**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BUG - SPRING OF SORROW ANNIHILUS**
Currently, Annihilus has their Signature ability erroneously set to 1 - it should be 0.

The team will be fixing this issue ASAP.

Thank you for your patience.
Options

Who to rank up for BGs overall

Savage123456789Savage123456789 Posts: 680 ★★★
Who do you think is more useful in BGs in general? and not just this upcoming meta. I have a 5* awakened max rank venom relic and a 6* R2 unawakened venom relic as well. I can only rank 1 up.

Who to rank up for BGs overall 95 votes

R5 Ascended CGR
47%
DrZolaCazMhd20034BluestoneXSquadLogan00Maicoñ97Eugene_VirtuosoAleorIsThisLossSagacious0wlpeixemacacoEwell65SSS69Milan1405SaucyOYCBeastDadBen_15455ahmynutsAzenstar 45 votes
R2 Venom
52%
PantherusNZKeltanBigTuna_2054Ragnarok13FrankWhitehydrogohardAckbar67IamnikeLegendboy2411Rayven5220sxlbstverliebtBlackOracleDeaconcaptain_rogersItsClobberinTimeAerokWolf911SpikerjaxxLunatiXxo_o 50 votes

Comments

• Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,567 ★★★★★
    R5 Ascended CGR
    Both have zero defensive value. But CGR has been more useful overall.
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    R2 Venom
    BeastDad said:

My r2 venom has more often than not gotten kills on defense in bg's without a good counter.

One slip up usually spells death against him if not bleed immune.

He has alot more defensive value than CGR, anyways.

That said, it's hard to say who is more useful overall.

Cgr is a nuke. Venom only nukes if they aren't immune to bleed, but has more defensive value.

It completely depends on the rest of your roster.
  • Options
    OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,838 ★★★★
    R2 Venom
    CGR is great as an R4 - and the more so since he is ascended. I don’t think he really needs to be both to do what he does.

Venom, on the other hand, can benefit from the R2. Also, 7*’s are always my first choice at this point.

@SlayerOfGods is the expert of course - they may have something to say about this.
  • Options
    edited March 3

CGR is great as an R4 - and the more so since he is ascended. I don’t think he really needs to be both to do what he does.

Venom, on the other hand, can benefit from the R2. Also, 7*’s are always my first choice at this point.

@SlayerOfGods is the expert of course - they may have something to say about this.

The problem is when fighting big rosters with 7* R2 or R3 defenders, my R4 CGR won't be that good unless my opponent has a bad matchup. And I don't need both on my deck, whoever gets ranked up will go into my deck, the other one won't make it due to other champs that I already have ranked up.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,968 ★★★★★

The problem is when fighting big rosters with 7* R2 or R3 defenders, my R4 CGR won't be that good unless my opponent has a bad matchup. And I don't need both on my deck, whoever gets ranked up will go into my deck, the other one won't make it due to other champs that I already have ranked up.
    Saw a rumor that CGR was teased at getting a 7* so hold off for now. Though i think he takes on more meta defenders like KM, Maestro, Nick, Korg, Onslaught. Possibly bullseye/photon decently
  • Options

BeastDad said:

My r2 venom has more often than not gotten kills on defense in bg's without a good counter.

Cgr is a nuke. Venom only nukes if they aren't immune to bleed, but has more defensive value.

My overall roster is balanced when it comes to offense and defense. I don't have the newer shiny defenders like onslaught and bullseye though. Maybe venom is better since he has some defensive value? I'll have to sleep on it, I still have sometime before level up comes and BG store gets updated before I make my rank up
  • Options
    Polygon said:

Saw a rumor that CGR was teased at getting a 7* so hold off for now. Though i think he takes on more meta defenders like KM, Maestro, Nick, Korg, Onslaught. Possibly bullseye/photon decently
    This was just a leak that is unlikely to happen right now. We'll see on Monday when the updates comes in if he's in the game files or not
  • Options

One other issue that holds back CGR a lot in BGs is whether he can even work or not in the BGs meta.

For example if you can’t do full 5 hit combos or to a lesser extent if you can’t parry or stun to get his heavy in. Like for instance window of opportunity stun- he’d have a hard time even making it into the deck compared to cosmics like Galan or Herc etc.

This is CGRs biggest detriment.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,446 ★★★★★
    R2 Venom
    Cgr needs a specific playstyle and a lot of room to mess it up.

Venom works if opponents bleed. My r3 Venom kills most defender in 20-30 seconds.
  • Options

R4 Ascended or R5 Unascended CGR is plenty for now. I'm admittedly not too familiar with Venom's effectiveness, but I've seen a lot of anti-CGR propaganda (joke) in this thread so maybe I should invest in my 7-Star Venom lol.
  • Options
    mmartin5817mmartin5817 Posts: 84
    R2 Venom
    Venom at r3 is a decent defender that most people dismiss. If you have a 5 or 6* duped venom relic to go with him he’d be my choice. Cgr is good too
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,567 ★★★★★
    R5 Ascended CGR

BeastDad said:

Then you are playing some of the worst opponents in history. Venom is a beyond easy kill unless the meta is in his favor. (Which is rare )

At r2 vs r5 ascended CGR is overall better in BG’s. That’s not taking anything away from the greatest character in marvel history, it just is what it is.
  • Options

R4 Ascended or R5 Unascended CGR is plenty for now. I'm admittedly not too familiar with Venom's effectiveness, but I've seen a lot of anti-CGR propaganda (joke) in this thread so maybe I should invest in my 7-Star Venom lol.
    Without any points in petrify, and at rank 5, if you do heavy then power gain then vigilance does that take you to 2 bars of power?

If so, you can argue that r5 non ascended over r4 ascended is preferred
  • Options
    edited March 4
    Polygon said:

Without any points in petrify, and at rank 5, if you do heavy then power gain then vigilance does that take you to 2 bars of power?

Sorry, but your comment about the Petrify Mastery and the Combat Power Rate each champ gets per Rank shows that you still don't understand the difference between what those 2 things actually do. I tried explaining it to you in another thread almost a month ago, so I'm going to post it here again (apologies if this comes across as curt - I don't know the best way to phrase it, but the distinction is important).

To answer your question, you want points in Petrify at all times - it reduces the opponents Combat Power Rate.

R3 or higher with CGR gives him enough Combat Power Rate to reach Special 2 by doing H, MLLLL, MLLLM. So R4 Ascended or R5 Unascended doesn't really matter much for that purpose, other than damage.
  • Options

I don't think that I can personally tell you in good conscience to Rank Up and use Venom over CGR.

They're both very good, but if you know what you're doing, CGR is leagues ahead of Venom.
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    R2 Venom
    BeastDad said:

BeastDad said:

Then you are playing some of the worst opponents in history. Venom is a beyond easy kill unless the meta is in his favor. (Which is rare )

At r2 vs r5 ascended CGR is overall better in BG’s. That’s not taking anything away from the greatest character in marvel history, it just is what it is.
    Lol, nobody plays perfectly every fight.

It's not like I said I always place him on defense, but let me tell you that the few times I have, and the other player has slipped up and gotten combed, they die fast.
    Hence why I said he has more defensive value than CGR.
  • Options

Polygon said:

Sorry, but your comment about the Petrify Mastery and the Combat Power Rate each champ gets per Rank shows that you still don't understand the difference between what those 2 things actually do. I tried explaining it to you in another thread almost a month ago, so I'm going to post it here again (apologies if this comes across as curt - I don't know the best way to phrase it, but the distinction is important).

To answer your question, you want points in Petrify at all times - it reduces the opponents Combat Power Rate.

R3 or higher with CGR gives him enough Combat Power Rate to reach Special 2 by doing H, MLLLL, MLLLM. So R4 Ascended or R5 Unascended doesn't really matter much for that purpose, other than damage.
    Theres a reason i asked it again because that post only talks about it with points in petrify. I cant fit any points in that mastery right now, so i was just curious if the added 5% combat rate from r5 to r4 lets YOU get to the sp2 before they get to a single bar of power via the H, light ender, medium ender method