**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Necropolis Exploration - Full Aegon Facemash

MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,979 ★★★★★
After a few weeks break exploring the vast farmland, I returned to the Necropolis to finish off the last path and it is now 100%. Like many others, this was my first attempt at long-form content as well as using Aegon. All in all it was a fun experience and I’m glad I did it. Regret not thinking I could explore it a bit earlier, because farming reasons.

Despite having some Necro options like Kate and Wong on my roster, I am not skilled enough with them yet to tackle this challenge. So the goal was to get as far as possible with Aegon. I did rank up Shuri for my last run, after holding out hope I would pull her 7*.

The core team that I brought on every path consisted of Aegon, Heimdall and Proxima. I get hit in the face. A lot. And Proxima was worth that spot, as well as for the synergies. Early on, I brought a reverse control immune to the party in 6r3 Wiccan. He didn’t do nearly enough damage and I found it easier to do the entire GM fight with Aegon. So he was removed from the team in future runs.

The path order that I opted for was as follows:

Path 1 (Titania) -> Path 5 (Roblin) -> Path 6 (Odin) -> Path 3 (Sauron) -> Path 4 (Jubilee) -> Path 2 (Mr. Fantastic)

Following advice from others on this forum, I left the “more difficult” and non-Aegon friendly paths for last. As mentioned above, I was hopeful that I wouldn’t have to rank up my 6* Shuri, but alas I did.

Aegon took on every fight for me on paths 1, 5 and 6. There were 4 fights where I pulled in other champs:

Path 2: Namor (Nick and Shuri) and Attuma (Shuri). I finished my Aegon ramp on Namor easily (no damage) and then used a combo of Nick and Shuri to take him down. Against Attuma I used Shuri and a bit of Aegon. Aegon could still mash him but with the damage he takes in that fight, it would have been costly to revive through it.

Path 4: Diablo (Sandman). Might have been the most enjoyable fight in all of Necropolis. SP1 spam and watch the health tick away after Diablo’s SP1. I did not have any issues with other fights on this path with Aegon, such as Stryfe or Galan.

Path 3: Sauron (Nimrod). I brought in Nimrod to take down Sauron, due to expected difficulty with ramping up Aegon here. As it turns out, the ramp against Hit Monkey was terrible and maybe even worse than it would have been against Sauron. Might change strategies if I had to do it over.

Easiest Aegon Ramp - Mr. F or Jubilee
Worst Aegon Ramp - Hit-Monkey

Top 5 most difficult fights during Necropolis for me:

Storm X
Spidey Supreme
Hit-Monkey (maybe because I was ramping)
Silver Centurion
Apoc

First time through against Captain Britain was a learning experience, but after the Odin path, it felt like I gained expert level skills against reverse controls.

Grandmaster was enjoyable and not much to say there. I had it down after the first time through. Phase 1, followed the prompts. Phase 2, Aegon mash. Phase 3 was relatively easy with permanent reverse controls. The shifting controls in phase 4 threw me a time or two, but I focused on staying close to him and eating SP2s to stay in the fight long enough to hit my specials.

Aegon started as an r4, took him up to r5 during my first run. Shuri was at r4 for my last run and did well enough for what I needed. Sandman at 7r1.

I think that’s about it. ✌️

Comments

• Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,113 ★★★★
    Congratulations!! As a fellow, aegon facemash, aficionado, he really does make this content bearable.

I'm in awe of those who can Kate/Wong the whole thing, doing 10+ minute fights each time...

Who's your second R3 for valiant going to be?
  • Options
    Wong_98Wong_98 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    How many revives for an unskilled player?
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 3,987 ★★★★★
    I'm surprised Fam is not in top 5 tough defenders list.

Also what is your advice for path 4 and path 6 all In with aegon? I do bring doom for centurion and galan, I don't know who to use in path 4 diablo. I only have one point in despair mastery so I'm confused rn, I have a r4 shuri is it worth to bring her for diablo? I don't have 6* torch or sandman.
  • Options

Congratulations!! As a fellow, aegon facemash, aficionado, he really does make this content bearable.

I'm in awe of those who can Kate/Wong the whole thing, doing 10+ minute fights each time...

Ideally the Titan crystal gods will bless me on Tuesday. Otherwise I’m looking at America, Peni or Titania.
  • Options
    Wong_98 said:

How many revives for an unskilled player?

I ranged from a low of 70 to a high of 120.
  • Options

Also what is your advice for path 4 and path 6 all In with aegon? I do bring doom for centurion and galan, I don't know who to use in path 4 diablo. I only have one point in despair mastery so I'm confused rn, I have a r4 shuri is it worth to bring her for diablo? I don't have 6* torch or sandman.

FAM was actually on there until I struggled with Apoc today. Honorable mention for him.

Path 6 wasn’t too difficult once you get the hang of the reverse control trap node and watch the timer. I did avoid the combo ending medium against Shang Chi as noted by others.

Path 4 I don’t put any points into despair but that was ok with Sandman. If I didn’t have Sandman or Torch that would be tough. Hopefully you have Void you can use. I have seen others use Aegon on Diablo but I understand it to be a long fight
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 3,987 ★★★★★

FAM was actually on there until I struggled with Apoc today. Honorable mention for him.

Path 6 wasn’t too difficult once you get the hang of the reverse control trap node and watch the timer. I did avoid the combo ending medium against Shang Chi as noted by others.

Path 4 I don’t put any points into despair but that was ok with Sandman. If I didn’t have Sandman or Torch that would be tough. Hopefully you have Void you can use. I have seen others use Aegon on Diablo but I understand it to be a long fight
    Let's see, I don't have a 6* void either. So I guess my best bet in 5* ascended human torch. By slow play I think I might take diablo in 4-5 revives. Not a big deal.

But how was stryfe with Aegon? The only fights I'm worried are stryfe and FAM, how many revs you used for each of them.
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,113 ★★★★

Ideally the Titan crystal gods will bless me on Tuesday. Otherwise I’m looking at America, Peni or Titania.
    All great choices. One of my r3s was titania.. She's awesome!
  • Options
    Bron1Bron1 Posts: 275

After a few weeks break exploring the vast farmland, I returned to the Necropolis to finish off the last path and it is now 100%. Like many others, this was my first attempt at long-form content as well as using Aegon. All in all it was a fun experience and I’m glad I did it. Regret not thinking I could explore it a bit earlier, because farming reasons.

Despite having some Necro options like Kate and Wong on my roster, I am not skilled enough with them yet to tackle this challenge. So the goal was to get as far as possible with Aegon. I did rank up Shuri for my last run, after holding out hope I would pull her 7*.

The core team that I brought on every path consisted of Aegon, Heimdall and Proxima. I get hit in the face. A lot. And Proxima was worth that spot, as well as for the synergies. Early on, I brought a reverse control immune to the party in 6r3 Wiccan. He didn’t do nearly enough damage and I found it easier to do the entire GM fight with Aegon. So he was removed from the team in future runs.

The path order that I opted for was as follows:

Path 1 (Titania) -> Path 5 (Roblin) -> Path 6 (Odin) -> Path 3 (Sauron) -> Path 4 (Jubilee) -> Path 2 (Mr. Fantastic)

Following advice from others on this forum, I left the “more difficult” and non-Aegon friendly paths for last. As mentioned above, I was hopeful that I wouldn’t have to rank up my 6* Shuri, but alas I did.

Aegon took on every fight for me on paths 1, 5 and 6. There were 4 fights where I pulled in other champs:

Path 2: Namor (Nick and Shuri) and Attuma (Shuri). I finished my Aegon ramp on Namor easily (no damage) and then used a combo of Nick and Shuri to take him down. Against Attuma I used Shuri and a bit of Aegon. Aegon could still mash him but with the damage he takes in that fight, it would have been costly to revive through it.

Path 4: Diablo (Sandman). Might have been the most enjoyable fight in all of Necropolis. SP1 spam and watch the health tick away after Diablo’s SP1. I did not have any issues with other fights on this path with Aegon, such as Stryfe or Galan.

Path 3: Sauron (Nimrod). I brought in Nimrod to take down Sauron, due to expected difficulty with ramping up Aegon here. As it turns out, the ramp against Hit Monkey was terrible and maybe even worse than it would have been against Sauron. Might change strategies if I had to do it over.

Easiest Aegon Ramp - Mr. F or Jubilee
    Worst Aegon Ramp - Hit-Monkey

Top 5 most difficult fights during Necropolis for me:

Storm X
    Spidey Supreme
    Hit-Monkey (maybe because I was ramping)
    Silver Centurion
    Apoc

First time through against Captain Britain was a learning experience, but after the Odin path, it felt like I gained expert level skills against reverse controls.

Grandmaster was enjoyable and not much to say there. I had it down after the first time through. Phase 1, followed the prompts. Phase 2, Aegon mash. Phase 3 was relatively easy with permanent reverse controls. The shifting controls in phase 4 threw me a time or two, but I focused on staying close to him and eating SP2s to stay in the fight long enough to hit my specials.

Aegon started as an r4, took him up to r5 during my first run. Shuri was at r4 for my last run and did well enough for what I needed. Sandman at 7r1.

I think that’s about it. ✌️

Congratz man, you gave me motivation
    to finish thesst 2 paths , goblin and odin, just finished the jubilee path and it was the worst for me by far, good to know 5 and 6 are more chill