Options

Wasted Artifact Crystal

Sajadala_GeezySajadala_Geezy Posts: 47 โ˜…
edited February 23 in General Discussion
I spent so much time grinding incursions to get the 7* artifact crystalโ€ฆ only to pull MOJO ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜‘ yeah I think ima go ahead and take a break ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿฝโ€โ™‚๏ธ

Is there any rhyme or reason to pulling characters? Most of my pulls lately have been terrible. Much like this one.

Comments

• Options

People that get the higher zone rewards have opened 5+ of these crystals. You can't open one and expect to get exactly the champion you want.
    Also, I have a duped Mojo from incursions and I absolutely love him. Give him a chance and he will surprise you.

I took him for a spin when I first got him after trying to look up some stuff online. & I just couldnโ€™t get a flow down. This crystal actually duped him for me, So maybe Iโ€™ll give it another shot. Any suggestion on rotations to make him most effective?
  • Options

Wait... What's wrong with MOJO? If we could I'd take him off your hands. He is an amazing counter to those who have a lot of buffs... Yeah I'm looking at you Hulkling!

Maybe I just have to give me a real chance. I played with him a few times and couldnโ€™t find a solid flow plus thereโ€™s no deep dive. I have a plethora of other champs that Iโ€™m mastering so MOJO just seemed like a back burner character. This crystal actually duped him for me so I will give him another shot until I figure something out. Sounds like I might be wrong about him!
  • Options

Mojo is great, mojo slander is unacceptable, and He is insanely good for bgs even unduped.

Yeah Iโ€™m hearing this from a few folks on here. Iโ€™m def gonna give him another shot! Iโ€™ll admit if Iโ€™m wrong lol
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,584 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    edited February 23
    Although some hard counters now exist, Mojo is a great defender and can wreck champs that donโ€™t counter him. On the attack front, an awakened Mojo decimates Maestro and many other cosmics. His ability to end buffs 90% quicker and cause degen from it also feeds MD if you have itโ€”very underrated attacker.

Mine is R1 L40 and, while Iโ€™d prefer another champ out of my next crystal, I love my Mojo.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,074 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    Mojo is an incredible champion. He was my first mystic R5 over the likes of Doom, Tigra, and basically the entire mystic roster as it stood about a year ago. Aside from Kindred, who is not a potent attacker, he is the only champion in the game with the ability to reduce duration on every buff in the game. It is a unique piece of utility that bypasses almost every way that the game punishes buff control.

Additionally, the bulk of his damage is done through passive degenerations, an effect that extremely few champions or nodes grant resistance or immunity. One of my favorite matchups against a good defender is Mojo v Hulkling, you just complete prompts and watch him melt. The only downside to his damage output is that he really wants to be awakened. At sig 1, it doubles his damage. At sig 200, it triples.

His block proficiency is trash, yeah. But heโ€™s got a health pool almost as big as his belly and a useful regen mechanic to offset that. Anyway, Mojo rules, haters drool
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,343 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    @Wicket329 also people often forget how good he is against many meta defenders

My r4 mojo is my best counter for FAM and Maestro in bgs. Mojo is a great duel threat as well.
  • Options
    A_FungiA_Fungi Posts: 993 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    Seeing this post right now is too funny

I just popped an artifact crystal hoping for Mojo..... (all because of you @Fintech)

I got the champ I wanted least... Ronin
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,544 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…

I spent so much time grinding incursions to get the 7* artifact crystalโ€ฆ only to pull MOJO ๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜‘ yeah I think ima go ahead and take a break ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฆ๐Ÿฝโ€โ™‚๏ธ

Is there any rhyme or reason to pulling characters? Most of my pulls lately have been terrible. Much like this one.

Bro the only reason I'm not r5 ascending 6* mojo is because 7* exists, you're missing out big time.
    He's solid situational attacker and stupid OP defender in BG.
  • Options
    OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,776 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    I was quite happy to pull him out of a Romance 7* gem a few days ago. Iโ€™m really crossing my fingers that I dup him (or Black Cat) with my Calendar 7* Romance gem next week. If I do there is a pretty good chance Iโ€™ll R2 Mojo.

There are other champs in the incursion gem Iโ€™d be much less happy with, but I can easily argue Mojo being top 2 or 3 in that gem.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,783 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    One piece of utility that I love him for: bringing him into fights that has a timer that says something like, "Every 10 seconds, the opponent gets an unblockable/unstoppable/some other annoying buff for 6 seconds." With Mojo, you can play those fights almost normally. You just need to take care to have that anti-life field up when the buffs come around, but if it is, they disappear almost immediately. If it was supposed to be 6 seconds, it's now 0.6 seconds. And not only that, you deal damage when they expire! It makes those fights a lot easier.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,584 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…

UPDATE: Iโ€™ve gotten a slight hang on him overnight (still working on it) and here are my takeaways:

His dmg output isnโ€™t GREAT (yellow numbers were doing 3-6k, sometimes 10k dmg) but pairing that with degens following those prompts really set my opponent up for failure. That fury boost from duping also helps a lot with damage.

Also, his health pool and regen combo kept me in fights longer during mistakes while learning.

Overall, solid champ. As Iโ€™m learning him, he may be someone I take into event quests and if I rank him, maybe act 8 content as Iโ€™m exploring, but for now I feel confident that he will be a solid defender in BG and War for sure.

Thanks for everyone who reached out and set me straight lol

Rightโ€”heโ€™s not what I would call tanky, so thatโ€™s a consideration. And heโ€™s not the greatest against non-buff champs (Hello, Titania), but you typically wouldnโ€™t use him there anyway.

Glad you didnโ€™t give up on him. Thereโ€™s a lot under the hood with Mojo.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    MorbidCuriosityMorbidCuriosity Posts: 53 โ˜…

People that get the higher zone rewards have opened 5+ of these crystals. You can't open one and expect to get exactly the champion you want.
    Also, I have a duped Mojo from incursions and I absolutely love him. Give him a chance and he will surprise you.

I took him for a spin when I first got him after trying to look up some stuff online. & I just couldnโ€™t get a flow down. This crystal actually duped him for me, So maybe Iโ€™ll give it another shot. Any suggestion on rotations to make him most effective?
    Follow the prompts... get to 5 milli followers... then watch your opponent die. Easy peezy
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,086 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    edited February 23

I was quite happy to pull him out of a Romance 7* gem a few days ago. Iโ€™m really crossing my fingers that I dup him (or Black Cat) with my Calendar 7* Romance gem next week. If I do there is a pretty good chance Iโ€™ll R2 Mojo.

There are other champs in the incursion gem Iโ€™d be much less happy with, but I can easily argue Mojo being top 2 or 3 in that gem.

Black Cat and Mojo awakening are my hopes as well. But honestly anyone but Invisible Woman would be great. Just got Domino, so awakening her would make r2ing her an easy decision. Angela awakening would easily replace my 6r3 I use for incursions sometimes. Iron Man is already r2, so more sigs the better.
    A_Fungi said:

I just popped an artifact crystal hoping for Mojo..... (all because of you @Fintech)

My condolences. He was my first pull. Then I had hope on my secondโ€ฆ.and awakened him. And then my third opening yesterday finally yielded my Hulkbuster chase!

Hoping your next is better, bud.
  • Options
    OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,776 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…

Black Cat and Mojo awakening are my hopes as well. But honestly anyone but Invisible Woman would be great. Just got Domino, so awakening her would make r2ing her an easy decision. Angela awakening would easily replace my 6r3 I use for incursions sometimes. Iron Man is already r2, so more sigs the better.
    A_Fungi said:

My condolences. He was my first pull. Then I had hope on my secondโ€ฆ.and awakened him. And then my third opening yesterday finally yielded my Hulkbuster chase!

Hoping your next is better, bud.
    Congrats on Hulkbuster - like many my top want from that crystal. My last pull was Ronin as well. I did dup Ronin with one of the paragons in the Romance Odin I bought.
  • Options
    CvlrCvlr Posts: 221 โ˜…โ˜…

He will be really useful in fintech's carina challenge lol
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,645 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    Wicket329 said:

Mojo is an incredible champion. He was my first mystic R5 over the likes of Doom, Tigra, and basically the entire mystic roster as it stood about a year ago. Aside from Kindred, who is not a potent attacker, he is the only champion in the game with the ability to reduce duration on every buff in the game. It is a unique piece of utility that bypasses almost every way that the game punishes buff control.

Additionally, the bulk of his damage is done through passive degenerations, an effect that extremely few champions or nodes grant resistance or immunity. One of my favorite matchups against a good defender is Mojo v Hulkling, you just complete prompts and watch him melt. The only downside to his damage output is that he really wants to be awakened. At sig 1, it doubles his damage. At sig 200, it triples.

His block proficiency is trash, yeah. But heโ€™s got a health pool almost as big as his belly and a useful regen mechanic to offset that. Anyway, Mojo rules, haters drool

Just gonna reiterate that he gets around almost every in-game method that is supposed to punish buff control. You donโ€™t even need the opponent to gain temporary buffs if you can max out his followers, because youโ€™ll place buffs on them. Heโ€™s a menace, includes mini games, can heal, places passive degens, and is really only countered with Mags, champs that are buff immune, or champs that are degen resistant (so like, 5 total champs).

With mystic dispersion, he reaches godlike heights of ugliness.
  • Options
    PandingoPandingo Posts: 749 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    I hate disagreeing because SO many people disagree with every...single...post. But he was my first and I couldn't have been happier. And when I duped him WHO BOY!! I was stoked. Got that thrice duped ghost rider relic on him and we are just chomping away at people
  • Options
    QueenMcocQueenMcoc Posts: 853 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    Mojo loves you
  • Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,807 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    It could have been a Namor dupe or Angela sig 40 as in my case, Mojo is atleast new and you can atleast try out Finn's challenge with that
  • Options
    TheShinyDomeTheShinyDome Posts: 185 โ˜…โ˜…
    A_Fungi said:

I pulled a Ronin from my first one, but honestly he's surprised me with how good he is.
  • Options

I seriously love this post - OP comes on to complain about pulling Mojo, gets several replies that he's actually good, including details explanations of where he's good and how to use him, and OP actually reads them and learns from it, now OP is happy with the pull. Great story :smile:

lol thank you! Yeah, I genuinely enjoy the game and if there are moments where I can learn something, then Iโ€™m all in! MOJO has seriously surprised me in a good way.

My uncle pulled 6* MOJO a while back and constantly bashes him so Iโ€™m trying to show him the way now ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,359 โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…โ˜…
    edited February 24
    Mojo's in the better half of that crystal.