**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Immunities vs shrugging

MaratoxMaratox Posts: 1,499 ★★★★★
In WoW Nebula fight if you go in with Scorpion while running liquid courage and the rupture prefight, he takes cold turkey damage. This seemed like a bug to me but when you use Apoc on the same fight while running double edge, he also takes the cold turkey damage when he gains his bleed immunity. That interaction I might be able to understand because the immunity is gained mid fight, but scorpion should be immune for the whole fight? I’d be curious to see if this is an intended interaction.

Comments

• Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,994 ★★★★★
    edited February 28
    I believe it's because the effect needs to try to apply for the game to recognize the champion is immune to it. Like how buff immune champs can still be effected by dexterity failing to apply to them and stuff
  • Options
    OrtounOrtoun Posts: 571 ★★★
    ahmynuts said:

I believe it's because the effect needs to try to apply for the game to recognize the champion is immune to it. Like how buff immune champs can still be effected by dexterity failing to apply to them and stuff

But then wouldn't the same thing happen when scorpion is immune to a shock during the fight?
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian
    Maratox said:

In WoW Nebula fight if you go in with Scorpion while running liquid courage and the rupture prefight, he takes cold turkey damage. This seemed like a bug to me but when you use Apoc on the same fight while running double edge, he also takes the cold turkey damage when he gains his bleed immunity. That interaction I might be able to understand because the immunity is gained mid fight, but scorpion should be immune for the whole fight? I’d be curious to see if this is an intended interaction.

I don't know if it is fully intended, but my suspicion is that this is due to an order of operation technicality. Scorpion's poison immunity in the situation you're describing is due to a prefight ability triggering. That can't happen "before" the fight: abilities happen during fights. So the poison immunity is programmed to happen immediately at the start of the right. But the poison from liquid courage also isn't just always there either: it is also applied right at the start of the fight. It is impossible for the prefight to happen "before" the liquid courage mastery effects, so they happen "at the same time."

But nothing actually happens at the same time: computers don't work that way. If both are programmed to happen in the very first instant of the fight, one of them still has to happen first. Liquid courage is probably applying its poison debuff first, and then the prefight applies its immunities and the poison is immediately purified. Cold Turkey sees it and applies damage.