**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Incorrectly banned for "account sharing"

When I log in to my account, the notice of permanently closed due to account sharing (TOS 10) appears. I am writing to you because this is an error, since only I know the login information and I have not shared it with anyone.

I have already contacted technical support and provided the technical details of the 3 devices I called from in the last month, but they refused to even investigate it and closed the ticket automatically.

This is a secondary account, which I have never shared with anyone (moreover, I have never shared a single account of mine and I have several), created in 2018 and which will now disappear due to an error in the fraud detection system.

And I emphasize that I was created in 2018, which is why I know full well the consequences of breaking the provisions of the TOS, starting with sharing accounts (not to mention the risk of lending account data to someone and never being able to get it back). return safely).

I know there were players in the same situation whose account was reactivated, but as it is a secondary account and I have never spent any money on it, I am afraid that my message on the forum will simply be closed, just like my ticket.

Comments

• Options
    Mendes_FerrimMendes_Ferrim Posts: 11
    Interestingly, they say I violated the TOS regarding account sharing, but that is number 7 of the TOS. The message mentions the number 10, which refers to fraudulent in-game purchases. I have never purchased anything in the game, but I use the Kabam online store to redeem the free crystals. I accidentally pressed a payment item a few days ago, but that's it, I pressed it, I didn't complete the operation (I also couldn't because I hadn't associated a payment method).

Is that why I got banned, for not completing a purchase? A temporary suspension would be incomprehensible, but a complete elimination leaves me speechless. Either it was this or it was, as I said, a failure in the detection system.
  • Options
    I insist once again: I did not share my account with absolutely anyone. I am being unfairly banned due to a failure in the detection system. I only used two devices to connect to the game, a XIAOMI phone and an iPhone phone (an iPhone 11 Pro Max and two weeks ago an iPhone 15 Plus that I bought to play more comfortably). You can't send me off with a generic message without analyzing what I'm talking about, as it's an account that was created in 2018 and has a lot of hours of play there. If it was my mistake, I wouldn't even be complaining, but in this case it's Kabam's mistake. I'm just asking for a human being to review the information, see that what I say is correct, and give me access to the account again.
  • Options
    jimmykammaljimmykammal Posts: 3
    Dear @Mendes_Ferrim, there are quite a few situations in-game where, users can latch on to the limitations and exploit a playing condition. 1 such example occurred during the Caps event of incursion, where in people used decks of lower rarity to lose matches and achieve the 6* relic crystal. There is no specific TOS to deal with these kind of loophole exploitations. Only kabam and the account user would get to know the actuals. During these situations, Account sharing TOS is the most viable TOS, that could be used to handle the punishments.

Sadly, there is no looking back. Neither forums, nor support tickets would be able to help with this. Start a new account.
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 1,949 ★★★★
    Make a new account, don’t post this on forums

@Kabam Miike
  • Options
    johnlaw3742johnlaw3742 Posts: 166
    Ask support to escalate your ticket to a higher level and tell you the exact reason(s) for the ban. The supervisor should either catch a mistake or confirm the circumstances of your ban.
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★
    Hopefully someone will investigate it further for you. There have been instances where forum moderators took a closer look at an account.
  • Options
    jimmykammaljimmykammal Posts: 3

Actually some time last year a guy came on forums saying they didn't cheat then kabam miikr or jax, can't remember which went, wait he actually didn't cheat

Yeah, I do remember that. The guy came to forums on November 2023 and yes he did understand the TOS and realized his mistake late.
  • Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,462 ★★★
    I will tag @Kabam Jax as well
  • Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 824 ★★★
    Hmmm this is strange
  • Options
    edited February 19
    The last message from Kabam Support (today):
    Thank you for replying to this ticket.

We value your request. However, at this time, we have provided all the information we possibly can regarding your concerns. As we cannot resolve this issue to your satisfaction, we will no longer be able to respond to messages regarding this matter. Due to this, all future responses and tickets concerning this issue will be automatically set to Solved without response.

As I said, I don't think I deserve this contempt from Kabam. It is not true that they have given all possible information, because they have simply ignored my messages and the evidence provided. They leave me feeling helpless and now they tell me that they will directly ignore me every time I try to provide more information or ask for the case to be reviewed by a human being. It leaves me broken.

@kabam jax, help me, please...

• Options
    Ngl I don't think he would be pushing this far if he did something wrong... @Pikolu any insight on this and what can be done?
  • Options
    Hello @JLordVileJ. After sending the same message to technical support that I last left on the forum, I received a slightly different response. This time they have not responded directly to me that they will automatically close my complaint, but rather they are asking me for more information that may be useful for my case and in particular for me to tell them what other summonner names I use at MCOC. I have proceeded to forward that information to you, along with any technical information I can think of that may be useful...

Hopefully I can give some good news here.
  • Options
    Hello my friends. I inform you of the current status of my complaint/request for support assistance.

Problem summary:
    1) Account suspended due to alleged violation of the ToS, specifically due to account sharing (a circumstance that never happened, hence my complaint).
    2) The suspended account already has 14 days of ban at the current time and this week we entered the end of the alliance war season.
    3) The last support ticket (which I had already informed about here) mentioned that the complaint had already been escalated and they asked me for information about some other of my accounts in the game. I responded by giving the names of my other accounts as well as technical details of my two gaming devices.

Current situation:
    4) When I didn't receive a response after step 3, I sent a new message.
    5) Another support member responded to me (I reproduce the message below) confirming that the ticket had been correctly escalated and that I would receive a response as soon as possible.
    6) This message was sent 4 days ago. Reviewing the ticket history, I see that the most recent action was carried out 3 days ago, so some new management was done in between (no further details are provided).

As I promised, I will continue to inform you of the situation. I would like to take this opportunity to thank you that, after the initial attempts (unsuccessful, with automatic closure of the ticket), Kabam finally agreed to manually review my problem. I don't know if @Kabam Miike @Kabam Jax had anything to do with this (if they did, I appreciate that kindness).

As I mentioned in my last message, I want to be able to deliver good news as soon as possible and my case will also help Kabam improve the fraud detection system (a commitment that I support, even though it is collateral damage right now).

Attachments:

Img. 1:

Img. 2

• Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,787 ★★★★★
    I mean if it's an alt account and you have several, why even bother with this one? If your gonna fight this much over one account, hopefully you make it your main account once you get it back(if you do).
  • Options
    Buttehrs said:

I mean if it's an alt account and you have several, why even bother with this one? If your gonna fight this much over one account, hopefully you make it your main account once you get it back(if you do).

You are absolutely right in your reasoning and I have even had that thought. If I have decided to persist it has been for two reasons. The first reason, to be sure that you have not engaged in conduct prohibited in the ToS. The second reason is that the bug that may have caused this ban, if not corrected, could eventually cause the same problem even to my best account.
  • Options

Buttehrs said:

You are absolutely right in your reasoning and I have even had that thought. If I have decided to persist it has been for two reasons. The first reason, to be sure that you have not engaged in conduct prohibited in the ToS. The second reason is that the bug that may have caused this ban, if not corrected, could eventually cause the same problem even to my best account.
    Completely agree