Would this fix one of the Carina Challenge

KC4lifeKC4life Member Posts: 23
I want to hear people opinion on this i want to talk about KM avenger challenge.

I think it's a good challenge in theory but I think it would be a great challenge if we didn't need to rank up 5 characters for one challenge due to how expensive the resources would be. So I was wondering if there a way for us to receive or borrow the avengers champs that power level is on par with a 6* r3 minimum for that specific challenge only they can be 1* like symbiote or a 0* so it exclusive to that content that way its will be based on skill since we have the champs at a decent power level we just have to play it and we don't need to spend resource on these champs. I got this idea from playing another Mobile game 7ds and they allow you to borrow a character from someone account and I thought maybe for carina challenge exclusively since most of them require specific characters this would be a decent idea.

What does the community think? Sorry for bad grammer. Feel free to agree to disagree.

Comments

• OurobørosOurobøros Member Posts: 1,536 ★★★★
    That idea is inconceivable
  • KC4lifeKC4life Member Posts: 23
    @Opandemonio I had to google that word 😂
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,359 Guardian
    KC4life said:

I want to hear people opinion on this i want to talk about KM avenger challenge.

I think it's a good challenge in theory but I think it would be a great challenge if we didn't need to rank up 5 characters for one challenge due to how expensive the resources would be. So I was wondering if there a way for us to receive or borrow the avengers champs that power level is on par with a 6* r3 minimum for that specific challenge only they can be 1* like symbiote or a 0* so it exclusive to that content that way its will be based on skill since we have the champs at a decent power level we just have to play it and we don't need to spend resource on these champs. I got this idea from playing another Mobile game 7ds and they allow you to borrow a character from someone account and I thought maybe for carina challenge exclusively since most of them require specific characters this would be a decent idea.

What does the community think? Sorry for bad grammer. Feel free to agree to disagree.

A lot of people over the years have suggested this idea in the contexts of other content roster gating. It is highly unlikely to happen here, for the simple reason that what you're describing is not a bug, it is a feature.

To be more specific, there has always been a dichotomy between how many players view rank ups and how the game views rank ups. Many players see rank ups as a means to an end. Get this champ, rank them up, and then use them to beat some content. If a piece of content "requires" a certain champ, then the players should have a way to dispose of that requirement in short order, like earning an entrance ticket into the content.

However, the game has never treated rank ups in that way. Rank ups have always been a process, part of the process of progressing in the game. That's why the process of rank up/level up is so involved in the first place. There's no specific reason for players to have to rank up, then level up, then rank up, then level up, and for there to be so many levels, unless the intent was for players to have to traverse that process similar to how they have to work their way through Act 6.

When they release a piece of content with roster checks, either roster requirements or roster benefits, the intent is for finding, acquiring, and ranking and leveling those champs to be part of the process of doing the content. Just like some players would rather just beat the boss and move on, and consider the fights on the paths to the boss to just be busy work that Kabam should just get rid of, some players consider the process of finding and ranking champs to just be busy work, and the "real" game is taking those champs into the content to use. But that's just not how the devs see the game, and so they don't see the problem you're suggesting a solution for to be an actual problem. They don't want you to have a way to just magically have the right team for the content, just like they don't want you to just magically teleport to the boss because you think that's the most interesting part of the map.

Progressional games are about the road, not the destination. And while some games handle things like roster gaps in different ways, that's only because they do other things in different ways as well. Those games let you fill roster gaps with borrowing mechanisms or temporary rank up mechanisms because they fill that whole in the progressional road with other tasks we don't have. So you can't just lift them from one game and put them in another, because if you do, you also have to figure out what they did to accommodate that capability and transplant those things here as well. And those things won't necessarily be palatable to MCOC players. For example, some games do not place the same burden on players to acquire what we would call champs, because they shift some of that burden into other systems we would call "gear." And gear has never been a popular idea for the MCOC community over the years.
  • OurobørosOurobøros Member Posts: 1,536 ★★★★
    KC4life said:

@Opandemonio I had to google that word 😂

Me too 🥸😂