AW Changes. Good or Bad?

Viper198787Viper198787 Member Posts: 592 ★★★★
https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/361238/alliance-war-season-48-tactics-new-elite-map-rewards-and-7-star-loyalty-crystal-acquisition

So what are people’s thoughts on the new war updates and loyalty shatter? Personally this seems like a really weak addition and further emphasizes how pointless is unless you’re a top master’s alliance. Being plat and lower doesn’t really have any incentive for the effort put forth. Now the top tier alliances also get 2 7* SWs.

Comments

• GamerGamer Member Posts: 10,732 ★★★★★
    I still can’t find why there’s deme magic 6 star to be to broken to be released when now SW 7 star is around the corner don’t know why but that’s just me personally i not competitive so don’t care they getting a 7 star SW just no ide why no magic as a 6 star
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,939 ★★★★★
    Gamer said:

I still can’t find why there’s deme magic 6 star to be to broken to be released when now SW 7 star is around the corner don’t know why but that’s just me personally i not competitive so don’t care they getting a 7 star SW just no ide why no magic as a 6 star

Maybe she be in the x magica crystal will have to wait and see if she aint in it then missed opportunity
  • JoSpidey_10JoSpidey_10 Member Posts: 100
    i love it imo. good way of getting 7* shards
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,674 ★★★★★
    The 7* sw is cool I guess and limited for who knows how long, but the top ranks will be swimming in t4a quickly.
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,160 ★★★★★
    Good for high upper brackets, bruh for mid to low.
    I mean I feel them, a little reward buff to help their monthly grind will be nice but lol no.
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Member Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★

• Crys23Crys23 Member Posts: 809 ★★★★

I can't even think about the rewards while reading this bs new tactic, indestructible passive every 5s and every dodge, evade, miss? And it doesn't pause during attacker's specials? So basically if you're using tigra, you will do no damage by the end of the sp2 animation, that's f* great
    And of course bullseye is on the list of the defenders, because it's so fun to now be obliged to bring a bleed immune cause otherwise you'll die just by parrying him that much (the only way to remove indestructible is by well time blocks and it doesn't remove all the charges at once)
    Not to mention zemo is on the list as well, the amount of block damage will be insane
    When we think kabam is actually learning from it's mistakes, it brings a bs node that we used to hate so much during 2020

Of course using a non-tactic attacker on a tactic defender is a bad idea. The whole idea behind AW tactics is to use specific champions. Tactic attacker will PAUSE the indestructible timer after every hit.
  • Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Member Posts: 1,121 ★★★★★
    Deacon said:

"In addition, we have heard time and again from top Alliances that AW rewards don’t justify the time and effort required."

reading stuff like this or something similar is what causes the continued imbalance of the game. it's why BGs is hitting a wall ... it's why this new content is constantly being bashed. all this catering and "listening" to the top this or top that is unsettling.

none of these rewards justify the time and effort when you have everything in the game. these "top" adjustments do only one thing. make the rich, richer. of course the rewards aren't going to be worth it when you're constantly being fattened and fed so heavily by Kabam.

how do you motivate an entire ecosystem of players when the "goodies" are seemingly always aimed at pleasing the "top" of the food chain. let's keep separating the pack to make the lions feel good. maybe if we give the top lions that one deer with the golden horns .. all the tigers and bobcats will want to hunt harder? no, that's not how it works. your tigers and bobcats will eventually find another jungle as has been proven.

every tier of war should feel valued. every progression should feel valued. i have no idea why that's just not the case. it's seriously mind bottling. how has this precious "ecosystem" gotten so out of hand? the separation between progressions is so far gone it's not even funny these days. gotta love protecting the ecosystem.

so my thoughts on these changes ... great for the usual suspects and well ... git gooder i suppose for everyone thereafter.

Someone interested in the long term health and profitability of the game might want to read this a few times… and then read it again tomorrow. Just sayin’….
  • Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Member Posts: 1,121 ★★★★★
    War and BGs are for higher tiers only… the game couldn’t care less if you aren’t at that level. Quit playing that mode is the lesson

Maybe if you aren’t in the top 1%, Kabam starts to only reward 3 star shards for side quests and EQ. That will motivate everyone to pay up or suffer the consequences. (Am I doing this right?)
  • iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Member Posts: 728 ★★★★
    Crys23 said:

Of course using a non-tactic attacker on a tactic defender is a bad idea. The whole idea behind AW tactics is to use specific champions. Tactic attacker will PAUSE the indestructible timer after every hit.

It will still demand a high amount of parry, you don't get the indestructible just with the timer but as far as i understood dexterity as well...all it takes is a passive AI and you already need 5 parry in order to start doing damage again
    I played this node back in 2020, it's not the exact same one (the other was called stubborn) but it's very similar, people absolutely hated this node, the fights just takes so long in general and not to mention there's nodes and some champions on that list that will be unblockable for a certain amount of time, so while you're waiting the unblockable expire, boom another indestructible
  • bdawg923bdawg923 Member Posts: 764 ★★★★
    edited February 28
    I'm in a master 1 alliance and I just CANNOT WAIT to use a nerfed meta champ from 2016 at sig 20 where her abilities will trigger 8.3% of the time. This will get me to invest HEAVILY into aw. I will stop playing all other game modes because of the SW news.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Member Posts: 5,674 ★★★★★
    bdawg923 said:

I'm in a master 1 alliance and I just CANNOT WAIT to use a nerfed meta champ from 2016 at sig 20 where her abilities will trigger 8.3% of the time. This will get me to invest HEAVILY into aw. I will stop playing all other game modes because of the SW news.

If she's such a nerfed meta champ from 2026, why did it take 7 years to become a 6*?
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,939 ★★★★★
    bdawg923 said:

If u get master 1 twice she be sig 60 which yeah aint a big thing but still damn jealous i am for people getting her in war
  • VaniteliaVanitelia Member Posts: 452 ★★★
    Until they move to a relegation format that actually rewards wins and really punishes losses, Masters will continue to be the same alliances every season as long as the points multiplier is in effect. Make the wars mean something. Top 15 stay in masters, bottom 5 move down to Plat1and so on. Arguably, there's more stress in allies trying to move up a tier than there is to stay. Doesn't seem right.
  • Crys23Crys23 Member Posts: 809 ★★★★

Crys23 said:

It will still demand a high amount of parry, you don't get the indestructible just with the timer but as far as i understood dexterity as well...all it takes is a passive AI and you already need 5 parry in order to start doing damage again
    I played this node back in 2020, it's not the exact same one (the other was called stubborn) but it's very similar, people absolutely hated this node, the fights just takes so long in general and not to mention there's nodes and some champions on that list that will be unblockable for a certain amount of time, so while you're waiting the unblockable expire, boom another indestructible
    I remember Stubborn, trust me. I've been playing tier 1 AW for 7-8 years. You're not visualizing the fight: use a tactic attacker, parry - hit them, parry - hit them, bait special. When you parry you'll build the passive prowess, timer is paused while you hit them and during their specials. If a indestructible sneaks through, it will be instantly removed by consuming 1 prowess. You run out of prowess, parry some more. If you want to get fancy, parry their specials too.
    The one champion with a high risk to become unblockable is NF, so use a mutant tactic attacker (15+ to chose from) and keep his tactical charges in check.
    Basic play mechanics, don't really have to do anything special like intercept, or land a heavy, or specific combo. Just parry, hit them. And it doesn't have to be parry + stun. Just well timed block. Even the less skilled can manage that. The order will be: deal with the node, deal with the defender, deal with the tactic.
  • Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Member Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    My advice is: don’t play for scraps. You either play because the mode is fun (which is the point), or don’t play at all. Top teams get rewards worth having, and might actually be worth doing (after this bump) even if you kinda hate it (to fuel some part of the game you love). Everyone else doesn’t. That’s kind of it.