No one talking about Viv Vision for Winter of Woe?

CorkscrewCorkscrew Member Posts: 540 ★★★
I get it, everyone got the bonus point for #robots and noped it out of there.

So, not no one, but very few people are talking about Viv Vision. If you want to reference a Viv fight, credit goes to Joel MCOC Gaming (not my channel) https://youtube.com/watch?v=igC8VRt5RiA

I actually finished my fight and then went looking for others who did it with her and found his video. For me, she is the only robot that makes the fight feel semi normal in terms of rhythm. In summary, three things contribute to this:

1) She heal blocks on her second medium. You can have very fast access to heal block with medium-medium or medium-light-medium combos.

2) She doesn't turn off unstoppable, but her phase mechanic mitigates its intrusion. Completing a combo will allow you to phase your next parry. The phasing gives you your regular parry openings without taking massive damage. In particular, if you see a heal block dropping and Absman is nearing the end of unstoppable, you can parry and hit into the unstoppable, do a medium medium combo to get another heal block. This also allows you to quickly get rid of brute force.

3) When the opponent misses, they are power drained. This can often keep Absman under a bar or gets him down to one bar of power. The allows you to decrease regens by reducing specials and also stops him switching form (you want to heavy and do energy damage and then keep him in Uru).

Hopefully this might help people still looking to do #robots.

Comments

• willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,168 ★★★★★
    I still have the robot to do. I have Warlock 7r2, Viv r4 duped and Guilly99 7r1 [sig 80]. Do you think Viv would be the easiest? Since I can't try them all out multiple times due to the energy cost, what do you think?
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Member Posts: 540 ★★★

I still have the robot to do. I have Warlock 7r2, Viv r4 duped and Guilly99 7r1 [sig 80]. Do you think Viv would be the easiest? Since I can't try them all out multiple times due to the energy cost, what do you think?

You will want to try Warlock first just because of the attack and health difference. I had a 6r4 Viv and it was slow going, but it was nice to be able to "phase/parry" and not die. You will want to use the fury on her SP3 if you do use her.

I tried the trick of denying specials using G99, but the AI was oddly aggressive at throwing specials even when I was blocking. So abandoned the idea.
  • ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★
    I think people were turned off because she can't power burn here.
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,245 ★★★★★
    Most of her damage was negated.

I wonder how omega sentinel will work? Might have to try only if I had more energy refills
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Member Posts: 2,386 ★★★★★
    Suicides w/ max recoil, and only SP3s looked great in someone else's video
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Member Posts: 13,951 ★★★★★
    I used her on my end, still costed me a few revives mostly due to the AI bugs that will never get fixed.

She works for the heal block at least, which negates the fear of letting him heal more than the damage you deal on an attempt
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,877 ★★★★★
    I'd been thinking of Viv, because I like her a lot, have her Ascended at 6r4 , and she can ignore Parry damage/Armour Break, plus all the rest.

I'd been put off till now, given that her entire usual damage cycle won't work.

Thanks for the link, showing me that it's do-able; and a strategy to do it. Since it's a completely SP3-based rotation, I'll turn on the Recoil tree for the extra damage.
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Member Posts: 540 ★★★

I used her on my end, still costed me a few revives mostly due to the AI bugs that will never get fixed.

She works for the heal block at least, which negates the fear of letting him heal more than the damage you deal on an attempt

This.

@captain_rogers

Not going backwards is probably the best thing about easy access to heal block. Her and OS share this, but I feel like OS doesn't have the same flow and if timers don't align on the unstoppable and his specials; he can get a massive regen particularly at low health.