**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Hyperion in Alliance War

CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
So I was using hyperion in Alliance war and regen never triggered. I did my Special 3 and after having 3 cosmic charges I dash back and hold for regen and my cosmic charges will dissapear and no regen activated. I try this like 10 times so please investigate this issue.

Comments

• Deadbyrd9Deadbyrd9 Posts: 3,469 ★★★★
    Did your charges disappear one by one? Is so that’s because one changed to a power gain since you weren’t at full power so you couldn’t convert 3 to a regen right after a sp3
  • MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    It’s not an issue. You don’t use the sp3. Whenever he’s below 3 bars of power he automatically converts cosmic charges into power gain buffs. So you need to hold onto 3 bars of power to get and keep them. When you have 3, dash back and hold block until the timer expires. Only use the sp3 after healing has started, not before.
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    It’s not an issue. You don’t use the sp3. Whenever he’s below 3 bars of power he automatically converts cosmic charges into power gain buffs. So you need to hold onto 3 bars of power to get and keep them. When you have 3, dash back and hold block until the timer expires. Only use the sp3 after healing has started, not before.

Thank you 😊
  • Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★
    edited December 2017

Not really. I mean what you're saying is true as well.

But I've been using the SP3 method since i got him a few months ago. After SP3, you instantly get 3 cosmic charges, and they do go down one by one to convert to power gain buffs but when you get a bar of power, one charge comes back almost instantly so you can trigger the heals.

Just tried in arena, still works. OP, Probably a one-time bug maybe?

Btw, on a seperate note, after triggering Healing, it says Hyperion doesn't gain any 'cosmic charge' for 45 seconds. But he also doesn't get his usual power gain for that period.
    So are those power gains usually those 'yellow' cosmic charges in converted form since he's not at full power?

• MegaSkater67MegaSkater67 Posts: 1,377 ★★★★
    Superman69 wrote: »

Not really. I mean what you're saying is true as well.

But I've been using the SP3 method since i got him a few months ago. After SP3, you instantly get 3 cosmic charges, and they do go down one by one to convert to power gain buffs but when you get a bar of power, one charge comes back almost instantly so you can trigger the heals.

Just tried in arena, still works. OP, Probably a one-time bug maybe?

Btw, on a seperate note, after triggering Healing, it says Hyperion doesn't gain any 'cosmic charge' for 45 seconds. But he also doesn't get his usual power gain for that period.
    So are those power gains usually those 'yellow' cosmic charges in converted form since he's not at full power?

Yeah it can work both ways but it’s just easier to hold onto the 3 bars. If he has cosmic charges he should convert them to power gain but if you run out of charges during that 45 seconds he won’t gain any power. To be honest with you I can’t actually remember the colour of them haha. Would have to check but If something is shown it should either be a charge or power gain buff. Converted charges should just disappear.
  • mum_m2mum_m2 Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    His regen is not really reliable, and leaves you open for taking block damage and even worse heavies. Plus you'll be taking away Hyperions BEST ability with his power gain. If you are relying on his regen, I would highly recommend someone else.

As for what you're experiencing, I've had this happen, but my charges reduce from 3-2. Since you can't have more than 3, this happens quite often.
  • Speeds80Speeds80 Posts: 2,013 ★★★★
    Not really reliable? It's not great but I use it when it's an easy fight and free health is free health to build back up block damage for boss fights, I use it when they are cornered and then bait for 30 seconds. Adds a bit of fun to the easier fights. are you saying it doesn't work sometimes? Cap clearly explained that he had 3 charges, indicating that he knows what he is talking about and this does seem like a bug unless he was mistaken
  • CapWW2CapWW2 Posts: 2,901 ★★★★
    edited December 2017
    I did sp3 to gain 3 cosmic charges then I hold 3 seconds and I would see the gray clock complete its cycle however the regen wont come up and the cosmic charges are gone.