**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Winter of Woe: Nebula Strategy Thread [merged]

Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,199 ★★★★★
edited February 21 in General Discussion
New boss just dropped, and at least on first glance she looks to be substantially easier to deal with than Abs Man. So I wanted to get the ball rolling on some suggested options based on the challenges we have:

Metal and God: my first thought is Angela. She counters the debuffs and the autoblock extremely well. She was made for this.

Size M and Burst: Silver Surfer. Plenty of buffs with indefinite uptime if you’re keeping his rotation up, and he actually benefits from having shocks placed on him.

Carina’s Challengers: this is the tough one. Mole Man is shock immune, so he’s a strong contender for it. Howard the Duck will have tons of buffs on him to counter the autoblock node. Falcon could theoretically work, as could Shang Chi. I’ll definitely want to talk through this one a bit.

How’re y’all feeling about this one?

Comments

• Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,139 ★★★★
    edited February 21
    The challenges are:
    1. Offensive burst and medium
    2. God and metal
    3. Carina's challengers

Suggestions so far?
    Scorpion
    Sig 200 Angela or Odin
    Sig 200 Ultron

Any others?
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,718 ★★★★★
    This one seems more forgiving. Who do you think will work against this Nebula (and also for objectives).

Also, I have a doubt, "Defeat Nebula with a god AND metal champ" Means we have to defeat her with a champ with both tags or does one of the tags will work?
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,551 ★★★★★
    God and metal = Odin. Saw KM get a solo with him

Carina Challengers (speculation): Howard has heal block + enough buffs so he actually seems amazing for it
  • Options
    JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 1,032 ★★★★
    Someone Lmk if shang works he’s 2 objectives and I got an r2
  • Options
    Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 1,414 ★★★★
    edited February 21
    Both tags required, Angela seems to be a good option for the god and metal objective
  • Options
    FinalfurykFinalfuryk Posts: 215 ★★
    I think Thor Rags could be decent for the God and Metal with the severe shock reduction. The node that strikes me as the pain point is that you cannot parry with buffs because that will nullify a buff on you and instantly take off 40% of your health.
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,551 ★★★★★
    edited February 21
    double post lol
  • Options
    DarkGuardianDarkGuardian Posts: 195 ★★
    For some reason, my odin started the fight with only 1 buff activated instead of all three
  • Options
    Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 1,414 ★★★★

Wait does he work? He’s my only r3 lmao
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,585 ★★★★★
    edited February 21
    Scorpion does M and offensive burst but not well. CGR too but you have to have buffs or it is a slog.
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,212 ★★★★
    I guess both
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,537 ★★★★★

He only meets the Carina challengers objective. He is size M but not burst damage.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,384 ★★★★★
    Ant-Man works for God and Metal. Shocker for Offensive Burst.
  • Options
    PriyabrataPriyabrata Posts: 1,139 ★★★★

The challenges are:
    1. Offensive burst and medium
    2. God and metal
    3. Carina's challengers

Suggestions so far?
    Scorpion
    Sig 200 Angela or Odin
    Sig 200 Ultron

Any others?

Sig 180 Angela is practically the same as sig 200 so save the sigs if she's already sig 180
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 3,089 ★★★★
    Proxima for Offensive: Burst and Medium

Angela for Metal and God

Carina’s challengers: Mole man possibly? Anyone who’s shock immune
  • Options

I think Thor Rags could be decent for the God and Metal with the severe shock reduction. The node that strikes me as the pain point is that you cannot parry with buffs because that will nullify a buff on you and instantly take off 40% of your health.

I doubt it with the insane number of shocks you will stack from the autoblock might just chip you down to a one hit KO
  • Options
    edited February 21
    BeastDad said:

Scorpion does M and offensive burst but not well. CGR too but you have to have buffs or it is a slog.

Not well? He's probably the best option there,(maybe not the best cause surfer) you just need the right strategy with scorp
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 4,172 ★★★★★
    For #Size:M and #Offensive:Burst, Silver Surfer works wonders if you have the 7*:
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,585 ★★★★★

BeastDad said:

Not well? He's probably the best option there,(maybe not the best cause surfer) you just need the right strategy with scorp
    Again it's a slog with her autoblock, but I listed him for a reason.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,384 ★★★★★

Ant-Man works for God and Metal. Shocker for Offensive Burst.

I don’t think ant man is a god
    Okay, maybe I'm mistaken. I was looking at options that came up filtered. Maybe I hit the wrong filter or something.