**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Karatemike's Avengers Carina's Challenge Guide

Milan1405Milan1405 Posts: 952 ★★★★

Comments

• Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,563 ★★★★★
    So what im seeing here is that i can use my 7* r1 unduped antman instead of wasting resources on the 6*
  • Options
    Savage123456789Savage123456789 Posts: 680 ★★★
    ahmynuts said:

So what im seeing here is that i can use my 7* r1 unduped antman instead of wasting resources on the 6*

I used unduped R1 antman. 1 revive on dragonman (RNG fight, you can use a duped antman and still use 10 revives), 1 revive on sassy (could have been a solo, just takes longer with unduped), about 4 revives on mojo (poor play, long fight) @ahmynuts
    The main problem with unduped is that you need to intercept to refresh debuffs, duped allows you to pause the debuffs everytime you dex. You can't pause with unduped.
  • Options
    DeathsworkerDeathsworker Posts: 148 ★★
    goat
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,439 ★★★★★
    Did it earlier with all r3s.
    Wasn't bad.
    1 left... The r3 Zemo run.
  • Options

ahmynuts said:

I used unduped R1 antman. 1 revive on dragonman (RNG fight, you can use a duped antman and still use 10 revives), 1 revive on sassy (could have been a solo, just takes longer with unduped), about 4 revives on mojo (poor play, long fight) @ahmynuts
    The main problem with unduped is that you need to intercept to refresh debuffs, duped allows you to pause the debuffs everytime you dex. You can't pause with unduped.
    That's good to know. I think I should be fine then
  • Options

Wasn't bad.

What was your item usage like?
  • Options
    ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

That's good to know. I think I should be fine then
    Yes I think an unduped R1 would be okay but I think the Mojo and sassy fights would be a bit more annoying. Also duped antman usually maintains lots of debuffs on the enemy so with 3/3 inequity you reduce opponents attack by 36%. Combine that with glancing and he become super super tanky and easier to play. But if you're good with antman, you should be fine. Also maybe consider setting stat focus to physical resistance for extra tankiness? As the sassy fight is really long and it's super helpful to be able to block endlessly.
  • Options

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

No problem mate. Good luck on your run :)
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,153 ★★★★★
    proper guide mate. if i ever even dream of doing it i'll refer to this.
  • Options
    FrydayFryday Posts: 792 ★★★★
    @Milan1405 ,

Firstly thank you very much for your details guild.

I'm about an average player (get to BG GC most season and used any average 100 revive on Necropolis, I think).

Would a R3 Thor (sig around 100) be do able (with some revises) for this challenge?

I have very limited resources, and most of it going into BWOG (both in term of sig stones and rank up), so really won't have much left for Thor.

Ideally like to get it done this month, since Zemo is part of this Saga thing, so would like to get that done too, but need to do the Avengers Challenge first to get the 2* Zemo.

Many thanks in advance for any further insight regarding Thor.
  • Options
    Fryday said:

@Milan1405 ,

Firstly thank you very much for your details guild.

I'm about an average player (get to BG GC most season and used any average 100 revive on Necropolis, I think).

Would a R3 Thor (sig around 100) be do able (with some revises) for this challenge?

I have very limited resources, and most of it going into BWOG (both in term of sig stones and rank up), so really won't have much left for Thor.

Ideally like to get it done this month, since Zemo is part of this Saga thing, so would like to get that done too, but need to do the Avengers Challenge first to get the 2* Zemo.

Many thanks in advance for any further insight regarding Thor.

No problem, hopefully it helps you get through the challenge with minimal item use.

I would probably advise against using a R3 sig 100 thor. He will do far less damage not only because he is lower ranked, but the sig 200 is really important for Thor as he misses out on a lot of damage even with sig 100. I would suggest waiting if possible and maybe you can use sig stones from Winter of woe rewards to put into him as R3 sig 100 thor will not be able to get anywhere near soloing Vision or Terrax, and I don't think he would be able to solo Killmonger either.

TLDR: You can do it with a R3 sig 100 thor but it will definitely cost you a fair few extra revives. I would really try to get him to sig200 if possible, unless you have a lot of revives spare.
  • Options
    ahmynuts said:

Wasn't bad.

3 team revives and 14 single revives.
    Pretty good lol, cuz I'm satisfied. A lot of close solos some mistakes and getting familiar to the champ spacing again. but I'll take it.
    I kinda cheaped out on many fights by not healing.
  • Options

ahmynuts said:

Wasn't bad.

Pretty good lol, cuz I'm satisfied. A lot of close solos some mistakes and getting familiar to the champ spacing again. but I'll take it.
    That's extremely impressive with all rank 3's. I had way higher ranked champs and it still cost me 2 team revives and a couple of solo revives. (Although the solo revives were due to dropped inputs which was so annoying).

This is very good data as it means on average a team of rank 4's will save you around 10-20 revives based on skill level, compared to a team of rank 3's.

It's a real shame about that stupid dragonman fight and void AI, otherwise realistically you could solo every single fight.
  • Options
    @Milan1405

Many thanks for the reply.

I definitely don't have revive to spare (especially since I hoping to do the Zemo one sometime soon after). 🤣🤣🤣

But yeah sig stones are still really limited (especially when this challenge is essentially asking for around 600 sig stones 😬)

I do agreed with you, the challenges itself seem like a nice idea, but the lack of champs resources support as part of the rewards is a big oversight.
  • Options
    Fryday said:

@Milan1405

Many thanks for the reply.

I definitely don't have revive to spare (especially since I hoping to do the Zemo one sometime soon after). 🤣🤣🤣

But yeah sig stones are still really limited (especially when this challenge is essentially asking for around 600 sig stones 😬)

I do agreed with you, the challenges itself seem like a nice idea, but the lack of champs resources support as part of the rewards is a big oversight.

Antman is fine at sig 20 btw, as are hawkeye and iron man. But yeah, thor and black widow really need sig200 which is a fair amount of investment for most of the playerbase (especially paragons as kabam did not buff their Battlegrounds store) and the rewards are very underwhelming.
  • Options
    Deacon said:

proper guide mate. if i ever even dream of doing it i'll refer to this.

Thanks mate, good luck!
  • Options
    Milan1405 said:

ahmynuts said:

Wasn't bad.

That's extremely impressive with all rank 3's. I had way higher ranked champs and it still cost me 2 team revives and a couple of solo revives. (Although the solo revives were due to dropped inputs which was so annoying).

This is very good data as it means on average a team of rank 4's will save you around 10-20 revives based on skill level, compared to a team of rank 3's.

It's a real shame about that stupid dragonman fight and void AI, otherwise realistically you could solo every single fight.
    Well, spider Gwen took me 5 revives due to not healing. combat power rate is key to reach sp3.
    I died so many times before reaching sp3.
  • Options
    JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 1,009 ★★★★
    I have a sig 1 Thor is that enough lol
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,635 ★★★★★
    edited March 1
    I got Void Down in 1 revive using Hawkeye. You need to time your SP1s to hit during the poison immune like the OP said. He’ll take massive bleed damage as it scales up from the power shield node. And you can hang back and manage the weaknesses as you only need to connect with the sp1. It was actually one of the best Gauntlet Void counters I’ve ever used.
  • Options
    BigBlueOx said:

I got Void Down in 1 revive using Hawkeye. You need to time your SP1s to hit during the need phase. He’ll take massive bleed damage as it scales up from the power shield node. And you can hang back and manage the weaknesses as you only need to connect with the sp1. It was actually one of the best Gauntlet Void counters I’ve ever used.

That was my strategy but maybe I just got unlucky when I used hawkeye as void just alternated between dashing into me without throwing his special, so I couldn't create space to get rid off the weakness debuff, or, more annoyingly he just stood there blocking in the corner and then debuffed me and I took massive damage. Anyway the void AI on that fight was so annoying as I expected to solo him with hawkeye tbh. Then, as I said in the guide the AI behaved more normally when I used my other champs in subsequent tries but I was so angry about the hawkeye try that I was still fuming and played badly for the rest of that fight as a result.
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,635 ★★★★★
    Milan1405 said:

BigBlueOx said:

I got Void Down in 1 revive using Hawkeye. You need to time your SP1s to hit during the need phase. He’ll take massive bleed damage as it scales up from the power shield node. And you can hang back and manage the weaknesses as you only need to connect with the sp1. It was actually one of the best Gauntlet Void counters I’ve ever used.

That was my strategy but maybe I just got unlucky when I used hawkeye as void just alternated between dashing into me without throwing his special, so I couldn't create space to get rid off the weakness debuff, or, more annoyingly he just stood there blocking in the corner and then debuffed me and I took massive damage. Anyway the void AI on that fight was so annoying as I expected to solo him with hawkeye tbh. Then, as I said in the guide the AI behaved more normally when I used my other champs in subsequent tries but I was so angry about the hawkeye try that I was still fuming and played badly for the rest of that fight as a result.
    Yeah you definitely had the right strategy. I agree on R4 Sig 200 BW too. She solo’d Korg, Spider Ham, MODOK and Thing for me. She was quite good
  • Options
    edited March 1
    Crys23 said:

I knew from day1 that this challenge was well thought out, and those champs were actuall proper counters. Not like those idiots who were bashing or even threatening Mike, before even giving it a try.
    Now I see more and more people are realizing this, and find themselves enjoying the challenge and using those champs.

Yes, overall the main problem with the challenge is that it requires high level champs and lots of investment for basically no rewards, but people need to remember that's Kabam's fault, not Mikes.

The only fight that was bulls*** was that dragonman who is an RNG BS fiesta. The fact that you can play perfectly and he can just turtle up and then SP3 you really annoying. If they put a node like 'Intercept to put a taunt on dragonman' or an 'aggressive' node, it would be MUCH more enjoyable. Like someone else said, you can get lucky and spend 1 revive or you can get really unlucky and spend 10. One team revive isn't the end of the world but I REALLY hate spending revives when I play perfectly.

I think the void fight would have actually been okay if I didn't get unlucky and get the worst AI imaginable as well. And the dropped inputs/lag really pissed me off as it cost me 2 unnecessary revives. I get that Kabam have acknowledge and are trying to fix it, but to nerf revive farming while these issues plague players is OUTRAGEOUS.
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,925 ★★★★★
    This is perfect. Thanks @Milan1405
    This is the next Carinas I will be tackling once I get all the champs where they need to be. 😎
  • Options
    Crys23Crys23 Posts: 775 ★★★★
    Milan1405 said:

Crys23 said:

I knew from day1 that this challenge was well thought out, and those champs were actuall proper counters. Not like those idiots who were bashing or even threatening Mike, before even giving it a try.
    Now I see more and more people are realizing this, and find themselves enjoying the challenge and using those champs.

Yes, overall the main problem with the challenge is that it requires high level champs and lots of investment for basically no rewards, but people need to remember that's Kabam's fault, not Mikes.

The only fight that was bulls*** was that dragonman who is an RNG BS fiesta. The fact that you can play perfectly and he can just turtle up and then SP3 you really annoying. If they put a node like 'Intercept to put a taunt on dragonman' or an 'aggressive' node, it would be MUCH more enjoyable. Like someone else said, you can get lucky and spend 1 revive or you can get really unlucky and spend 10. One team revive isn't the end of the world but I REALLY hate spending revives when I play perfectly.

I think the void fight would have actually been okay if I didn't get unlucky and get the worst AI imaginable as well. And the dropped inputs/lag really pissed me off as it cost me 2 unnecessary revives. I get that Kabam have acknowledge and are trying to fix it, but to nerf revive farming while these issues plague players is OUTRAGEOUS.
    I dissagree with the "requires high level champs" part. Gauntlet was released when R3s were top level, so it definitely is doable with 6R3s (I did).
    Also, at the same time the concept of ranking champs to do the content is not new. It's just not all rankups are gonna be as valuable as Herc, Scorp, Ghost or whatever op champ you use.
    Either way, the players that should attempt these challenges should have no issue getting the resources for rankups.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,965 ★★★★★
    Damn it sucks i just did this one last week too! Do you plan on making ones for the other revive intensive challenges?
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,076 ★★★★★
    Wth, this is feeling like mini Necro.
  • Options
    Reading between @Milan1405 and @Verreaux

It seem like Antman main fight is Mojo, as it is seem possible to take Sassy with Hawkeye.

For anyone that got this done, can Mojo be taken by anyone else?