? Something is wrong with the scoring system or prestige is no longer the only factor for score in aq. This is 2 weeks in a row that the leaderboard has changed with no answer as to how or why. We need a leveled playing field for all alliances to complete fairly in aq. How will this effect 1st week of raids?!
    Bump. Still an ongoing issue.
  • Deathstroke_88Deathstroke_88 Member Posts: 3
    The aq rankings are inaccurate please look into tho kabam
  • LordHavokLordHavok Member Posts: 1
    What’s up with the changing Goal Posts in AQ. How can alliances not even in the same realm as the top 3 get 1st in AQ? It’s always been highest prestige and hardest map. What’s changed? @kabam?? What does this mean for Raids, which looks to be a costly venture. People spend a fortune on your game to ensure they have the highest prestige and the only purpose for prestige is AQ. Kabam built AQ around spenders spending for the top prestige champs, seems like shooting yourself in the wallet to change the structure! Explain what’s happening or what changed!
  • StormBreakerMCOCStormBreakerMCOC Member Posts: 15
    My ally has had this problem for the last few weeks. I personally have spent a fortune ranking champs purely for the purpose of pacing top in aq rewards and so has everyone else in my ally. We cant even get a reply from KABAM in response to this but if something has changed in the scoring we need to know????? Its a huge slap in the face that we cant get an answer. If something has changed and its not based on prestige anymore i will stop spending to rank up prestige champs. PLEASE CAN WE HAVE A RESPONSE
    Is Kabam going to respond or not?
    @Kabam Miike
    @Kabam Zibiit
    @Kabam Porthos
    @Kabam Vydious
    @Kabam Lyra
    After we have spent that much to be no.1 alliance in Banquet, now being denied top AQ for 3 weeks without any rhyme or reason? And nobody from Kabam is saying anything?!
    Not even the proverbial “We are currently looking into it” statement?
  • MiniMFMiniMF Member Posts: 848 ★★★★
    they mentionned the time for completing aq was also smth affcting ranking. allince prestige is not the only thing anymore