**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Am I crazy

Am I crazy to not use my 5* mutant awakening gem on archangel. I was looking to save it for iceman. I think if I could only rank 4 one of these guys it would be iceman for his immunities and ice armour. I have a 5* duped gwenpool that can be my damage dealer. What do you think. Should archangel get the mutant awakening stone and should he be my rank 4 or should it be iceman.
Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,180 ★★★★★
    Save for bit my advis
  • Options
    shchong2shchong2 Posts: 2,419 ★★★★
    edited December 2017
    @Achilleous_07, while only you know what you need and only you can make the best decision for youself, assuming , I'm in your shoes, I will use my 5* MUTANT awakening gem for Iceman, I may need his triple-immunity (since there's no other champ that's incinerate immune) and his ice-amour to take a few L3 hits

This is assuming I already have:
    1) One or more good Bleed champs (GP, X23, BP, Drax, Blade, etc),
    2) One or more reliable Power control champs (Vision OG, Vision AoU, Magik, Dormammu, HE, Psylocke, etc),
    3) One or more reliable regen champs (Wolverine, GR, X23, Blade, etc)
    4) One or more accuracy reduction champs (CB, Elektra, GP, BW high sig, etc)
    5) One or more high damage output champs (Hyperion, Hulk, SL, etc)
    6) One or more God-tier champs (Starky, Voodoo, Blade, SW, etc)
    7) One or more tank/high health champs (King Groot, Angela, etc)

Personally, for myself I think it is worth it, but I'll probably NOT use my 5* generic awakening champ for him. I think I'll save my 5* generic one for other options. All the best for your 5* top champ to kick-ass!!! :)

Many other experts may have better and different opinions. We'll see what's their first hand experiences with awakening 5* AA vs 5* Iceman :)
  • Options
    Thanks for your input shchong2. Any other experienced players care to weigh in.
    Thanks.
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
    I would say AA is miles better than Iceman?

• Options
    Well Iceman benefits a bit from being awaken compare to Archangel need to be awaken before u get his full potentiel of the bleed + posion.

Iceman awaken gain faster Icearmor and start with the coldsnap.

The coldsnap is v good against any evade champs like spidey, mordo and so.

So depends on ur roaster and where u are at the game..
  • Options
    RapRap Posts: 3,194 ★★★★
    All I can tell you is that AA is the only champ I have that hasn't had his powerups interupted...just about stopped using them for everyone else. Tired of getting hit in the middle of it.
  • Options
    xananabananaxananabanana Posts: 495
    I believe quite a lot of people are even willing to use a generic gem on AA.
  • Options
    AA benefits alot more from being awakened. SP1 and its like Iceman is awakened anyways. AA turns insane when awakened. Just not great vs immune champs.
  • Options
    LocoMotivesLocoMotives Posts: 1,200 ★★★
    Ideally I’m saving mine for Iceman too, but I doubt I could resist awakening AA if I had him instead. Too much potential.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    If iceman is your desire that’s reasonable. AA is a monster though so I would not hold onto the gem for a long period of time because you never know when/if you’ll get iceman so the gem could lose its value over time. and AA just flat out makes better use of it in everyday use where IM gets a slight damage bump and starts the match with an evasion counter.