Can Valkyrie get past Spot's block?

The_Unnamed99The_Unnamed99 Member Posts: 43
edited January 31 in General Discussion
Can Valkyrie's Pierce buffs, or really anyone with enough Impact or Pierce buffs, counter Spot's Portal Block? Asking because I have my own parody of the game where I'm designing a character with a good block, and I need to know if Pierce or Impact is something that can counter a high block proficiency.

Comments

• MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,816 ★★★★★
    Pierce and Impact can certainly counter even a crazy block Proficiency. So can debuffs like Disorient, Fragility and Incinerate. So can abilities like Photon's Sig ability.

However, Perfect block and block Proficiency are completely different and separate things @Graves_3

There's a node called Invade, which grants 100% Block Penetration (and +300% Attack when hitting into block). Even there, you'll see Cap and Daredevil blocking attacks for zero damage.

Cap WW2 gains more perfect block when the opponent has buffs, so he's a pretty decent counter for Valkyrie.
  • RebarkRebark Member Posts: 362 ★★★

Can Valkyrie's Pierce buffs, or really anyone with enough Impact or Pierce buffs, counter Spot's Portal Block? Asking because I have my own parody of the game where I'm designing a character with a good block, and I need to know if Pierce or Impact is something that can counter a high block proficiency.

yes, she can
  • MaskedLegendMaskedLegend Member Posts: 98
    You can but i wouldn't recommend it. Reason being he roots himself whilst blocking so you'll most likely end up getting cornered if you're just trying to hit block