**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Hercules isn't getting nerfed

DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★
edited February 6 in General Discussion

Stop looking at Reddit.

Stop watching Prof Hoff.

Stop paying attention to global chat.

Let me preface by saying I have a R5 Ascended Hercules. Why? For AQ. Hercules is an extremely OP champion. The unfortunate consequence of the perfect design is that it slows the learning of nodes in the game that newer to moderately newer players need to understand how they work.

Kabam will likely never touch his kit and abilities but will probably introduce nodes to counter immortality. But it's not like they're sitting at their work desks planning this right now.

This all started because of misinformation from the Livestreams. People heard what they wanted to hear and are spreading fake information. Even with Miike's comment on the other thread that everyone can see, things persisted.

Then Prof Hoff gets involved and instead of using his influence, he makes it all worse, makes a video before doing any research and basically adds to the panic his subscribers already had.

You're safe to continue using your crutch in the game. At least try and branch out. This game has tons of amazing champions. But as long as the focus is on Hercules, Silver Centurion will continue to secretly still be the best champion in the game and more OP than Hercules. 😏
Post edited by Kabam Jax on

Comments

• Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 807 ★★★
    Thanks for the info
  • Options
    ChiefGoatChiefGoat Posts: 106
    Good to know. Now all the cry babies can go back to playing a game they hate so much but won’t quit playing.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★
    o_o said:

ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

Who actually thought he was getting nerfed lmfao istg this community sometimes

People that watch prof hoff.
    They really had to get Miike to work on the weekend for this lmfao
    It’s his mess to fix though. He started that post with “We do want to nerf Hercules, and there is no time limit on when that can happen.” It was pretty much guaranteed that someone would take that line and run with it, ignoring the next sentence where he says there are no plans to do so.

Those of us who follow the forums closely know this Herc OP debate and understood what he was saying. But in a world where YouTubers who will remain nameless (*cough cough*) twist and distort things for clicks, the best move might have been to just say we have no plans to nerf Herc, full stop.
    It's not his fault. People took what Jax and Aiden were saying and heard something completely different. it snowballed into what's happened these past few days.
  • Options
    MarvelNoobMarvelNoob Posts: 897 ★★★★
    I love the uproar in posts about herc after GoldenGun rattled up a bunch of cavs in global yesterday. I swear some of them were about to cry😂
  • Options
    MarvelNoobMarvelNoob Posts: 897 ★★★★

I love the uproar in posts about herc after GoldenGun rattled up a bunch of cavs in global yesterday. I swear some of them were about to cry😂

... Who reads global...
    I love to hop on and troll from time to time🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    AzdefAzdef Posts: 152
    On a lighter note...do we know who developed Herc? Is he/she still employed with Kabam? Or been allowed to design another champ after Herc?
    Either ways on behalf of the entire community, a very heartfelt Thank You!
  • Options
    Priyansh7Priyansh7 Posts: 445 ★★
    And all of this is happening whilst I don't have a hercules at all. This looks sad. 😢
This discussion has been closed.